Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2019, 11:28 AM

20,616 posts, read 8,384,269 times

Advertisements

When I was awakened by my radio alarm I heard that CNN had reported the shooter was a left wing nut job (not those exact words). I thought I was still asleep and dreaming. CNN told the truth? Have Jeff Zucker and his staff been fired?

Has hell frozen over?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2019, 11:32 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,398,053 times
Waiting for the media to demand that the social network the shooter was radicalized on be shut down.

Why is Twitter still up?

Old 08-06-2019, 11:37 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,468,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
The guy appears to have been an extreme left-winger:
https://nypost.com/2019/08/06/dayton...itter-account/

Doesn't surprise me a bit. Today's liberalism basically boils down to "Anything Goes". So hey, why not shoot up a club??
(Just like Nikolas Cruz, the Florida school shooter, this guy had also been in serious trouble in high school, with psychopathic behaviors. Liberalism caused neither one of them to be held accountable in any meaningful way, so a few years later we get massacres. https://nypost.com/2019/08/06/dayton...his-rape-list/
This ain't rocket science, folks).
According to hearsay, Dayton shooter was suspended from school 9 years ago for a rape and kill list.
School reportedly confirmed disciplinary action - no details.

Should he have been institutionalized for life based on these lists?

Dayton shooter’s former GF is speaking out. They met in class and bonded over shared mental health issues. Says he showed her a video of a mass shooting on their first date. Says he did not get the support he needed- got the short end of the stick.

He did not share intentions to engage in a mass shooting.

No way of knowing if he sought mental health help or stuck with it. There is often an expectation that mental health intervention is a magic cure.

Should she have reported his fascination with mass shootings? To who? Then what? What if he denied? Should he have been out under 24/7 surveillance or institutionalized?

Old 08-06-2019, 11:37 AM

56,874 posts, read 25,813,956 times
Just saw Nan Whaley the Dayton mayor, she is really sharp. I didn't know that Trump was visiting there tomorrow, her statement was the same as the El Paso Mayor indicating it she was basically meeting with Trump because it is her duty. She went on to say she didn't agree with Trumps lack of focus on gun control and when asked about possible protest she indicated she hopes their voices are heard.

I don't think Trump's visits are helpful.

Whaley also mentioned this statement by an Ohio State Congresswoman, she is being asked to resign:

Quote:
COLUMBUS - Ohio Republican Party leader Jane Timken has called on Ohio state Rep. Candice Keller to resign from her seat after the lawmaker's "shocking" comments about Sunday's mass shooting in Dayton.
Keller, a Republican from Middletown, Ohio, posted on Facebook on Sunday comments that blamed "drag queen advocates," the Democratic Congress, former President Barack Obama, violent video games and the hatred of veterans for the deaths of nine people and the shooter in Dayton early Sunday.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...st/1925234001/

Old 08-06-2019, 11:39 AM

6,129 posts, read 6,776,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I

Speaking of parents - the police and press were all over the El Paso shooter's relatives, their homes, etc. As they should be. I'd like the same level of information on the Dayton shooter's relatives, domicile, etc. I'm sorry if it's intrusive but this is what happens when your son is a murderer.
The police have openly stated that they are treating the parents gingerly since they just lost both their children. Everyone is trying to give them a little space. There have been initial police interviews however.

Old 08-06-2019, 11:45 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,029,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Just saw Nan Whaley the Dayton mayor, she is really sharp. I didn't know that Trump was visiting there tomorrow, her statement was the same as the El Paso Mayor indicating it she was basically meeting with Trump because it is her duty. She went on to say she didn't agree with Trumps lack of focus on gun control and when asked about possible protest she indicated she hopes their voices are heard.

I don't think Trump's visits are helpful.
Trump being a sociopath lacks empathy for anyone or anything. These visits to Dayton and El Paso are strictly pro forma.

Old 08-06-2019, 11:46 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,797,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
According to hearsay, Dayton shooter was suspended from school 9 years ago for a rape and kill list.
School reportedly confirmed disciplinary action - no details.

Should he have been institutionalized for life based on these lists?

Dayton shooter’s former GF is speaking out. They met in class and bonded over shared mental health issues. Says he showed her a video of a mass shooting on their first date. Says he did not get the support he needed- got the short end of the stick.

He did not share intentions to engage in a mass shooting.

No way of knowing if he sought mental health help or stuck with it. There is often an expectation that mental health intervention is a magic cure.

Should she have reported his fascination with mass shootings? To who? Then what? What if he denied? Should he have been out under 24/7 surveillance or institutionalized?
Exactly, forced institutionalization is such a gross violation of natural law that you can’t utilize it en masse. I seriously doubt if it is possible to reduce by any great degree mass shootings through that method.

It’s very easy to Monday morning quarterback these incidents.

Old 08-06-2019, 11:52 AM

8,168 posts, read 3,091,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
When I was awakened by my radio alarm I heard that CNN had reported the shooter was a left wing nut job (not those exact words). I thought I was still asleep and dreaming. CNN told the truth? Have Jeff Zucker and his staff been fired?

Has hell frozen over?
I'd a thought I was dreaming too.

Old 08-06-2019, 11:54 AM

8,168 posts, read 3,091,122 times
Odd that he offed his sister in the attack. I wonder what the story is with that. Accidentally, purposely? I'm trying to understand why he included killing her, along with everyone else.

Old 08-06-2019, 11:55 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,468,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
Waiting for the media to demand that the social network the shooter was radicalized on be shut down.

Why is Twitter still up?
The El Paso shooter uploaded his cut and paste manifesto to 8 Chan, not Twitter.

Reportedly, 8 Chan has many, many dark private groups/ chat rooms for extremism. They validate each other, blame throw and feed hate. Some groups idolize and obsess over mass shooters. Some are into planning mass shootings. 8 Chan went dark when its provider cut them off.

The original developer of 8 Chan claims he created it while high on drugs. He sold it to a company in the Philippines. He now calls for it to be permanently closed.

The increase in sensational mass shootings doves tails with the emergence of social media. Each sensational mass shooting inspires the next.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies