U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2019, 03:31 PM

7,163 posts, read 4,063,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
I really like Amy McGrath a lot. I respect her Military service and she seems to have some qualities that serve her well...but now she is claiming that she is a a "Pro Trump Democrat". No way in #%#%$ am I gonna vote for that. Trump is the whole reason that I left the Republican Party.

(She is more than likely just saying that to get elected....but it is going to turn a lot of people off!

I don't really know anyone who likes Mitch....but, yet it's always been that way...but somehow he is always gets re-elected.
Sigh. (As bad as he is, he is a peach compared to our Governor!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
She SAID that??

This article seems to put more nuance around that. I read it that she seems to understand why people voted for Trump, not that she supports him. She asks why he hasn't "drained the swamp", blames McConnell as the reason.

I really really like her a lot. I think she has/had a really good chance of beating Mitch....at least as good as anyone in Kentucky. (The state is a traditional one that usually respects Military Service, regardless of the candidate's political
affiliation....but it is hard to say, things have gotten so divided lately in America.

Maybe I misunderstood. She didn't seem to like Trump a lot when she was running against Andy Barr.
Anyway, Mitch McConnell needs to go.

Kentucky Makeover Amy McGrath Challenges Trump as a Pro-Trump Democrat
https://www.courier-journal.com/stor...at/1680960001/

https://www.motherjones.com/politics...campaign-2020/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2019, 04:24 PM

2,854 posts, read 916,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
Mitch is almost worse than Trump. The bad thing is even if Trump loses, Mitch will still be there obstructing things.

You are right. McConnell is showing his true colors. I swear, Trump has something on Mitch and is holding it over his head.

Old 08-06-2019, 06:08 PM

14,828 posts, read 10,735,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
You are right. McConnell is showing his true colors. I swear, Trump has something on Mitch and is holding it over his head.
Judges. Trump doesn’t need anything to hold over Mitch’s head, he is giving Mitch his judicial nominees, and that’s enough for Mitch to want to keep Trump in office.

Old 08-06-2019, 08:43 PM

4,589 posts, read 3,153,497 times
how much longer is mitch going to live so that can enjoy the fruits of policies? He just fell and broke his shoulder. It a sign from the gods.

He does not look like he does yoga.

Too much whiskey.

Old 08-06-2019, 10:13 PM

9,824 posts, read 4,446,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
how much longer is mitch going to live so that can enjoy the fruits of policies? He just fell and broke his shoulder. It a sign from the gods.

He does not look like he does yoga.

Too much whiskey.
My thoughts and prayers go out to Mitch.

Old Today, 10:45 AM

4,916 posts, read 6,200,455 times
Who has the best Moscow Mitch merchandise?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or