Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2019, 09:12 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,460,060 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
When did so many Americans become cowards ^^^ and gave up everything our forefathers fought for?
If you don’t carry your own gun and don’t care about protecting your own life, why should I care about you?

I carry all the time and will NOT use to protect others as I know they wouldn’t do for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2019, 09:13 AM

34,620 posts, read 21,439,628 times
Quote:
Interestingly, it will be the second amendment that will eventually destroy our other rights under the constitution. We will give up our rights to free speech, privacy, protection from searches, etc... just to protect the gun manufacturers profits.
Are you wanting to do away with things like search warrants and allow police to enter anyone's home in order to reduce crime?

Old 08-04-2019, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Why don't other countries have the same problem we do?
It’s a cultural thing.

Because we Americans particularly the media like to glorify mass murderers and serial killers.

Old 08-04-2019, 09:14 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,810,772 times
Quote:
Interestingly, it will be the second amendment that will eventually destroy our other rights under the constitution. We will give up our rights to free speech, privacy, protection from searches, etc... just to protect the gun manufacturers profits.
Seriously? Do you think the shooter asked permission to shoot people? It's like a restraining order against a spouse abuser. The order is only as good as the paper it's written on.

People, use your brain for what God gave it to you. THINK. Criminals will do what they are determined to do regardless of laws, restrictions. Laws and locks are for honest people, not those with criminal intent.

Old 08-04-2019, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Here we go again with this NRA spoon-fed talking point. I guess the "good guy with a gun stopping a bad guy with a gun" talking point will not work for these shootings.
This is your come back?

Add trucks to the ban list please.

Old 08-04-2019, 09:15 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,448,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Throw in Adderall and other ADHD Meds we're giving them when their 9 years old.

Bet the 21yo in El Paso who is a College kid had done his share of Adderall and other Meds.
Reportedly, 2.8 million under the age of 19 are prescribed stimulants in the US. Such scripts are not limited to the US.

Obviously most of those prescribed do not engage in mass shootings.

There is little to no factual information about the historical prescriptions of mass shooters. There is no national data base of historical scripts. Most were not under the influence of anything at the time of the shooting.

Use of stimulants to neutralize hyper activity, inability to concentrate and impulsivity is relatively common in Canada, Australia, Northern Europe, Hong Kong and China.

Old 08-04-2019, 09:19 AM

6,081 posts, read 4,554,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
If you don’t carry your own gun and don’t care about protecting your own life, why should I care about you?

I carry all the time and will NOT use to protect others as I know they wouldn’t do for me.
Wow. This speaks for itself about "the more guns the better" mentality, in their own words.

Old 08-04-2019, 09:20 AM

34,620 posts, read 21,439,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowel View Post
Wow, did someone actually say this? It's pretty telling about the mentality of "the more guns the better" mentality, in their own words.
So, you want people who are carrying to go out charging guns blazing?

Old 08-04-2019, 09:22 AM

2,258 posts, read 1,123,443 times
Quote:
Wow. This is pretty telling about the mentality of "the more guns the better" mentality, in their own words.
Yeah the gun nuts motto changed from “good guy with a gun” to “I only use my gun to defend me” all of a sudden. So the good guy with a gun was all BS.

Old 08-04-2019, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Wow. This speaks for itself about "the more guns the better" mentality, in their own words.
So you don’t care about protecting yourself and your family but expect others to risk their lives to protect you????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies