U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2019, 07:15 PM

10,224 posts, read 4,774,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
26 people were killed and 20 wounded weren't they? The final report stated the murderer was shot twice by a bystander when he exited the church and fled in his sport utility until he crashed during a high-speed chase and died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head.
The police determined that the shooter had plans to go shoot people elsewhere. He crashed because a bystander was chasing him and shot him.

Old 08-04-2019, 07:21 PM

67,458 posts, read 34,387,852 times
Quote:
So what do we as responsible gun owners do about mass shootings?
Don't leave home without it.
Return fire is the last thing a shooter wants to hear.

Old 08-04-2019, 07:21 PM

10,193 posts, read 5,640,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankrj View Post
I'll get slammed by responsible gun owners for my ignorance.

What is the reason to sell or own an AR Assault Rifles & or modified high capacity gun?

How do they benefit people in a civilized society knowing there's numerous deranged people out there?

If anyone is caught owning one or more of these guns, they should face immediate felony jail term, fine and jail + fine any and all housemates where the weapon was stored. People need to know who they live with. These weapons in the wrong hands kill too many innocent lives. Just like illegal drugs kill people, the dealers or companies are fined & imprisoned. These illegal weapon makers of said guns/rifles should adhere to the same punishment.
No, I am not a liberal millennial, just a common-sense. Jeez. the Vegas concert incident didn't change much. I guess they need 200+ to die like they did in Paris nightclub to maybe do something. These reactive do nothing lawmakers make me sick.

This would not make any news if it was the lone shooter firing at gang members. Instead he goes after innocent decent people.

Where does the U.S. stand in terms of most violent societies worldwide? Tens of thousands of people are murdered here each year. I don't need to hear the per capita numbers.
AR does not mean assault rifle....it means Armalite.

Just got home from firing mine. It's a wonderful piece of engineering for among other things, when you are sighted on the target and you can't make the shot, you are experiencing fatigue, you can flick the safety from fire to safe, in the blink of an eye.

I got an opposite question for you, why are there some that want to keep the population 50-60 years in the technology past? What's this drive to keep people primitive?

I am reminded once when I was doing banking business and needed two forms of ID, so I produced my CHL. The banker complimented me, saying I should be the type to have such. Granted, he may just have been business socialable.

It goes both ways, however, this knowing who is armed.

Old 08-04-2019, 07:30 PM

19,255 posts, read 9,829,433 times
Quote:
I'll get slammed by responsible gun owners for my ignorance.

What is the reason to sell or own an AR Assault Rifles & or modified high capacity gun?
I don’t have anybody to back me up, I can’t afford security. Obviously I would need the best tool and maximum capacity if I have to face any assailants.

Why do police need full auto AR15s and high capacity magazines while they have all the backup in the world and they have armors?

Quote:
How do they benefit people in a civilized society knowing there's numerous deranged people out there?
Why are deranged people roaming around the streets? Shouldn’t they be in a prison or a hospital?

Quote:
If anyone is caught owning one or more of these guns, they should face immediate felony jail term, fine and jail + fine any and all housemates where the weapon was stored. People need to know who they live with. These weapons in the wrong hands kill too many innocent lives. Just like illegal drugs kill people, the dealers or companies are fined & imprisoned. These illegal weapon makers of said guns/rifles should adhere to the same punishment.
What? What crime do I commit when I merely own some stuff?

Quote:
No, I am not a liberal millennial, just a common-sense. Jeez. the Vegas concert incident didn't change much. I guess they need 200+ to die like they did in Paris nightclub to maybe do something. These reactive do nothing lawmakers make me sick.
You surely sound like one.

Quote:
This would not make any news if it was the lone shooter firing at gang members. Instead he goes after innocent decent people.
What? What’s the difference? Drive by shootings aren’t aimed at gang members.

Quote:
Where does the U.S. stand in terms of most violent societies worldwide? Tens of thousands of people are murdered here each year. I don't need to hear the per capita numbers.
There are only about 8000 murders each year and most of them are in the Democrats plantations.

Old 08-04-2019, 07:42 PM

3,405 posts, read 987,188 times
don't ignore all the mass killings that go on in other countries...and a lot of them have very strict gun laws...and they still have mass killings....it's not the guns, dynamite...what ever

3,068 posts, read 3,192,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
I donít have anybody to back me up, I canít afford security. Obviously I would need the best tool and maximum capacity if I have to face any assailants.

Why do police need full auto AR15s and high capacity magazines while they have all the backup in the world and they have armors?

Why are deranged people roaming around the streets? Shouldnít they be in a prison or a hospital?

What? What crime do I commit when I merely own some stuff?

You surely sound like one.

What? Whatís the difference? Drive by shootings arenít aimed at gang members.

There are only about 8000 murders each year and most of them are in the Democrats plantations.

2,540 posts, read 690,304 times
Quote:
So what do we as responsible gun owners do about mass shootings?

If I were in a conversation with someone who genuinely asked me this question, this is what I would say:

Join other Americans, if you have not already done so, and pledge to transform this latest national sorrow into effective action. Let's stop this horror from being normal in the USA.

Call on your legislators to take action to combat gun violence. Ask them to enact a ban on sales of military-style assault rifles, as well as high-capacity magazines.

Ask your legislators to make background checks mandatory.

Help other Americans remove these weapons of war from our streets. The only purpose of these instruments is to kill as many people as possible, and they are not needed to hunt or protect oneself, as responsible gun owners understand.

Ask the administration to convene a comprehensive study or panel on gun violence, one which includes a wide array of scientific expertise including those from medicine, law enforcement, the CDC etc.

Demand your legislators free themselves from the gun lobby.

Look for more solutions and consider those that may come from others, despite their political persuasion, because this American terror is not a partisan issue.

Support leaders who speak to the better angels of our nature and seek to unite America rather than divide it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post

Speaking of incorrect.

This shows that you know very little about guns.
Background checks are already mandatory.
Military "assault weapons" have been illegal since 1934.
I never said I knew anything about guns. The thread asked what responsible gun owners should do about mass shootings. I offered my thoughts to any gun owner who might genuinely ask me the question posed in the thread's title.

Since you scoff at my opinions, what solutions do you offer to Americans? How would you join fellow citizens to achieve effective action? What would you do to help the USA stop this horror from being normal?

Old 08-04-2019, 07:44 PM

10,224 posts, read 4,774,682 times
Quote:
I never said I knew anything about guns. The thread asked what responsible gun owners should do about mass shootings. I offered my thoughts to any gun owner who might genuinely ask me the question posed in the thread's title.

What solutions do you offer to Americans? How would you join fellow citizens to achieve effective action? What would you do to help the USA stop this horror from being normal?
Mental health care.

Old 08-04-2019, 07:49 PM

2,954 posts, read 2,777,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Mental health care.
Same thing Trump said today. Now what he plans to do about it is anybody's guess.

Old 08-04-2019, 07:50 PM

3,068 posts, read 3,192,149 times
Responsible gun owners need do nothing....how about responsible lawmakers enforce the laws they have already made? Thatíd be a good place to start, then we can talk about reopening the looney bins. One of the things Reagan messed up on, still love yah Ronnie!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or