U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Climate change caused by humans is a real phenomenon
True 64 58.72%
False 45 41.28%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 03:34 PM

15,168 posts, read 13,414,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreggT View Post
We are having climate change, same as happened over the past millions of years. Humans are having minimal impact.
Humans adversely impacted the ozone layer. That's why you can't buy Freon anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 03:49 PM

2,978 posts, read 644,808 times
Don't know. I rarely post on climate thread because I don't know enough about climate science to have a firm opinion, and I don't trust the media to give me accurate information about it.

Old Today, 03:50 PM

3,093 posts, read 892,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Humans adversely impacted the ozone layer. That's why you can't buy Freon anymore.
...and you know, that's a really good example of why the implementation of global warming is a scam

The whole world stopped using Freon...it really was poison

But with CO2/global warming....developing countries get to increase their CO2 emissions because they didn't make enough money (GDP)...or have more people (per capita)

...no one would have said "you get to keep using Freon"

Old Today, 03:52 PM

21,717 posts, read 11,695,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
But then Mt St Helens blew and put more CFC's into the atmosphere than mankind had ever produced or will ever produce. Created a huge hole in the ozone layer but then a few years later the hole was gone and the ozone was thicker than ever.

Old Today, 03:54 PM

33,384 posts, read 14,069,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
This poll is a perfect example of two emotionally-charged and ideologically-driven extremes seeking to oversimplify and emtionalize a polarizing issue for purposes of advancing their own agenda; a pox on both their houses!

The anti-environmental conservatives should soften their strident insistence that continuance of dependence upon expanded use of fossil fuels will have no long-term effect.

But in return, the far-Left-leaning crowd needs to abandon their little-girl-like conviction that only a huge new expansion of a bureaucracy with its own purposes can "save the planet" -- and that the choice has to be made -- and imposed on all of us -- within the twelve (or whatever number of) years they alone deem to be crucial.
The poll is not a complicated question, its rather straight forward and the results don't surprise me. CD has a healthy contingent of non-believers,

Old Today, 03:59 PM

33,384 posts, read 14,069,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Terrible poll.

I believe humans have a very slight impact on the global environment. VERY slight. It's mostly natural forces at work.

Mankind affects his environment locally, not globally. This planet has withstood far, far more destructive events than mankind and will be here blue and full of life LONG after mankind is gone.
What you believe is not based on science, just belief. Man is a very destructive force, do you have anything to compare.

Fossil fuel emissions are not local, we won the lottery when to our atmosphere and the sun. You shouldn't assume that we can always do as we want and it wont have an impact.

Old Today, 04:02 PM

3,050 posts, read 4,116,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
Yes and no

I mean Earth goes through warm and cold cycles

However, do believe humankind as we progressed have sped up that process, caused some irreversible damage to the environment, and caused other damages to the environment that does/can lead to chain reaction of negative environmental event's.

With that said I support funding in finding eco friendly and sustainable energy sources. Same goes for energy sources for transportation and increase of public transportation.

Support soultions to minimize and balance urban sprawling.

Protect open spaces.

Plant more trees.

Utilize more biodegradable products and work towards not using any non-biodegrable products in the future.

Support sustainable farming techniques. Support use of GMO crops. Support unique farming techniques with minimal to no environmental impact.

Support research in reversing damage to the ice caps and ozone layer. Work towards restoring harmony of Mother Earth.

Support global initiative of space exploration.

Support global initiative in creating nuclear fusion as an energy source.

For the U.S. maintain Clean Air and Clean Water regulations.

Tax rebates for U.S. Businesses that ascertain various environmental friendly goals set up by the Government.

Make businesses that cause negative environmental impacts pay for clean up cost or pay back the Government for clean up cost.

Work with non profit agencies to better protect protected open spaces in the U.S.
This country has a epidemic of trees. That is why the west is burning in forest fires. We need to plant more trees in cities and remove trees from our forests in the west.

GMO has NOTHING to do with climate change.

Making US businesses pay for climate change.....well, when the World ENDS Boeing will be there. The leading advocate of climate change is Governor Jay Inslee of Washington state. He gave Boeing 10 BILLION dollars in state tax breaks to continue destroying the planet. WTF??

Two things we can do RIGHT NOW....

Drive 55 MPH per hour. 30% reduction in C02 emissions due to transportation. BTW...every Democrat governor has the authority to do this.....TOMORROW. No Trump, no legislation, no new taxes.

Reduce jet travel in world to 1970's levels. Ban short (less than 1000 mile) jet flights. Ban private jets.

Minimal costs to society, maxinum benefit to the planet.

Old Today, 04:02 PM

7,193 posts, read 5,462,447 times
Absolutely true. We aren't taking care of the planet. We have caused diabetes, a heart attack, hypertension, etc for feeding it pollution, waste, fracking, etc.

Old Today, 04:08 PM

3,093 posts, read 892,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Fossil fuel emissions are not local,
well of course not...if it was

China would be 10 feet under water and burning up > https://3c1703fe8d.site.internapcdn....rbonemissi.jpg

Old Today, 04:22 PM

10,558 posts, read 8,826,484 times
Does it matter? A global climate agreement to reduce emissions will never happen. It doesn't matter to me what's causing the trends in the weather I experience. I bought a heat pump and an umbrella. I already have a snowmobile suit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies