U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2019, 10:43 AM

39,822 posts, read 41,219,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
Maybe, although it does start off, “A well regulated militia...” gun nuts conveniently always leave that out.

To reiterate "well regulated" at the time meant effective or in good working order. There is comma's in that sentence and they have meaning, they are used to split ideas. You can create a sentence with or without a comma that has two completely different meanings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2019, 10:44 AM

30,536 posts, read 15,792,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Come and take it, and I'll have 10 more made tomorrow.
Ban metals.
Wait, are you saying you can replicate manufacturing techniques that are over 100 years old?

Lol

Old 08-04-2019, 10:45 AM

23,633 posts, read 11,705,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
There, I said it.

In their defense, they had no idea what that amendment would result in some 200+ years later, no way to know the kind of advanced weaponry that would be invented and fall into hands they don't belong in, no way of knowing how Americans would misuse and abuse the amendment in ways they never intended.

But here we are.

It's time to consider amending the Constitution again.
The founding fathers didnt make a mistake. People didnt start misinterpreting it until 150 years after they were dead.

Old 08-04-2019, 10:45 AM

67,380 posts, read 34,311,211 times
My right to keep & bear arms, supersedes your feelings.

Old 08-04-2019, 10:46 AM

1,917 posts, read 389,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njbiodude View Post
Isn't that what Trump said to congresswomen that disagreed with him? Just because you don't agree with people doesn't mean you can just demand they leave. I don't like having crazy white supremacists in my neighborhood. But it doesn't mean I can just demand my neighbor leaves even if he belongs to the Aryan Brotherhood.
Trump said that to Congresswomen who hate the U.S. and/or Jews. The Bill of Rights is what makes this country unique. If you donít like the individual rights afforded citizens then you need to leave too.

Old 08-04-2019, 10:48 AM

8,343 posts, read 2,442,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
There, I said it.

In their defense, they had no idea what that amendment would result in some 200+ years later, no way to know the kind of advanced weaponry that would be invented and fall into hands they don't belong in, no way of knowing how Americans would misuse and abuse the amendment in ways they never intended.

But here we are.

It's time to consider amending the Constitution again.
Finally, a progressive that says what may have an effect on gun violence. Take them away from people. Respect your voicing it, most progressives even though they agree, are mealy mouth about it.

Old 08-04-2019, 10:48 AM

19,838 posts, read 12,465,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Give it up. You are not going to get what you want without a civil war, and you are waging that war against the people who actually have guns.

That is exactly correct. Gun confiscation or abolition of the 2nd Amendment would result in a Civil War, and the left does not have any guns. Further, most of the military and police forces come from a demographic that supports gun ownership and gun rights.

It is ironic, is it not? The left has no guns, therefore they cannot exert their will over a group they perceive as "repressive".

Gun confiscation will remain a liberal fantasy, as even if they had the political mandate, they lack the muscle to carry it out.

Old 08-04-2019, 10:49 AM

696 posts, read 499,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
You are going to have to explain how you get to that from this:

Just so it's clear that is the entirety as written in 1790 and adopted from the similarity worded 1776 version. There is nothing before it and nothing after it.
Define state?

Federal government? Local police? Your town? Your HOA at your development? Until that is properly defined noone can agree. My impression was it meant the federal government and especially the army. Go ahead prove me wrong with quotes from everyone that wrote it stating otherwise.

Old 08-04-2019, 10:49 AM

67,380 posts, read 34,311,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Wait, are you saying you can replicate manufacturing techniques that are over 100 years old?

Lol

Yes. A Bridgeport mill, lathe and homemade rifling J.I.G are just a plus.
I can make 30mm cannons from oil drilling pipe.
I can make my own black powder or gunpowder.

Old 08-04-2019, 10:52 AM

39,822 posts, read 41,219,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post

Lol

With 3-D printing advancing as it is the ability to make a gun, any gun, is going be in the hands of anyone. I wonder what the cry will be when the first mass shooting is committed by full auto produced on 3-D printer?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or