Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2019, 01:26 PM

7,470 posts, read 4,301,833 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
Breaking: At least 18 people were shot inside a Walmart.

We in America live in a world where the distance between bigotry and bullets is miniscule.

The thread was titled 18 people shot, before we all unfortunately learned it now should read: 20 slaughtered and 26 wounded with some barely clinging to life.

The El Paso murderer expressed ideas consistent with the white supremacist/white nationalist movement and he is a domestic terrorist. Where is our national outrage and united response to this terrorism?

Can this really be the United States of America?
Where in the world did you get the idea that there is no national outrage to this sort of terrorism? Whether it be white supremacist, ANTIFA, Islamic or any other form of it? People who believe in the 2nd Amendment "the bitter clingers" as Obama labeled us and "the deplorables" as Clinton labeled us go to shopping malls and public events too. Isn't that terminology a form of bigotry too?

It's how we respond to it that matters. Punishing and blaming the innocent for the crimes of the guilty? If it's giving up our civil liberties and the concept of Constitutional law then you've got a long hard fight against you. One that you probably or at least hopefully won't ever win.

Quote:
Benjamin Franklin — ‘Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.’
Can this really be the United States of America?

Last edited by Ex New Yorker; 08-04-2019 at 01:36 PM..

Old 08-04-2019, 01:27 PM

11,574 posts, read 13,910,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post

You certainly don't have any problems demonizing others when you label anyone who disagrees with your own hateful rhetoric as "racist". That seems to be a common trait amongst Democrats. Yet they can't seem to figure out why this country is so divided?
+ 1,000,000,000

Old 08-04-2019, 01:29 PM

11,574 posts, read 13,910,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
The Dems don't want your guns. First they want Trump to quit his hateful racist rhetoric. We want assault weapon bans. And before some of you come on here to school me on the definition of assault weapons, don't bother because I'm not interested. We also want background checks. That would be a start. It's a shame that the president of the U.S. promotes white nationalism and demonizes those who are "other."
Polly want a cracker?

Old 08-04-2019, 01:32 PM

3,556 posts, read 4,375,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chacho_keva View Post
suspect shooter's suspect ethnicity? Anglo american

suspect shooter's reason for shooting? Possibly hate

suspect shooter's weapon of choice? Apparently an assault-style rifle

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-49221936
All the above . . . CONFIRMED!

Old 08-04-2019, 01:39 PM

38,617 posts, read 26,274,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
One has to be intentionally dense (or worse but I'll get a TOS violation for saying it) to think that what applied and was thought of in 1790 or earlier (or even somewhat later) applies today. The weapons in existence then were nothing like we have today. The population was smaller, population density smaller, the country was new and people were paranoid and not trusting of the new government, there was less of a law enforcement presence and our military was nothing like it is now (like guns can even protect us against what our military has if the gov decides to go rogue and we try to fight back, LOL good one).

I have to wonder what our founding fathers would say on the issue if they knew all that has happened since they put their ideas on paper and signed centuries ago, especially what's happened in more recent decades with the surge in these mass shootings. If they knew of the weapon technology we have today and just everything going on in modern times.

At the time the Constitution was written, women couldn't vote and were basically like their husbands' property and most black people in this country were enslaved, yet we hang onto the Second Amendment and things said about it at the time like it's gospel.

You think the Founders didn't expect weapons technology to improve over time?

Old 08-04-2019, 01:41 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,778,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Well now they’re blaming the president.

It’s their only argument and it never works.

Trump can now simply run on “Dems will take away your guns” and will win the re-election easily.
This is all they know how to do. I wish they would start pinning the blame on where it is due...like on the person who made the crappy choice to do this. Sadly people hear it and then believe it.

Trump should not run on Dems will take your guns away. Especially this soon after 3 shootings in less than a week.

Old 08-04-2019, 01:43 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,470,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
No. The Rs and Ds get a copy of the sign in sheet, or computer list. That along with stamping the voter registration prevents people who voted in one party primary from voting in the run-off of the other party.

When I go to register to vote, I am not required to tell the county clerk what political party I am a member of. Nowhere does the Great State of Texas compelling me to declare a party affiliation just to register.

Some places like New York require you to list your party preference when you just register. And as Donald Trump's kids discovered, you have to officially change that preference in order to vote in another's party primary 6 months before th election.
When you show up at the primary to vote, you are associating yourself with that party. This is what the shooter's registration as a Democrat indicated. The last time he voted in a primary here in Texas, it was the primary for the Democrats.

I am in Texas. I know how this works here.

Old 08-04-2019, 01:45 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,696,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkstar71 View Post
Libs blame the gun. I blame the criminal.
I blame Omar.

Old 08-04-2019, 01:47 PM

8,479 posts, read 10,892,244 times
Looking through most of the post in this thread, it seems it is a blame game.
Everybody is blaming this one, or that one.

Does any one posting here (besides me) have a solution to the gun violence in this country?
If so, then let's hear it.
Enough of the blaming, now let's find a solution.

Bob.

Old 08-04-2019, 01:51 PM

42,307 posts, read 17,654,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkstar71 View Post
Libs blame the gun. I blame the criminal.
Go read a few of these threads.

They blame the President
They blame the parents
They blame the gun
They blame the video games

They blame everything and everyone EXCEPT the shooter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies