U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Beto O'Rourke: Trump's 'racism' leads to violence like El Paso mass shooting
Yes 80 32.65%
No 158 64.49%
Other 7 2.86%
Voters: 245. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old Yesterday, 07:32 PM
 
2,310 posts, read 669,923 times
Reputation: 1955

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post

What did Trump say about immigrants coming from Mexico again? The shooter expressed support for Trump and his policies whether you'll care to admit that or not:
The first item you're omitting, for whatever unexplained reason, is that Trump has always made a distinction between legal immigrants who apply for entry via due process and established protocol on the one hand, and rank illegal aliens who illicitly cross the border on the other. The latter make their first act on U.S. soil a criminal one, and that is often not the last criminal act they will inflict on American society, as you are no doubt well aware. The second part you're leaving out, also for reasons you have yet to adequately explain, is that this Gen-Z geebo was a flaming sniveling leftist on economic issues, with some peculiar racial views that he himself specifically did not attribute to Trump, but which he said he acquired and held independently. If one reads his "manifesto," one must conclude that he is a drooling Antifa knuckle-dragger who, for some reason, also hates Mexicans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0

Crusius’ social media accounts were all taken down relatively quickly but not before some were able to detect that he liked a lot of alt-right content. He liked tweets that had the #BuildtheWall hashtag as well as “a photo using guns to spell out ‘Trump,’ and posts from Paul Joseph Watson, a far-right Youtuber who works with Alex Jones at InfoWars,” notes the Southern Poverty Law Center.
There's your third grievous error...buying into any old steaming pile of crap offered by the Southern Poverty Law Center, which is little more than a commercial extortion and sexual harassment outfit with a fax machine and an e-mail account. While I don't have much use for InfoWars per se, Paul Joseph Watson does offer some pithy socio-political commentary, some of it not exactly politically correct, but which is generally quite entertaining nonetheless.

It's clear that you may be intellectually ill-equipped to analyze these issues. You may want to back away from this discussion before you incur any further self-induced humiliation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old Yesterday, 08:09 PM
 
Location: St Paul
7,521 posts, read 3,554,854 times
Reputation: 4753
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIMMACKEY View Post
If he knows, then why would he request that a natural born citizen go back to theur country.

I think you give him too much credit for being intelligent whilst at the same time giving credence to the fact you know he speaks to a racist base of voters and you probably dont know it. But then maybe you do

Either way my points stand.
Simple. He didn't. Find a new news source.

Trump has done more for minorities in 3 years than Obama did in 8 years. End of discussion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 08:23 PM
 
8,355 posts, read 2,484,851 times
Reputation: 5810
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
LOL! You have nothing to back up what you say. You rant about how he is a "racist" but can't even come up with a specific example to back up what you're saying.
You're legitimizing their perspective. The proper response is , "Take your racism, and shove it up your ***!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 08:28 PM
 
8,355 posts, read 2,484,851 times
Reputation: 5810
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Well, yeah, of course. It's the Left's crazed attack on Americans and the Left's suppression of dissent that makes people like this feel so desperate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 08:47 PM
 
128 posts, read 30,321 times
Reputation: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
You are absolutely, 100% wrong. The Trump Presidency has spawned these kinds of events, and has brought the nut cases to the surface. His poisonous attacks on immigrants, foreigners, and everyone else he doesn't like has caused untold hatred in this country.


I had a customer today who is German, and he has been living here for years. He is going back home to live because he sees the direction America is taking and he feels it is too dangerous here now to raise his family in America. He was encouraged to see that I was not one of the people who hate immigrants and foreign visitors.


He and I agreed that we have both seen this exact scenario before..........1933 in his country.

This...Steven Miller...that 3rd grade glue eating loner that wouldn't participate in student activities is now Trumps main man in fomenting racial division, hate, and white nationalism in America...the modern day Joseph Goebbels himself. Very worried for the future of American society.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 09:21 PM
 
Location: California
30,784 posts, read 33,625,457 times
Reputation: 26246
People who know nothing about history or politics but toss out "germany 1933" and Joseph Goebbels cause me second hand embarrassment for them. All because someone lost an election.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 10:04 PM
 
128 posts, read 30,321 times
Reputation: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
People who know nothing about history or politics but toss out "germany 1933" and Joseph Goebbels cause me second hand embarrassment for them. All because someone lost an election.

Nope...just very concerned for the future of American society.



Just wondering...How did Hitler get the masses to go along with his White Nationalism, racism, and hate before he started killing Jews?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 10:46 PM
 
3,079 posts, read 657,592 times
Reputation: 1972
Quote:
Originally Posted by chacho_keva View Post
And as "The Divider In Chief" He duly deserves to be vilified!

Consider this:
Dayton Ohio Victims aside (May they RIP), 22 persons in El Paso Texas are confirmed dead. The Suspect Shooter's/Killer/Murderer/Racist/White Nationalist's sole reason for executing 22 persons was the Victims' race.

In 2016, President Trump labeled Illegal Immigrants (specifically those of Hispanic descent, and even more specifically those of Mexican descent) as rapists, drug traffickers . . . what else?

I myself abhor illegal immigration. However, unlike those Our President has surely come across, my experience has been rather different. Those Illegals I've met are skilled and hard working. I cannot ascribe the term "Law Abiding" simply because they came across the border illegally. Again, I am not willing to excuse illegal immigration. But, those illegals I've encountered were not rapists nor drug traffickers. They were descent persons trying to make a better life for themselves and their loved ones. But yes, they broke our Immigration Laws.

The questions needs to be asked:

Of the 22 shot and killed, how many were rapists? How many were drug traffickers? How many were illegals? How many were average US Citizens of Hispanic descent at a mall, simply going about their business, purchasing goods for their families, expecting to arrive home at the end of their Saturday afternoon, just like any of us would? Some of them were gunned down for no other reason that for the fact that they were Hispanic/Latino.

Let's discuss this, not with the intention of winning the argument, but with the intention of solving the problem.
My god, what a stupid question. It assumes that Trump is the cause of the shooting. That's why it's a stupid question.

Can progressives get anymore dishonest?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 05:40 AM
 
Location: Russia
174 posts, read 21,257 times
Reputation: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
It is beyond ridiculous that some of you are calling Obama racist.
ridiculous or not, he was a racist divider and a great gun salesman.




Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
My god, what a stupid question. It assumes that Trump is the cause of the shooting. That's why it's a stupid question.

Can progressives get anymore dishonest?



Unlikely as they are dishonest by definition.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 09:31 AM
 
Location: 15 months till retirement and I can leave the hell hole of New Yakistan
25,395 posts, read 14,129,751 times
Reputation: 6551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman99 View Post
Nope...just very concerned for the future of American society.



Just wondering...How did Hitler get the masses to go along with his White Nationalism, racism, and hate before he started killing Jews?
hitler was a leftist, he was the candidate of "Hope and change" in war torn depressed germany
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top