U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old Today, 03:58 AM

2,885 posts, read 1,427,990 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
So how has it been painful for you?

Last few years have been great for me.
Haha! Even if it was great for them, they would still say itís painful!

Old Today, 04:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post
It's better to look at the aggregate effects (good and bad) rather than anecdotes. So rather than steering this into having mkpunk provide anecdotes, let's move this into something more meaningful like the aggregate trends and general impact on people.
Actually I like hearing from someone on a more personal level. It has more meaning than someone throwing out general terms.

Old Today, 04:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
The point of how I have been hurting. I'm not, but the last few years haven't been exactly "great" either. I work as a paraprofessional in education. I was part of #RedForEd (though I couldn't afford to do the protests and that during the Arizona walkout and vote along with Arizona Educators United because the gubernatorial candidate was a turkey and couldn't defend himself or get his message out.) For my troubles I got a 5% raise in 2018-9 and a 3% raise in 2019-20. In 2020 however, Arizona minimum wage bumps up to $12. I will then work a job barely over minimum wage. Now this isn't a Trump issue, but it is a general economic issue...
That said, what is Trump related is the tax cuts. The tax cuts I've long been critical on because I didn't see much change in 2018. In 2018, I have several times talked about an HR e-mail about changes in the federal deduction tables and expect to see it in the next paystub. My paystub came back $9 extra. $9, that's extra 6-pack of Sam Adams or an import beer or 12-case of domestic cans. In the end that equals, about $175.5 extra a year and with the extra tax money I got, it was about another $20. That said, gas was a bit off and on in 2018 so that equated to some gas monies...

So the verdict is I'm not hurting, but I'm not thriving under Trump. I'm getting through and making my own way. I'm not winning through the Trump economy but I'm not losing because of it. I am looking to make a career change in 2020.

The problem is still people will cherry pick and find stats in their favor. A post below your's shows that the tax cuts didn't change much growth versus that of Quantitative Easing (QE.) I think that is rather telling if Trump's tax cuts were effective or not.

I think those you are saying it to will not read it if not dismiss it altogether.
Now see! I appreciate this post. We all need to see things from different perspectives. Hope you’re able to get a better career path soon Mkpunk!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies