U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2019, 08:24 AM

46,400 posts, read 34,287,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Quotes like this is exactly why I believe these are all planned attacks by the deep state to manipulate people like you into turning in your defense. And when the guns are finally gone and the deep state unfurls their true plans of a dictatorship, don't say I didn't warn you!
Conspiracy theories begin before the bodies have been cleared.

Guess some people find it easier to buy into the “deep state” thing as opposed to each mass shooting inspires the next. Most of these shooters engage with no expectation of surviving. They either shoot themselves or are taken out by LE. Suicides often happen in local clusters- a suicide inspires another.

Every mass shooting inspires another, regardless of geography.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2019, 08:24 AM

19,120 posts, read 9,725,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
Yeah the gun nuts motto changed from “good guy with a gun” to “I only use my gun to defend me” all of a sudden. So the good guy with a gun was all BS.
It’s not a BS when the bad guy is trying to hurt me or my family.

Since you don’t care about protecting yourself and your family, why should I care?

Old 08-04-2019, 08:26 AM

29,955 posts, read 15,614,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
Yeah the gun nuts motto changed from “good guy with a gun” to “I only use my gun to defend me” all of a sudden. So the good guy with a gun was all BS.
Almost all mass shootings are stopped when a good guy with a gun arrives on scene. Usually, it's the police.

I carry to protect myself. If a maniac with a gun approaches my family in a restaurant, I'll be a good guy with a gun trying to stop him from shooting my family. I'm not carrying to have a gun fight, I'm carrying for self protection.

Old 08-04-2019, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
It’s not a BS when the bad guy is trying to hurt me or my family.

Since you don’t care about protecting yourself and your family, why should I care?
He may believe he can talk the bad guy out of pulling the trigger.

I just can't believe people think that if a person is walking through a restaurant executing diners that they would be safer without a weapon.

Old 08-04-2019, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
when are liberals gonna stop beating around the bush with "new" gun laws and call for restrictions on who can own weapons? Many of them would agree that's what's needed. Have a need for a weapon? Prove it, submit paperwork to the government and become licensed. No credible need for guns? You can't have one.

how's that? Can the DNC get behind that?
That’s the way it works in some countries.

Then again, the constitutions of most countries do not grant the right to own/ bear arms.

Old 08-04-2019, 08:32 AM

2,962 posts, read 2,052,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
So you don’t care about protecting yourself and your family but expect others to risk their lives to protect you????
No that's not what I was talking about. My point was that what you said refutes the positive benefit espoused by people like you and Pedro Martinez who think it is a good idea for everyone to carry weapons in public everywhere, which introduces a completely different dynamic to innocent bystanders than people protecting themselves in their own home. They say that the good guys will protect people in a crowd against the bad guy with a gun. But then you just said that you wouldn't protect others because you claimed no one (other "good guys with guns?") would protect you. So it's every animal for itself. Which blows away the chivalrous knight coming to save the unarmed masses with their firepower against sicko idiots in situations like Dayton and El Paso, and many others.

Also, your statement said that if you're carrying you wouldn't care about people who aren't carrying because you're insinuating that if they aren't packing heat to go get a bagel that they're being irresponsible. Does this also go for the kid who is walking home from the bus stop, or the 95 year old Grandma too, or the guy with a hot temper? They're being irresponsible because they don't have an AK 47 strapped to them. Hmmm...What could go wrong with that?

Last edited by Jowel; 08-04-2019 at 08:47 AM..

Old 08-04-2019, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Then again, the constitutions of most countries do not grant the right to own/ bear arms.
Yes, many countries believe their citizens should not have tge right to resist government aggression.

Our founders experienced that first hand, and as a result, made us the guarantee we could.

Old 08-04-2019, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowel View Post
No, the argument people who think it is a good idea for everyone to carry weapons in public everywhere they go is that the good guys will protect people in a crowd against the bad guy with a gun. And you just said that you wouldn't protect others because you knew no one would protect you. Also, your statement said that if you're carrying you wouldn't care about people who aren't carrying because you're insinuating that if they aren't packing heat to go get a bagel that they're being irresponsible. Does this go for the kid who is walking home from the bus stop too? What could go wrong?
It's a good idea for people to have the choice.

Old 08-04-2019, 08:34 AM

1,411 posts, read 302,075 times
Everyone should have CCW to protect themselves these days. Go through a proper training course and read up on self defense laws in your state. Firearms are not going to banned so you are going to continue having these lunatics running around in society looking to do harm to innocent people. It takes law enforcement about 10 minutes or average to respond. Obviously tons of damage can be done in that time and you are a sitting duck without one. At least you have a fighting chance if you have a CCW. Protect yourself as much as possible in these crazy times.

Old 08-04-2019, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
I guess we'll be expanding TSA screening to all 62,000 bars throughout the US!
Bars don’t typically scan/ search patrons, upon entry. Not all people comply with laws.

This shooting happened in the street.

The shooter was neutralized within a minute by LE.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or