U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old Today, 01:26 PM
 
Location: Austin
29,582 posts, read 16,560,082 times
Reputation: 8108

Advertisements

In a decade or two we will all look back and laugh at how the Big Government Socialists used the AGW hoax to expand their power while convincing the masses that it was all about the climate. Meanwhile, we know that it has nothing to do with climate and protecting the earth.
---------------------
The “science is settled” liberal media don’t want people to know there are scientists, even award-winning ones, who dispute the idea of catastrophic global warming.

Because outlets ignore and censor such scientists, curious individuals must turn to other sources such as English journalist James Delingpole’s columns or podcast, the Delingpod. On the July 25 podcast, he interviewed award-winning, former National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) scientist Dr. Rex Fleming about his conversion from global warming alarmism to skepticism.

“Eventually I just read enough to realize it’s a totally wrong direction,” he said. “And so, in the past ten years, I’d say, I’ve been on the other side.” His shifting views made it far more difficult to be published though.

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/bu...xEl_QZsFLHYBU4
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old Today, 01:32 PM
 
10,949 posts, read 4,080,935 times
Reputation: 5296
The term "settled science" is at odds with the very essence of what science really is.

Skepticism and debate are not contrary to science. In fact they are the central essence of science.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 01:34 PM
 
9,198 posts, read 2,826,559 times
Reputation: 5571
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
In a decade or two we will all look back and laugh at how the Big Government Socialists used the AGW hoax to expand their power while convincing the masses that it was all about the climate. Meanwhile, we know that it has nothing to do with climate and protecting the earth.
---------------------
The “science is settled” liberal media don’t want people to know there are scientists, even award-winning ones, who dispute the idea of catastrophic global warming.

Because outlets ignore and censor such scientists, curious individuals must turn to other sources such as English journalist James Delingpole’s columns or podcast, the Delingpod. On the July 25 podcast, he interviewed award-winning, former National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) scientist Dr. Rex Fleming about his conversion from global warming alarmism to skepticism.

“Eventually I just read enough to realize it’s a totally wrong direction,” he said. “And so, in the past ten years, I’d say, I’ve been on the other side.” His shifting views made it far more difficult to be published though.

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/bu...xEl_QZsFLHYBU4
The vast majority of climate scientists agree there is climate change. There's always going to be an outliar here and there. Doesn't negate the facts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 01:34 PM
 
Location: Austin
29,582 posts, read 16,560,082 times
Reputation: 8108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
The term "settled science" is at odds with the very essence of what science really is.

Skepticism and debate are not contrary to science. In fact they are the central essence of science.

Yes, but tell that to Obama and Gore. They keep preaching that the science is settled.


People that claim "the science is settled" do so because they don't want to debate the facts. Their position is weak.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 01:36 PM
 
Location: Austin
29,582 posts, read 16,560,082 times
Reputation: 8108
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
The vast majority of climate scientists agree there is climate change. There's always going to be an outliar here and there. Doesn't negate the facts.
I would say that 100% of all scientists agree that there is climate change.


In fact, I have never met anybody who denies climate change.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 01:38 PM
 
10,949 posts, read 4,080,935 times
Reputation: 5296
The Earth's climate has been changing since the Earth was first formed, and will continue to change until it is ultimately destroyed.

The only people who even come close to denying that the Earth's climate is changing are the AGW alarmists, who appear to believe that a static climate is somehow normal, achievable and sustainable.

It isn’t.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 04:50 PM
 
9,680 posts, read 2,378,870 times
Reputation: 4805
This Rex Fleming has a Linked-In page, the CV doesn't mention the NOAA at all.

Nothing there from his degree in 1970 to when he started his own company. Curious.

He has another page with a cv, which indicates that he left the NOAA in 1986. That was 33 years ago, when we were still trying to gather data on the phenomena.

Last edited by Hesychios; Today at 05:01 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 05:09 PM
 
19,489 posts, read 17,568,986 times
Reputation: 10661
We had a local television news channel interviewing a local citizen who graduated with a degree in meteorology. He talked about the heat wave and global warming. He works in DC at a company that records climate data for the government.
Somehow I think that had he said he was a skeptic or even had an open mind about its being real and what could be done to stop it he wouldn't have a job.
" If there's a steady paycheck in it, I'll believe anything you say." Winston Zeddermore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 05:19 PM
 
3,080 posts, read 889,850 times
Reputation: 1841
.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
CEI Files Formal Complaint Regarding NASA's Claim of 97% Climate Scientist Agreement on Global Warming

“The claim that 97% of climate scientists believe humans are the primary cause of global warming is simply false,” said CEI attorney Devin Watkins. “That figure was created only by ignoring many climate scientists’ views, including those of undecided scientists. It is time that NASA correct the record and present unbiased figures to the public.”

https://cei.org/content/cei-files-fo...reement-global

==============

Information Quality Act Correction Request Regarding NASA’s Claim that 97 Percent
of Scientists Agree on Anthropogenic Global Warming

We ask NASA to determine that the claim that “[n]inety-seven percent of climate scientists agree
that climate-warming trends over the past century are extremely likely due to human activities”
violates the IQA. As is shown below, that claim is not objective; it is neither accurate nor
reliable nor unbiased. This claim appears on the NASA web page titled “Climate Change: How
Do We Know?” among others.2


https://cei.org/sites/default/files/...cent_Final.pdf

===============

Improving Implementation of the Information Quality Act

https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-conten...04/M-19-15.pdf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 05:23 PM
 
19,514 posts, read 12,340,809 times
Reputation: 10739
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
In a decade or two we will all look back and laugh at how the Big Government Socialists used the AGW hoax to expand their power while convincing the masses that it was all about the climate. Meanwhile, we know that it has nothing to do with climate and protecting the earth.
---------------------
The “science is settled” liberal media don’t want people to know there are scientists, even award-winning ones, who dispute the idea of catastrophic global warming.

Because outlets ignore and censor such scientists, curious individuals must turn to other sources such as English journalist James Delingpole’s columns or podcast, the Delingpod. On the July 25 podcast, he interviewed award-winning, former National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) scientist Dr. Rex Fleming about his conversion from global warming alarmism to skepticism.

“Eventually I just read enough to realize it’s a totally wrong direction,” he said. “And so, in the past ten years, I’d say, I’ve been on the other side.” His shifting views made it far more difficult to be published though.

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/bu...xEl_QZsFLHYBU4
EVERYONE will look back 100 years from now and find it hard to believe that people were so gullible, just as we look back in disbelief at those who believed in witchcraft.


A cursory look at the physics of the IR absorption spectrum of CO2 vs water, atmospheric saturation levels at different heights above ground level, the buffering action of the oceans, and the historic record of CO2 vs temperature would compel anyone with an ounce of sense that AGW is a hoax.


The problem is that AGW is perpetuated by politicians and journalists to a group of people who don't understand science at all, yet have convinced them that they are geniuses in physics for swallowing the hoax. These are the same people who believe in ghosts, space aliens, astrology, and luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top