U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2019, 08:36 PM

9,853 posts, read 3,204,204 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Wish the Republicans would come out from under that rock they are hiding under. We need meaningful gun legislation NOW. Trump has responsibility in all of this also. He is constantly throwing red meat to these nut jobs who hang on every word this lying president says.
Saying we need to secure our border is is “white nationalism” to you libs

And why should we join libs in trying to infringe on people’s eighst ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2019, 08:37 PM

37,262 posts, read 16,528,014 times
Quote:
Wish the Republicans would come out from under that rock they are hiding under. We need meaningful gun legislation NOW. Trump has responsibility in all of this also. He is constantly throwing red meat to these nut jobs who hang on every word this lying president says.
Describe this so-called "red meat".

Old 08-04-2019, 08:40 PM

11,520 posts, read 2,848,208 times
Quote:
We have plenty of gun laws. If they aren't enforced then why bother? Taking guns away from law abiding citizens leaves them defenseless when confronted by criminals, who (wait for it...) don't obey the law!

Wish Demwits would come out from under that rock they are hiding under. Maybe they are hiding because they don't want to be shot by criminals.

Old 08-04-2019, 08:41 PM

17,797 posts, read 11,304,779 times
Quote:

They will never do it, they want that NRA money and support too much. Obama tried to get some legislation passed, and they thwarted his every attempt.

The only thing that would sway their decision is if one of these nut jobs bursts into the Senate and starts showering the place with lead. Maybe not even then would they choose to do the right thing.

This is how a caring, sensible President deals with these horrific acts of violence we are seeing almost every day here in America:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijFPMrptrwE

Old 08-04-2019, 08:42 PM

31,314 posts, read 13,780,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
In the El Paso and several other active shooter incidents, there were people trained and licensed with a concealed weapon. None of them discharged a weapon.

I don't believe in the implicit promise that the good guys would protect the unarmed. I only believe that the majority of the concealed weapon armed individuals would act to protect themselves (and family) which is apparent in the case of El Paso.

The fact that would one use it to protect their own family and themselves pretty much means that there is a personal benefit to being a licensed concealed weapon owner... your sentence counters itself... there is a benefit to carrying a weapon.. personal protection.
The NRA sold this idea to the American public “The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is with a good guy with a gun.” It is becoming apparent that comment is not true, and is just an excuse for people to be armed anywhere and anytime they want. I have no problem with guns, or with people carrying them safely in places where they are unlikely to cause harm to others through accidental discharge, but hell if these good guys aren't really going to take out the bad guy, then I think we need to rethink the idea of allowing weapons in places like churches, shopping centers, concerts and theaters.

Old 08-04-2019, 08:43 PM

9,853 posts, read 3,204,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
They will never do it, they want that NRA money and support too much. Obama tried to get some legislation passed, and they thwarted his every attempt.

The only thing that would sway their decision is if one of these nut jobs bursts into the Senate and starts showering the place with lead. Maybe not even then would they choose to do the right thing.

This is how a caring, sensible President deals with these horrific acts of violence we are seeing almost every day here in America:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijFPMrptrwE
Obama, the guy who lost a record amount of seats under his watch and his appointed successor lost, and his desire to infringe on the rights of law abiding citizens is one of the reasons for that

Old 08-04-2019, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
We have plenty of gun laws. If they aren't enforced then why bother? Taking guns away from law abiding citizens leaves them defenseless when confronted by criminals, who (wait for it...) don't obey the law!

Wish Demwits would come out from under that rock they are hiding under. Maybe they are hiding because they don't want to be shot by criminals.
I really have to ask you, PP. Do you need and support average citizens being able to possess automatic weapons that have NO purpose, other than to kill as many people as possible in as short a period of time as possible ?

Pistols, rifles, and shotguns I am fine with. Assault weapons I am not. If I can't protect myself with one of those weapons, I have no business shooting anything.

Old 08-04-2019, 08:47 PM

35,578 posts, read 32,389,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Not disagreeing with you.
Take away the gun and use a bomb?

Does a civilian need that fire power? Why do cops need tanks? Why does the IRS need their own SWAT team? Why do we need so many federal police agencies? Why does the Dept of Homeland Security need millions of rounds of ammunition? I don't know either.

The cops claim 24 seconds? Only by pure luck...

The sick bastard killed his own sister. I am 100% certain this wasn't about politics.

I love to shoot, but live where I am not allowed to shoot any more. I have gotten over it. Some will argue that it was my choice and they are correct. That said, when is enough, enough?

How many mass shootings will it take? What gets me, is that almost always after the fact we hear about the neighbor who just knew something wasn't right. The friends on face book claiming he was always ranting. But, no one ever reports it until after the fact.

On another thread some on the left wanted to know why concealed carry folks didn't rush to engage the El Paso shooter? Some called them cowards. LOL I wouldn't either. My family is my concern. That said, why aren't the friends of the scumbag shooters speaking up? Making the call to the police?

We can ban assault rifles, next will be shot guns and semi-automatic pistols. Then we can ban revolvers and pump action rifles. Then we will say only single shot fire arms. What won't change is whackos finding ways to slaughter innocent people.

Yesterday I felt embarrassed for my country. The first time ever. Not because of Trump. Not because of the whole herd of losers on the democrat ticket. The exception being Tulsi Gabbard.

I felt embarrassed because, in just a matter of a hours 29 people died needlessly and our elected Reps made it a political dog fight.

Ban the assault style weapons. Trust me my fellow shooters you will survive. With that crack down on shrinks not reporting dangerous patients.

How many states banned Bath salts? We survived. Im 100% sure that less people died from bath salts.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bath_salts_(drug)
So I can keep my semi auto Remington truck gun but not my AR in the same caliber? There is zero logic with this. One gun is scary to the left, the other isn't but rate of fire and everything else is the same. This is the reason we are at a stalemate, mate.

It's also still a fact that you have about the same chance of dying in a mass shooting as getting killed by a shark.

Old 08-04-2019, 08:48 PM

35,578 posts, read 32,389,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
The NRA sold this idea to the American public “The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is with a good guy with a gun.” It is becoming apparent that comment is not true, and is just an excuse for people to be armed anywhere and anytime they want. I have no problem with guns, or with people carrying them safely in places where they are unlikely to cause harm to others through accidental discharge, but hell if these good guys aren't really going to take out the bad guy, then I think we need to rethink the idea of allowing weapons in places like churches, shopping centers, concerts and theaters.
Private property has always had the choice of allowing or not. Not quite sure where the "NRA" and it's paltry 5 million subscribers comes into this. That leaves 300 plus million who aren't. Right?

Old 08-04-2019, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Obama, the guy who lost a record amount of seats under his watch and his appointed successor lost, and his desire to infringe on the rights of law abiding citizens is one of the reasons for that

I think men, even law abiding ones, who need to arm themselves with assault weapons, have shortcomings in other areas they are compensating for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or