U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2019, 01:50 PM

28,252 posts, read 19,683,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
There is no evidence yet that he was targeting anyone. The neighborhood where the shooting occurred is a busy entertainment district frequented by all types of people, but mostly by white city and suburban dwellers.
so how did he manage to kill 6 black people out of 9 without 'targeting' them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
And more from the same page:

"Democratic presidential candidates Joe Biden, Elizabeth Warren, Kamala Harris and Bernie Sanders succinctly condemned white nationalism — the ideology espoused by the El Paso shooter in his purported 2,300-word manifesto.

However, when it comes to condemning the Dayton shooter’s militant far-left views, all remain mum. "

Hypocrites.
of course they remain mum.

and of course the msm isn't badgering them to condemn this far-left thug.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2019, 01:51 PM

864 posts, read 256,675 times
I do not like guns, so what I am about to say is strictly third party info from friends of mine who do like guns:

Perfectly sane and good people tell me they like the feeling of owning a gun, firing a gun, and it makes them feel safe and powerful.
If a mentally off-kilter person also feels safe and powerful holding a gun, and nothing else has ever before given him that feeling of finally NOT being afraid, that feeling gets expanded and starts to snowball out of control.

I am not an addict/alcoholic, but people who are say it makes them "not think", "not fear" "not be in pain"
When a person is addicted, we take away the substance because we have yet to figure out a way to stop the mental anomaly(ies) that causes addiction

When a person, with what appears to be some related-type of mental anomaly(ies) as the addict (fear? paranoia?pain?), gets hold of a gun, all of a sudden we think we can control/admonish the problem by ridding the world of the mental issues or the person himself

I don't see how the opposite can be true for what appears to be the same root. I am certainly not saying that addicts are violent. I am saying that the relief of fear, feeling of power, ability to let go, is what drives both illnesses.

Saying Tr**'s hate speech is responsible is the same phenomena as music lyrics and video games being blamed and sued for violence and death. Tr***'s hate speech is despicable for a whole different set of reasons, but not this one. It's dangerous and ill-thought, but not to blame.

I feel like some people (here on CD) have not, perhaps cannot, analyze this correctly.

(disclaimer: not a mental health professional)

Old 08-07-2019, 01:53 PM

901 posts, read 954,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Did he produce a manifesto indicating his mass killing spree was for a particular leftist cause?
No, which is why it's a non point.

Old 08-07-2019, 01:56 PM

32,714 posts, read 60,698,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
From the very beginning they seemed to be ruling out race as a motive. I read accounts that said 30 seconds was not enough to be discriminating in a scenario like this. Are black people 70% of the crowd downtown in Dayton?
Nope. Crowds in the Oregon District have become more diverse over the years (the neighborhood in the 70s was mostly working-class whites, mostly of Appalachian heritage; in the 80s and into the 90s was a yuppie haven), but the patrons of the bars and restaurants still are largely white.

If he were targeting black people, he wouldn't have sprayed bullets all over a sidewalk populated with a mixed crowd.

Old 08-07-2019, 01:58 PM

33,609 posts, read 20,608,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Nope. Crowds in the Oregon District have become more diverse over the years (the neighborhood in the 70s was mostly working-class whites, mostly of Appalachian heritage; in the 80s and into the 90s was a yuppie haven), but the patrons of the bars and restaurants still are largely white.

If he were targeting black people, he wouldn't have sprayed bullets all over a sidewalk populated with a mixed crowd.
I agree with this, very informative and fair and balanced post.

Plus, are we assuming this loser shooter was some kind of sharp shooter now? lol Or are we assuming his bullets had "eyes".

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 08-07-2019 at 02:07 PM..

Old 08-07-2019, 02:03 PM

7,652 posts, read 1,782,967 times
"Phew! For a minute there I was worried that this visit was about the victims."

Old 08-07-2019, 02:23 PM

5,627 posts, read 1,579,458 times
Default Democrats confront President Trump in Dayton, but can make no suggestions except tired, worn talking points

The usual leftists did the usual confrontations that they always do after gruesome mass shootings. But all they could come up with were background checks, keeping Obamacare in effect, and "taking assault weapons off the streets". These had all been tried in previous years or decades, with no reduction of mass shootings. And the leftists could give no reasons why they should have any different results this time.

But it was a good photo-op for their next campaigns.

-------------------------------------

https://www.yahoo.com/news/dayton-ma...183722741.html

Trump confronted by Democrats and protests in Dayton

Dylan Stableford,Yahoo News
1 hour 23 minutes ago

As soon as President Trump touched down Wednesday in Ohio he was met by two prominent critics of his response to the mass shootings in Dayton and El Paso, Texas, over the weekend.

Dayton Mayor Nan Whaley, a Democrat, and Sen. Sherrod Brown, D-Ohio, confronted Trump after greeting him on the tarmac at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base.

Both of us spoke with the president right after he got off Air Force One, Brown told reporters. Both the mayor and I asked the president to call on Sen. [Mitch] McConnell to move to bring the Senate back in session this week, to tell the Senate he wants the background checks bill that has already passed the House on the floor for a vote.

The Ohio senator also said he told the president that if he truly cares about mental health, he should stop trying to repeal the Affordable Care Act, which gives patients with mental illness access to treatment.

I said, Mr. President, respectfully, the most important thing you can do for these police officers is to take these assault weapons off the streets, Brown said.

Old 08-07-2019, 02:45 PM

7,652 posts, read 1,782,967 times
Not surprised by this at all. Trump is such a god awful human being.

Old 08-07-2019, 03:08 PM

14,924 posts, read 7,987,661 times
Default President Donald J. Trump and the First Lady Melania Trump visited Dayton OH today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMzp648kWYI

Watching this video reminds me that most of what we see and hear in the media is horribly slanted against the President, his Administration, his family and even those of us who support his efforts to help this nation. This man brings a level of class and sincerity to this job that we haven't seen in quite a while.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...so/1920505001/

Quote:
President Donald Trump is expected to visit the sites of two mass shootings that occurred this weekend and representatives of both areas have spoken out against his visit.

Nine people were killed and at least 27 were injured in Dayton's Oregon District when a gunman opened fire around 1 a.m. Sunday. The gunman was taken down by police in less than a minute.
His campaign purposely kept the media away from these visits knowing that they would politicize them in every way possible, something that this nation doesn't need right now.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/pres...ry?id=64807321

Quote:
President Donald Trump on Wednesday visited Dayton, Ohio, where the White House said he met with victims of a weekend shooting that left nine dead but stayed almost completely out of view of the public and news media before departing for El Paso, Texas, where 22 people were killed in a mass shooting Saturday.
It's touching to see the President take the time to meet with victims and their families while those who incited the Dayton shooter continue to blame everyone but themselves for what took place.

Old 08-07-2019, 03:12 PM

2,059 posts, read 533,849 times
Trump's handlers are making sure they take a route that doesn't allow him to see protesters. His ego can't handle it. They did the same thing in London - actually put his fatass in a helicopter for a few mile trip so he wouldn't peer out from a car window and have a stroke.

http://www.ochoman.com/wp-content/up...ning-signs.jpg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or