U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Climate change caused by humans is a real phenomenon
True 98 56.32%
False 76 43.68%
Voters: 174. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 11:26 AM

2,552 posts, read 880,394 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post

It is very puzzling indeed how liberals ignore that huge gas ball in the sky and blame CO2. We have two adjacent planets, one cold, one warm, with CO2 concentrations 1,000X that or earth. Obviously, CO2 is not the primary determinant of planetary temperatures.
Surely CO2 is not the only, or even the primary, factor affecting global temperatures. However, it is one factor that has increased by 50% over a short period of time correlating with rising temperatures.

Now that could be merely coincidence. But do you honestly believe that climatologists and atmospheric physicists, with all of their knowledge and advanced methods of collecting and analyzing data, have all somehow just forgotten to factor in the influence of the sun? Or geothermal or other greenhouse gases? That you, with your background in engineering and medicine, have stumbled upon some glaringly obvious error that 95% of scientists trained in those fields have somehow missed? Come on, what are the chances? Why should I believe you and not the experts in the field?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 11:45 AM

3,102 posts, read 897,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
They edged above us recently mostly because they have more people but we had a hundred year head start and still the worst per capita abuser.
..then you and I are in 100% agreement that it's a scam

Developing countries get to increase their emissions...because they were late to the game

...if global warming was really a problem...no one would be allowed to increase their emissions

Old Today, 11:50 AM

3,983 posts, read 4,120,557 times
https://oceanservice.noaa.gov/facts/sealevel.html

"Sea level rising 1/8th of an inch per year"

Another source: "Scientists generally agree that the earth has warmed by about 1C (some say .85C, others say it’s been more) since 1880." But 1880 was lower than before that https://www.forbes.com/sites/uhenerg.../#6ec24fe35c22 The rate of increase has increased recently but the total amount of change is still small compared to 1880, smaller still compared to 1000AD.

Last edited by NW Crow; Today at 12:11 PM..

Old Today, 12:03 PM

9,567 posts, read 7,904,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreggT View Post
We are having climate change, same as happened over the past millions of years. Humans are having minimal impact.

Probably true.
I do not believe what the "experts" are saying.

Old Today, 12:13 PM

1,961 posts, read 917,374 times
Climate change as in carefully designed manipulation of climate and weather patterns can never be ignored. It would be quite the trick to make everyone look over there, at everyday consumers and of course industry for causing whatever changes we see to the climate. However, never ignore the nefarious influence of those powerful interests with the resources to match, who have already invested in weather tech & can pull the levers behind the scenes as they have done with global finance. In addition the non stop squabbling between the left and right on the issue of climate change does keep the focus shifted away from those very same group of individuals who hope to make a killing , excuse the pun, on climate change hysteria and panic. We are merely pawns in this game. Nothing ever changes in that regard.

Old Today, 12:15 PM

7,139 posts, read 5,018,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
The climate changes regardless of other factors.

This is true, and it is why I think the poll is flawed.

The true answer is is that man has significantly influenced the rate of change. We did not "cause" it, as it would have changed regardless.

If people would speak in realistic terms, the deniers might have an easier time accepting the impact man has on earth. Think about this: The earth was never intended to support 8 billion humans. We've had to bend nature in several ways. I'm not saying that is good or bad, it just "is". One of those ways is by industrializing, which has an impact. It's not the only impact, but it is one impact.

Similarly, the human population could not have grown to 8Billion without serious changing in the way we provide food to one another. Good or bad? I don't know, but if we want to sustain this size of population, it's reality. It has impact.

In both cases, better to understand it, understand what we can, and what we cannot change, and do the best we can with what we can.

I did not vote, because neither option rang 100% true to me. I stated my thoughts on the "true answer" above.

Old Today, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Crow View Post
https://oceanservice.noaa.gov/facts/sealevel.html

"Sea level rising 1/8th of an inch per year"

Another source: "Scientists generally agree that the earth has warmed by about 1C (some say .85C, others say its been more) since 1880." But 1880 was lower than before that https://www.forbes.com/sites/uhenerg.../#6ec24fe35c22 The rate of increase has increased recently but the total amount of change is still small compared to 1880, smaller still compared to 1000AD.
...even those clowns can't agree

Cause here's another NOAA sea level site that says 1/10th of an inch a year......3.1 mm/year

https://www.climate.gov/news-feature...obal-sea-level

Old Today, 12:56 PM

1,240 posts, read 1,601,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
This is true, and it is why I think the poll is flawed.

It is flawed, it is like saying here are only two colors, black and white, nothing in-between.

Old Today, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
...even those clowns can't agree

Cause here's another NOAA sea level site that says 1/10th of an inch a year......3.1 mm/year

https://www.climate.gov/news-feature...obal-sea-level
with a graph that shows sea level has risen 8 inchs since 1881.....138 years.....which computes to 0.06 inches a year...that's 6/100 ths of an inch a year

Even their own websites contradict the science they are spewing

Old Today, 03:47 PM

3,983 posts, read 4,120,557 times
The rate has apparently changed from super slow to less slow (though a multiple of super slow).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies