Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2019, 06:18 PM

1,447 posts, read 1,179,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
New guns may be able to have some technology advances like can only fire if proper fingerprint is holding the gun. Maybe some electronic jamming could be done in gun free zones.
The whole point of using a gun in self-defense is because you're facing a life-or-death situation. Nobody wants to find that their battery is dead the moment they need it most. My iPhone is pretty good at reading my fingerprints, but only if they're completely dry. I wouldn't want to rely on a gun that won't work in the rain, or when I'm sweating.

A simple gun is a reliable gun. It's unfortunate, but all we can do is rely on current laws (and basic human decency) to prevent as many murders as possible. It will be impossible to do much more.

Old 08-04-2019, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
Gangs dont need to register their guns, we just stop them from getting the guns in the first place.
If we can't stop them from getting guns now, additional legislation is unlikely to work, either.

18,861 posts, read 14,042,622 times
ALL ‘MASS SHOOTINGS’ ARE SUSPECT
They are all orchestrated and presented on the mass media as an argument to disarm the American people.
And yet, is it not true you can kill more ‘innocent’ people with a fuel-air explosive (gasoline left to evaporate)? Why aren’t psychopaths and depraved mass murderers using easily accessible gasoline?
There is no political agenda for denying people gasoline, that’s why.
So you will hear endless references to “assault like” weapons, and photographs of “scary looking” guns and the inference that guns are dangerous, and by denying access to them, the sheeple will be safer. It’s partly true, those who commit crimes will feel far safer with a disarmed populace.
But the real reason is that an armed population fears no government, whereas a disarmed population fears all government. Guess which one is the goal?

4,921 posts, read 7,660,841 times
This shooting is a direct result of the Trump effect. Trump is as guilty in El Paso as the actual shooter.

If Trump keeps up with his racial rhetoric we will continue to see these slaughters of innocent people. Trump has the capacity of firing up disturbed people and pushing them to commit these acts. Be aware that Trump may also fire up an entire white supremacist group who could attack a soft target in numbers.

Old 08-04-2019, 06:22 PM

7,886 posts, read 9,081,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerpyDerp View Post
The whole point of using a gun in self-defense is because you're facing a life-or-death situation. Nobody wants to find that their battery is dead the moment they need it most. My iPhone is pretty good at reading my fingerprints, but only if they're completely dry. I wouldn't want to rely on a gun that won't work in the rain, or when I'm sweating.

A simple gun is a reliable gun. It's unfortunate, but all we can do is rely on current laws (and basic human decency) to prevent as many murders as possible. It will be impossible to do much more.
You are probably right. We need to make a pill that promotes basic human decency and drop it in our water supply lol.

Old 08-04-2019, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
This shooting is a direct result of the Trump effect. Trump is as guilty in El Paso as the actual shooter.
Poppycock. Mass shootings took place during Obama's administration, too. These people didn't just become deranged the minute that Trump took office.

Old 08-04-2019, 06:23 PM

18,861 posts, read 14,042,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
The guy mentions Trump in his manifesto.
And?

If he mentioned PeeWee Herman, would you still go ballistic?
. . .

We're not fooled.
We are beginning to realize "who" benefits from these orchestrated mass shootings.

Old 08-04-2019, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Yes they did. But I didn't hear Obama spewing racist rhetoric that white nationalists took to heart.
And I haven't heard the current president do so, either. His detractors and white supremacists might really, really, really, want to see them as racist, but that doesn't make it so.

Old 08-04-2019, 06:34 PM

1,210 posts, read 878,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I have a black son-in-law, and love him to death. He’s great for my daughter, and I think they have a very strong and loving relationship. She dated some white guys I would have hated to see her marry. I look at people as individuals.
Before the black dude came into her life, were you 100% NEUTRAL as far as what race you'd want her to marry?

Old 08-04-2019, 06:38 PM

1,210 posts, read 878,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
"Good people on both sides", huh?

Sieg Heil.

Yes as a matter fact there were. And there were bad people too, as President Trump mentioned.

Next question?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies