Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2019, 07:02 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,330,399 times

Advertisements

I always wonder, if gun laws work, why hasn’t it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2019, 07:03 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,664,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
Uh, mass murders represent less then 1% of all homicides. 500+ murdered in Chicago annually. But the media loves a hot mass murder especially when the shooter is white.

News flash: Whites don’t have the highest rates of any form of murder in the U.S.

That includes homicides, serial killings, or mass killings. USDOJ, FBISTATS. Mass shooters love gun free zones.
Uh, use the phrase "terrorism" and you'll get closer to the truth.....

Meaning - woundings and murders of people you don't know that are not just in the line of fire of your house. Terror for terrors sake.......

Oh, and we probably have 10X the number of innocents slaughtered as other advanced countries......

If you want to accept it as normal that's your problem. But comparing it with unrelated things (motor vehicle deaths, opiate deaths) is just plain silly.

These crimes are different.

Old 08-04-2019, 07:04 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Quotes like this is exactly why I believe these are all planned attacks by the deep state to manipulate people like you into turning in your defense. And when the guns are finally gone and the deep state unfurls their true plans of a dictatorship, don't say I didn't warn you!
With all good intentions, I strongly urge you to seek medical help.

Old 08-04-2019, 07:05 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,664,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
As you see above they just come up with a different excuse when one fails. It's perfect. You can't lose if you are willing to lie, distort and bury your head in the same

The USA is different. An outlier in many ways. And terror by our own citizens is a massive problem now.

Funny how if "Muslims" killed 20 people here it's a BFD. But if just plain old American citizens with guns do the jobs, then it don't mean nothing.

Old 08-04-2019, 07:06 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
So strange to read posts about how all these shooters with their "white nationalist manifestos" who are murdering people on six inch centers are actually part of a "deep state" plot to manipulate people, disarm them, and render the population powerless against plans to impose a dictatorship.

Sweet Jesus. Look around.

Assault rifles are not going to prevent a dictatorship.

Old 08-04-2019, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
when are liberals gonna stop beating around the bush with "new" gun laws and call for restrictions on who can own weapons? Many of them would agree that's what's needed. Have a need for a weapon? Prove it, submit paperwork to the government and become licensed. No credible need for guns? You can't have one.

how's that? Can the DNC get behind that?
You betcha!

Quote:
The Democrat-controlled House of Representatives on Wednesday passed a universal background check bill — which, if the Senate were interested in passing it, would be the most significant gun control legislation in a generation.

Under current federal law, licensed dealers are required to run a background check to make sure a buyer doesn’t have a criminal record, history of mental illness, or any other factor that legally bars him from purchasing a gun.
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...lence-congress

Old 08-04-2019, 07:07 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Your argument doesn't hold water because the gun laws in place are NOT universal.

USA is a country with many states and you can travel easily between states.

Universal gun laws would have to be attempted before you could try to argue the gun laws don't work.

I'm not advocating for gun laws, just explaining why you can't argue that it is obvious gun laws don't work.

Old 08-04-2019, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
I guess we'll be expanding TSA screening to all 62,000 bars throughout the US!
Exactly my point! We cannot screen every public venue, can we? The only other alternative is to.... (you know the answer.)

Old 08-04-2019, 07:10 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,828,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
This is getting crazy.

America is turning into a 3rd world country, when it comes to violence and events like this one. What the Hell has happened to people ?

Old 08-04-2019, 07:13 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,844,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
When you can't counter argue, start attacking the person! Gotcha And you are probably scared deep down because you know I am right about this. Amazing, same people hate and don't trust the cops, but also advocate that they are the only ones allowed to have guns. And the criminals won't obey no gun laws, so what about them? How do you plan to get rid of all of the guns off the street when our massive war on drugs can't even keep drugs off the street.
All kinds of drugs are most likely related to these killings. Prescribed drugs and illegal. So keeping killers and drugs off the streets, should go hand in hand.

You know there are problems. What can we do????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies