U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Today, 10:23 AM

6,767 posts, read 3,749,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
So if I cut and paste your comments from C-D onto a manifesto and then go on a killing spree, you're responsible. Got it.
I don't think the guy was scrapbooking Trump stuff in Dallas and then just decided on a whim to drive all the way to El Paso and just remembered to post his scrapbook on the internet minutes before he shot a bunch of people. The two facts are related. Trump's hate-filled rhetoric & mass shooting. We have seen it more than once...there is a pattern.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 10:24 AM

8,840 posts, read 10,917,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
Where are the parents of this kid? I feel that they should be interviewed in depth to understand how they cultivated this creature.

The same for the other kid in Texas.
It's a factor. Parents can't be 100 % responsible for how their kids turn out though, but you do wonder what red flags they missed. Denial is a hard thing to break through, too. There had to be multiple problems going on. I'd stay they started very young, but I can't blame the parents directly at all.

Old Today, 10:25 AM

9,762 posts, read 10,486,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
The difference between El Paso and Dayton, even if the Dayton guy was a "fan" of Warren, at no time and no where did Warren incite him to hate a certain demographic. I haven't seen any rallies or speeches where she castigates those who are "other."
What demographic did the Dayton shooter target?

Old Today, 10:25 AM

46,030 posts, read 18,221,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeriously View Post
And so what? Elizabeth doesn't incite violence. She doesn't mock or defame minorities.
Dear, the woman claimed to be a Cherokee Indian for 30 years for personal gain. Go ask them what they think of this woman. That's mocking and defaming of the highest order.

She's a hypocrite of the worst sort and the leftists hold nothing but a double standard.

Old Today, 10:28 AM

46,442 posts, read 34,298,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
So if I cut and paste your comments from C-D onto a manifesto and then go on a killing spree, you're responsible. Got it.
Silly goose. I am not POTUS and have no influence. I also donít make broad public or private derogatory statements about demographics.

I do not blame Trump for El Paso. The shooter alone owns it.

That some use Trumpís rhetoric to validate their own hate is their choice.

Old Today, 10:29 AM

6,404 posts, read 6,717,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
Donald Trump can't think when he speaks impromptu, that's why he has speech writers and a teleprompters.

Dayton mayor on Trump: I'm not sure 'he knows what he believes'
What? A president employing a speech writer and using a Teleprompter? Never heard of such a thing, no other president has ever done this before. I mean really, donít you realize how silly your post sounds?

Old Today, 10:32 AM

46,030 posts, read 18,221,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Silly goose. I am not POTUS and have no influence. I also don’t make broad public or private derogatory statements about demographics.

I do not blame Trump for El Paso. The shooter alone owns it.

That some use Trump’s rhetoric to validate their own hate is their choice.

Of course you do. You just did it. just like making a value judgement on a mass murderer based on the race of his victims.

Reprehensible.

Old Today, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
The text you quoted, as of right now, is 100% fact. If it later turns out that motives are known, or a manifesto is found, that will change everything, but as of now, there is no judgement, only fact.

So tell us, what is the double-standard? How did anyone go low?

Facts are that the El Paso Shooter stated his motives clearly, and the Dayton shooter did not. What are you disputing?
I am going to say it again. TDS, like ODS, is a 2-sided coin, those who blame a POTUS for everything vs those who defend POTUS against everything.

Old Today, 10:39 AM

6,493 posts, read 3,628,494 times
Yes, the Dayton shooter killing his own sister in a parked car makes it totally different. Stranger racially motivated? No. He had other issues, unlike the El Paso shooter.

His sister's male companion in the car survived so perhaps he can shed some light on that shooter's motivations. That shooter may have had family issues as well.

Old Today, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
right, nothing at all. except the fact that he shot them dead with a gun.
His random victims were people in the wrong place at the wrong time. If he had arrived a minute earlier or later, there would be different victims, maybe more or maybe fewer.

No one knows at this point in time if he meant to or was even aware he shot his sister and her companion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or