U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 11:12 AM

797 posts, read 280,498 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Several of those are just symptoms of being an introvert (lacking friends, reclusive, not openly talking about feelings).
I'm an introvert but I'm not a mass killer. So I get that, but there a huge difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 11:13 AM

19,122 posts, read 7,442,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Several of those are just symptoms of being an introvert (lacking friends, reclusive, not openly talking about feelings).
Not when too many of the list exist

Old Today, 11:14 AM

25,025 posts, read 9,764,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy-Cat-Lady View Post
I'm an introvert but I'm not a mass killer. So I get that, but there a huge difference.
And only you can decide.

Old Today, 11:15 AM

5,289 posts, read 3,673,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Before this incident what did Walmart boy do to earn being forcibly institutionalized?
A classmate said he picked his nose and ate scabs. That should get him interviewed.

Old Today, 11:15 AM

480 posts, read 85,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Great idea, all one needs to do is time travel once they realize that despite all efforts to the contrary, little Billy is a bad egg.
If you have failed as a parent, or if your spawn is genetically broken, then it should be your top responsibility to protect society from the monster. It’s your fault they exist.

Spend every last penny you have on mental help, monitor and report all suspicious behavior, etc. Furthermore the government should incarcerate these “bad eggs” in their parents homes, with ankle bracelets.

Parents of “bad eggs” should have a percentage of all wages garnished and put in a trust that wii continue supporting the “bad eggs” after the parents have passed.

The solution for people who cannot handle these consequences of being horrible parents is easy, just don’t have kids.

Don’t bring some monster into the world and make it my problem. It is your problem until death.

Old Today, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Agree and repped
Go ahead and round them up. Have them wear a yellow star for future reference.

11,172 posts, read 4,917,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
Yes, I agree there are a lot of people who should be locked up simply because they are a danger to others.
Who gets to make that arbitrary call? (Which it would be if no crime was already committed)

You?

No. Whoever is in power would.

Remember, the same unchecked power you're clamouring for could also be used against you.

I don't think people in this thread are grasping that.

77 posts, read 8,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
I am talking the type that used to commonly house thousands.

If people like the Wal Mart killer were in one, 20 innocent people would be alive.

There are people that cannot safely walk amongst civilized society.

These hospitals provided a useful option for society to maintain safety for the civilized.
Yals Ronald Reagan dedunded mental health in the 1980s. 30 years after, mass shootings went up. Men are loosing it.

Old Today, 11:17 AM

19,122 posts, read 7,442,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post

The solution for people who cannot handle these consequences of being horrible parents is easy, just don’t have kids.

Don’t bring some monster into the world and make it my problem. It is your problem until death.
agreed

Old Today, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
If you have failed as a parent, or if your spawn is genetically broken, then it should be your top responsibility to protect society from the monster. It’s your fault they exist.

Spend every last penny you have on mental help, monitor and report all suspicious behavior, etc. Furthermore the government should incarcerate these “bad eggs” in their parents homes, with ankle bracelets.

Parents of “bad eggs” should have a percentage of all wages garnished and put in a trust that wii continue supporting the “bad eggs” after the parents have passed.

What about the good things?

I make more money in a year than my mom (still living) made in her lifetime. Does she get a forced cut?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or