U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2019, 05:28 AM

5,860 posts, read 1,580,626 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
There, I said it.

In their defense, they had no idea what that amendment would result in some 200+ years later, no way to know the kind of advanced weaponry that would be invented and fall into hands they don't belong in, no way of knowing how Americans would misuse and abuse the amendment in ways they never intended.

But here we are.

It's time to consider amending the Constitution again.
The Founders put in the amendment mechanism just for this reason. If we, as a society decide we want to alter the 2nd Amendment, then we can alter it via the amendment process. Otherwise, if anti-gun people do not wish to do the hard work, then they need to quiet down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2019, 05:30 AM

6,410 posts, read 4,244,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
What makes you think that someone bent on violence couldn't kill large numbers of people with weapons designed for hunting, home defense and Target shooting?

And for the millionth time......

The second amendment isn't about hunting, home defense or target shooting.

And the people ARE the militia.
Hell, I could kill large numbers of people with gasoline, padlocks and a book of matches.

Haven't done it, never plan to, but I could really easily.

Old 08-05-2019, 05:30 AM

7,601 posts, read 3,123,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
All we've ever done is nibbled around the edges. We need to put plans in place that culminate in eliminating the barbarism of a public armed with deadly weapons of range.

One day....people far more civilized will look back upon this savage era in disbelief. Many of us already do. It is utter madness to have anyone and everyone accessing guns and taking them wherever they please as they would a wristwatch.

Americans have had more than enough. Continued denial and inaction on guns by my fellow conservatives will absolutely guarantee the complete takeover of all government branches by the left. And soon....for as far and as long as the mind can see. You (collectively) cling to the 2nd Amendment at the grave risk of losing most of the freedoms we have ever known.
So do you have much of a gun collection? Just wondering if you have a dog in this hunt. The "takeover" you mention would be very bloody.

Old 08-05-2019, 05:36 AM

72,496 posts, read 84,278,031 times
Should there be some gun control like background checks yes, but the 2nd amendment if not a bad one and when we people understand, if a nut wants to kill a coupe dozen people or even a couple of people they are going to find a way. If the media wouldn't give them so much attention these idiots might not go around killing people.

Old 08-05-2019, 05:40 AM

37,775 posts, read 16,362,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
The gun nuts have taken over our collective American asylum. The killing won't stop until we defeat them at the ballot box which I don't expect to see in my lifetime (unfortunately).

Living pathetic/boring lives these gun nuts want to attach a sense of grandeur to their lives. So they tell themselves it is their "sacred duty" to protect themselves from a tyrannical government.

Anything to make going to Applebee's with their obese wives more palpable. Yet, the biggest health threat they face is that burger they are chomping on for the 100th time at Applebee's.
The ANTI-gun nuts have REFUSED to disarm those who live in the areas were MOST OF THE GUN VIOLENCE OCCURS dem run cities and the adjacent urban counties.The killing won't stop until we defeat them at the ballot box which I don't expect to see in my lifetime (unfortunately).

There "concern" about gun deaths is all a facade to ban as may guns as they can, EXCEPT where MOST of the gun deaths are, IGNORING where the REAL problems are.

They no very LITTLE about guns and think if it is black and looks a certain way it is a military rifle.

It is IMPOSSIBLE to have decent mature discussions with such ignorance of the subject matter.

Old 08-05-2019, 05:40 AM

8,728 posts, read 6,231,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Government doesn't grant me rights, especially not the right of self defense with a firearm. I will NOT put myself at a disadvantage to armed criminals, nor an armed oppressive government. You can roll over. I won't. The Second Amendment is meaningless as government can't give, nor take away that right.
Roll over? Fascinating.

Rolling over is what inaction is. You think you're gliding down the highway when, in fact, you're slip sliding away.

Old 08-05-2019, 05:50 AM

8,728 posts, read 6,231,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
So do you have much of a gun collection? Just wondering if you have a dog in this hunt. The "takeover" you mention would be very bloody.
No it wouldn't. See my post 216.

And it would only happen in public places. Without cause, no one is going to invade your home to confiscate weapons.

Old 08-05-2019, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbiodude View Post
The idea here is keeping the federal government in check. If you have a voluntary local force that is functional and safe and run by local citizens that is very different than an army run under the president's command.

Why do you think that a well regulated militia doesn't mean a militia at all, but that it in fact means you can get a concealed carry permit and walk around public with guns? Or that you should be able to walk around a festival with an assault weapon? A regulated, functional militia is a local military force not an individual doing whatever they please.
"you can get a concealed carry permit" Why should we HAVE to get a PERMIT to exercise our right under he 2nd amendment "bear arms.....shall NOT be infringed"

"Or that you should be able to walk around a festival with an assault weapon?" In reality, there is NO SUCH THING as an "assault weapon". It is a MADE UP TERM by some anti-gun "journalist". Different state have come up with their OWN silly definitions and as we saw with the clinton "Assault Weapons Ban" went into affect, it had ZERO EFFECT on gun crimes.

Old 08-05-2019, 05:57 AM

18,816 posts, read 9,193,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Roll over? Fascinating.

Rolling over is what inaction is. You think you're gliding down the highway when, in fact, you're slip sliding away.
Yes, giving up your Natural Rights is rolling over. These guns are no more dangerous than any other, and when the crime doesn't stop, guess what? They will try to take all the others. This is EMOTIONAL crap.

Old 08-05-2019, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
Maybe 2A should only apply to guns at same level of reload time as when 2A became law. Which was 20 seconds per shot.
MAYBE you should read previous posts BEFORE making claims that show ignorance on the subject.

The SEMI-Auto, you do know what is is don't you?,was AROUND BEFORE the Constitution was ratified. PRIVATE citizens OWNED CANNONS AND WARSHIPS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or