Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2019, 06:48 AM

5,067 posts, read 1,656,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
You missed a key word there, Scarabchuck -- white.

It's "white" nationalism.

racist.

Old 08-05-2019, 06:49 AM

29,179 posts, read 14,455,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
You missed a key word there, Scarabchuck -- white.

Our nation was built by folks of all colors. Blacks certainly put their backs into it. Chinese folks built the transcontinental railroad. Etc.

It's not the nationalism that's behind many of these massacres. It's "white" nationalism.

Sorry, those that commit murders over color are not nationalists...they are racists and are committing hate crimes. Call them what they are, domestic terrorists.

Old 08-05-2019, 06:52 AM

7,447 posts, read 2,822,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Sorry, those that commit murders over color are not nationalists...they are racists and are committing hate crimes. Call them what they are, domestic terrorists.
Nope they are racists AND white nationalists. Not only is it is possible to be both, it is highly likely with an almost 1:1 correlation.

You can save the gaslighting conflation of the terms "white nationalist" and "nationalist" for the people too dumb to know the difference.

Old 08-05-2019, 06:52 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,063,487 times
There's a real good meme that I have seen once or twice in one of my feeds:

ONLY A FIRST WORLD NATION WOULD FIGHT FOR LESS RIGHTS

Can assure you that plenty of oppressed people around the globe would literally die for the right to overtake their oppressors - to have some weaponry at their disposal.

And to the people say that America will never have that problem: please. The government already sanctions (to this day) discrimination of people based on the color of their skin. And they have a nefarious track record that goes back to the beginning.

Old 08-05-2019, 06:53 AM

3,046 posts, read 2,377,915 times
Thoughts and prayers, thoughts and prayers!!!!!

Old 08-05-2019, 06:54 AM

2,802 posts, read 3,847,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
Prayer has power. It is wise to pray for this nation, especially when it is in the condition it is in. Obviously kids lack of prayer in school did not cause this shooter to do what he did. That was caused by sin in our world. Can prayer prevent this kind of violence? Absolutely!
Do you really believe this? Can you possibly believe this? I think it is the most hateful and smug thing to suggest that other people's behavior that you find objectionable - sin - is responsible for all the evil in the world. When children die at the hands of a terrorist, well it's our sins that caused it. When terrible things happen to good people? Sin. What about all the sinful, wicked people who prosper? What keeps them shielded from God's wrath?

I can't believe someone can take an ancient allegory and blame everything bad in the world on other people offending God. Some Christians might say that Jesus washed away original sin with his death and that the notion of sin and punishment on Earth for "wickedness" is not compatible with a loving, forgiving God. Any god who punishes the innocent for other peoples' sins is truly a monstrous deity.

Old 08-05-2019, 06:55 AM

3,100 posts, read 3,294,748 times
Do you know how much violence has been caused in the name of God?

Old 08-05-2019, 06:56 AM

51,617 posts, read 25,673,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
Nope they are racists AND white nationalists. Not only is it is possible to be both, it is highly likely with an almost 1:1 correlation.

You can save the gaslighting conflation of the terms "white nationalist" and "nationalist" for the people too dumb to know the difference.
Bingo.

Old 08-05-2019, 06:56 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,066,712 times
It is very disturbing that political appointees cannot separate their faith and politics.

Obviously I'm not expecting people to suspend their religious beliefs while in office, but an elected Lt Gov should NOT be projecting his own religion onto the people in his state, especially with a statement as idiotic as the one he made.

Old 08-05-2019, 06:57 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,923,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Having faith gives many peace and hope even joy. Kids in school pray while chewing gum/ winking at the boy, Writing notes, picking their nose, or looking to see if Dixie’s breast are bigger than Mary’s since last year. They repeat it with out much thought. I know, I was writing the notes. The 16/25 group is at the age when kids want to belong and be liked. Pray they do, pass an exam, get accepted into college etc. Prayer in school will not stop the violence. Maybe teaching kids to get along better with all might
I was raised Catholic and was in Catholic schools for all my life. We prayed every day....we had religion class every day and you are spot on -- it becomes routine -- not thoughtful. We didn't stop as young kids, teens and think - -oh my in prayers today we talked about making the right decision -- we just acted like all the other kids who didn't have prayer in the school -- lol.

Also -- I can't speak for all school systems -- but every school my kids have been in here in the USA has had a moment of silence. I assume the parents that are concerned would coach their kids to use that time to 'pray'...

The young man that killed the OLE Miss student was raised in a Christian home. I assume that means there were prayers.....it just isn't that simple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies