Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2019, 08:00 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,703,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
So, what you're saying is that in pro-gun states like Texas, you still don't have to worry about civilians shooting at each other in the confusion or police shooting armed innocent civilians.

Thanks for pointing out allowing fbe 2nd to be in full affect doesn't compound the issue.
It did at this Walmart shooting:

Shoppers pulled guns in response to Thornton Walmart shooting, but police say that slowed investigation

Authorities had to eliminate possible suspects from surveillance video
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2019, 08:01 AM

34,620 posts, read 21,479,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
America is a war zone now. Just pray you or your family don’t get caught in the cross-fire.

Thank the NRA and Republican Party for making weapons of mass murder accessible to the mentally ill and evil doers in this country.
Why will gun laws keep guns out of the hands of criminals while drug laws won't keep drugs out of the hands of criminals?

It's amazing how you can believe a person who wants to go murder dozens of people would be fearful of breaking a gun law.

Old 08-04-2019, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimAZ View Post
Better outlaw gasoline (the recent mass murder in Japan) and knives (multiple murders in the EU) while you’re at it. And do continue to ignore the root causes for the violence, they simply don’t fit your demented world view.
Here we go again with this NRA spoon-fed talking point. I guess the "good guy with a gun stopping a bad guy with a gun" talking point will not work for these shootings.

Old 08-04-2019, 08:02 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,466,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
America is a war zone now. Just pray you or your family don’t get caught in the cross-fire.

Thank the NRA and Republican Party for making weapons of mass murder accessible to the mentally ill and evil doers in this country.
It’s a very frightening and sad time for us all, no doubt about it.

I refuse to cower in fear however. Statistically speaking there are a plethora of other woes that are far more likely to kill you than a crazed mass shooter. By and large, Americans are still safe when out in public.

I know it’s hard for some to keep numbers in mind during such an emotional time, but numbers are data, data are facts, facts trump emotion. I’m not saying don’t be sad or scared, I’m only saying that the reality is far better than perception on this matter.

Old 08-04-2019, 08:03 AM

3,354 posts, read 1,172,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimAZ View Post
Better outlaw gasoline (the recent mass murder in Japan) and knives (multiple murders in the EU) while you’re at it. And do continue to ignore the root causes for the violence, they simply don’t fit your demented world view.
That would be great but NO ONE is addressing or doing a thing about the root cause, and we all know what that is.... And of course, the reason no one will do anything has much to do with cost. Instead it's either shouting for more guns or no guns.

Old 08-04-2019, 08:04 AM

Quote:
So, you believe if we sue tge countries where heroine originates, that will stop the heroine epidemic in the US?

Lol
You got it!

Quote:
U.S. authorities are seeking the "forfeiture of more than $14 billion in cash proceeds from narcotic sales" that Mexican drug lord Joaquín El Chapo Guzmán Loera, the leader of the world’s biggest narcotics cartel, has allegedly earned over a 30 year-long criminal career, the Department of Justice said in a statement last Friday. Guzmán was extradited to the U.S. last week.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/doliaes.../#2df11a22669b

Old 08-04-2019, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
It did at this Walmart shooting:

Shoppers pulled guns in response to Thornton Walmart shooting, but police say that slowed investigation

Authorities had to eliminate possible suspects from surveillance video
You might want to actually read tge article.

First, it clearly says it posed no hazard.

Second, it said it slowed the follow-up investigation AFTER the event ended.

Nobody who pulled a gun fired a single shot. They pulled the gun in self-defense.

Thank you for strengthening my argument further.

Old 08-04-2019, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Why will gun laws keep guns out of the hands of criminals while drug laws won't keep drugs out of the hands of criminals?

It's amazing how you can believe a person who wants to go murder dozens of people would be fearful of breaking a gun law.
When did so many Americans become cowards ^^^ and gave up everything our forefathers fought for?

Old 08-04-2019, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
That stopped heroine from ebtering the US?

Lol. No, no it didn't.

Old 08-04-2019, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
It’s a very frightening and sad time for us all, no doubt about it.

I refuse to cower in fear however. Statistically speaking there are a plethora of other woes that are far more likely to kill you than a crazed mass shooter. By and large, Americans are still safe when out in public.

I know it’s hard for some to keep numbers in mind during such an emotional time, but numbers are data, data are facts, facts trump emotion. I’m not saying don’t be sad or scared, I’m only saying that the reality is far better than perception on this matter.
Now that is looking at the cracked glass as half full.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies