Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2019, 09:05 AM

19,804 posts, read 9,362,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelva View Post
"I have to wonder what our founding fathers would say on the issue if they knew all that has happened since they put their ideas on paper and signed centuries ago...."

Here's a start on your wonderings......

OUR CONSTITUTION WAS MADE ONLY FOR A MORAL AND RELIGIOUS PEOPLE.

-President John Adams
I was interested in that quote, so I did some research and found the following"

https://www.beliefnet.com/resourceli...Brigade_1.html

The most relevant parts to our present time are, I think, the following from the above (quote, my italics):

"But should the people of America once become capable of that deep simulation towards one another, and towards foreign nations, which assumes the language of justice and moderation while it is practicing iniquity and extravagance . . . the most captivating manner the charming pictures of candor, frankness, and sincerity, while it is rioting in rapine and insolence, this country will be the most miserable habitation in the world because we have no government [snip] capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion."

Old 08-05-2019, 09:17 AM

7,473 posts, read 4,016,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
I truly hope he gets the death penalty.
I can't understand why the cops let him "surrender"

Old 08-05-2019, 09:22 AM

19,804 posts, read 9,362,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
I gotta say, you people who are afraid to read the rantings of some nut, because it's SO BAD........wow. Do you have so little faith in your own abilities, strength and ideas, that you're worried that reading this crap is going to somehow sweep you away??? My word.
No -- at least not in my case. If I read it, based on what I have read about it, I think that I would feel compelled to write my opinions about it, and I don't want to give the murderer any more exposure to his ideas.

Old 08-05-2019, 09:25 AM

57,285 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
He condemns hate each and every day. He works to help those in inner cities to improve their living conditions and employment status. He, along with his cabinet members, works to stop and prevent child trafficking, pedophilia.

He condemns hate by speaking out against groups like ANTIFA and by not allowing leftist politicians to insult his supporters without speaking against it.

His actions condemn hate. It's just that the leftist anti Trumpers want their version of "condemning hatred" which is actually promoting it.
He comes up with some hateful rhetoric everyday and has a rich history of racism. Spare us his concern over black employment, he doesn't care about inner cities and increased black employment numbers is due to the economy not some specific effort by Trump.

Old 08-05-2019, 09:26 AM

628 posts, read 663,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verifiedcheckmark View Post
I'm reading the manifesto now. He is sick. First off Americans invaded Texas, and invaded Hispanic spaces first via manifest destiny. This guy does not know a whole alot of history.
You do realize practically no one lived in Texas before whites, right? It was a barren wasteland. Christian whites, the undisputed best nation builders, carved civilization out of that barren wasteland. Now, Mexicans are just piggy backing on the work of Christian whites. Why are these Mexicans deserting their homeland to leech of someone else ok to you?

Old 08-05-2019, 09:28 AM

732 posts, read 390,877 times
Read it? Well, why yes.

I've had an interest for years in trying to understand (and hopefully, predict) the new political fault lines in the US and the West generally. You can definitely see the sides forming up and the people on the margin are a good way to attempt to codify it all.

Hint: Economics (and any sort of capitalism vs. communism or East vs. West or something else that rhymes) is not the central issue anymore. People that argue about this on web forums are typically older and coasting on inertia.

It's really going to matter in the wake of a financial collapse or resource depletion due to overpopulation. In any case, people seem to form up sides on a cyclical basis.

Old 08-05-2019, 09:31 AM

62,952 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by montydean View Post
Killing innocents isn’t my thing but he was right, whites are being replaced in their own country. Usually when the demographics shift this abruptly it’s called an invasion. Here, the media calls it “diversity.”
Too much cultural diversity isn't a good thing especially if much of it is via illegal immigration. It just causes clash, resentment and alienation. I wouldn't be surprised to see more of this happening in the future. I'd rather see us address illegal immigration and the other things that are triggering these lunatics so that they won't act out their frustrations in violence.

The public needs to stop ignoring the signals that are right before them when these loonies post violent things and their actions denoting the same thing and report them to the authorities. I think though in the eyes of the law when these things are reported they can do nothing unless the violent act is first carried out. The latter is what really needs changing.

Old 08-05-2019, 09:35 AM

7,520 posts, read 2,809,067 times
I read it. I was surprised at the level of intelligence he has, rather than the knuckle dragging rednecks everyone thinks white supremacists to be. His hate for everything is evident but his paradoxical views are strange when it comes to government's role in people's lives. That said, unless he is proven to be mentally ill he will have an appointment in the death chamber.

Old 08-05-2019, 09:38 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
Blasphemy isn't God's fault. Don't blame it on Him.
One cannot invoke god's name only to give it credit for all the good things without also giving the same god credit for all the bad things.

Consider this verse in the Christian bible:

Isaiah 45:7 King James Version (KJV)
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

Old 08-05-2019, 09:43 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,249,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
He comes up with some hateful rhetoric everyday and has a rich history of racism. Spare us his concern over black employment, he doesn't care about inner cities and increased black employment numbers is due to the economy not some specific effort by Trump.
Examples?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies