U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2019, 10:35 AM

30,873 posts, read 15,891,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Do you feel the same things occurred with Bill Clinton, GW Bush, and Obama were president.... Or are you just too focused on being a victim of "the left" to realize that this is a problem that is decades old in America and it not based upon politicians themselves, but the ability for maniacal persons to be able to willy nilly obtain weapons that can murder a significant amount of people within a minute.
So, it's the weapons that are causing manians to want to kill people?

If you believe this, you'd be wrong.

Old 08-06-2019, 10:36 AM

2,168 posts, read 467,033 times
Quote:
Do you feel the same things occurred with Bill Clinton, GW Bush, and Obama were president.... Or are you just too focused on being a victim of "the left" to realize that this is a problem that is decades old in America and it not based upon politicians themselves, but the ability for maniacal persons to be able to willy nilly obtain weapons that can murder a significant amount of people within a minute.
Yes, you are correct. The left has been dividing to conquer the U.S. and the American people for DECADES.

Last edited by Open-D; 08-06-2019 at 11:08 AM..

Old 08-06-2019, 10:38 AM

35,941 posts, read 32,677,803 times
Quote:
Promote the licensing of weapons like we do cars/trucks with levels of licensing standards.

My family are gun owners. I support licenses for all gun owners similar to having to obtain education and a license to drive a vehicle.

There should be levels of licensing depending on the type of weapons one intends to purchase. Some weapons should definitely be more difficult to obtain than others, especially the types that are typically used in mass shooting events.
CA has this and a 4 year old could pass it.

Old 08-06-2019, 10:41 AM

5,763 posts, read 2,130,403 times
It's time for all good patriots to tell the NRA to go straight to hell. I mean that seriously.

It's time to pass a universal background check requirement. No loopholes, no gun show exceptions.

It's time to pass an assault weapons ban. No semi-automatic weapons.

I also believe in mandatory gun registration. If you have to register your car, there's no reason people can't register their guns.

Old 08-06-2019, 10:44 AM

6,524 posts, read 3,643,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
It's time for all good patriots to tell the NRA to go straight to hell. I mean that seriously.

It's time to pass a universal background check requirement. No loopholes, no gun show exceptions.

I also believe in mandatory gun registration. If you have to register your car, there's no reason people can't register their guns.
Thank you for sharing your opinion. I particularly enjoy the very official tone to them. You must be a very important person. Rofl.

Old 08-06-2019, 10:49 AM

30,387 posts, read 16,744,047 times
Quote:

Affirmative on the NRA, but negative on the rest the post.

Old 08-06-2019, 10:52 AM

10,195 posts, read 5,644,010 times
Quote:

Why do you want to take, force people to live in the 1950's or even worse, before 1911? Why do you want people to have to use technology that goes back to two centuries before?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M1911_pistol

Old 08-06-2019, 10:54 AM

2,168 posts, read 467,033 times
Quote:

Never. The NRA is America's preeminent Civil Rights organization. Perhaps you should take your own advice

I do agree, however, it is time to ban your right to speak, write, opine or go to church.

BTW, there is no legal requirement to Register your car. Lots of cars are unregistered. They just can't be driven on public streets.

Old 08-06-2019, 11:06 AM

23,129 posts, read 17,112,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumann Koch View Post
'See something, say something' can quickly turn into denunciation, where the accused is guilty before due process.

"See something, say something" has also caused a lot of people who did major problems in their lives when it went online and people ridiculed them for the call that they made.

You can't tell people to "see something, say something", and then in the next breath give them hell when they do just that.

Old 08-06-2019, 11:08 AM

10,195 posts, read 5,644,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Lot's of people seem to feel that concealed carry would solve these mass shootings with the idea that "The only defense against a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun".

Can someone explain to me how a Walmart, in Texas no less, with three thousand people there and no one used their weapon against the shooter? All those concealed carry folks from gun happy Texas, and nobody took their weapon out and tried to take out the attacker.
Can anyone here name one mass shooting in the last 2.5 years that was stopped by a citizen using his CCW weapon?

No you can't...……..So much for the good guy with a gun theory, eh?
Clever!

Wasn't it you who asked the other day for an example and I gave you one? If so, now you have tighten up the question.

HOWEVER, since you asked nicely......
https://www.conservapedia.com/Mass_s...armed_citizens
.........there you go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or