U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2019, 11:56 AM

4,954 posts, read 998,578 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
Exactly my point. But then again, that will really stir the pot up so to speak. I can just see it now.

Gov't Agent: Welcome Mr Smith, You submitted your application for Federal firearm licensing and complete background check.

Mr Smith: Yes sir. All I have is one rifle I go deer hunting with every fall. Now that i'm retired, I've really had the time to enjoy hunting again and try and get out whenever I can. I love hunting but i'm not one of those AR-15 loving gun nuts that's for sure. I'm glad to see this country taking steps to keep guns out of the hands of those that shouldn't have them! People that own 50 guns are nuts and should have their head examined! If this is what it takes to make the country safer then I am all for it!

Gov't Agent: Your background check came back. I see here you were cited for smoking weed in 1969?

Mr Smith: Uh, what? I was 18 then. That was 50 years ago!

Gov't Agent: Mr Smith, your license is denied and you are now deemed a prohibited person. You have 30 days to turn in, or sell your hunting rifle and submit evidence that it has been done or a warrant will be issued for your arrest. Do you understand?

Mr Smith:
You have quite the imagination.

Old 08-08-2019, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
There is supposed to be a huge black market selling semi auto rifles there.
Not from what my friends from there, all hunters, tell me.

Old 08-08-2019, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The culture of moral decay
No mass shooter knew Christ.
Nor does anyone else who isn't 2100 or so years old, and that is only if the melding of Mithra, Persephone, Dionysus, Osiris, and a few others from around the Middle East area were rolled into the Christ figure only after the Council of Nicea.

History. Something magats are not big on.

Old 08-08-2019, 12:06 PM

10,249 posts, read 4,777,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Quite possible legally. And here in Missouri where medical pot was just legalized, people have been warned that their rights to have a gun are in jeopardy if they sign up.

Old 08-08-2019, 12:07 PM

10,249 posts, read 4,777,431 times
Quote:
Well, I am just going on news media reports from there, cities on the southern coast are the entrance point.

https://sites.psu.edu/kalavritinosgu...-black-market/

"Civilians now have a very hard time obtaining firearms in Australis, but the criminal market for these weapons has exploded. It is common for authorities to find that “Motorcycle gang members and convicted criminals barred from buying guns in South Australia have no difficulty obtaining illegal firearms – including fully automatic weapons”. Furthermore, The New Daily—an Australian newspaper—recently gained access to unpublished data on firearm offences which showed an increase in crime “Including a massive 83 per cent increase in firearms offences in NSW between 2005/06 and 2014/15, and an even bigger jump in Victoria over the same period”.

Old 08-08-2019, 12:08 PM

10,199 posts, read 5,644,010 times
Quote:
Well, just remember, that in a bureaucracy, it is far easier to ask forgiveness than it is to ask permission.

If someone has power over you to let you do something but that if in giving that clearance, something bad happens that could shine badly on them, odds are they will lean on the side of caution and say no.

Last edited by TamaraSavannah; 08-08-2019 at 12:38 PM..

Old 08-08-2019, 12:35 PM

4,504 posts, read 1,158,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
Importing immigrants is what those who "embrace hate" do. Objecting to that is natural and right.
Mexicans have a problem with racism too.

https://www.theguardian.com/global/v...-caravan-video

Quote:
Hundreds of residents of the Mexican border city of Tijuana protest the thousands of Central American migrants who have arrived in the hope of starting a new life in the US. On Sunday, local residents waved Mexican flags, sang the national anthem and chanted 'Out! Out!' At one point, police formed a barrier between the Central American migrants and protesting locals. Protesters have called the migrant caravan an 'invasion' and are accusing the migrants of being messy, ungrateful and a danger to Tijuana. They are concerned Mexican taxes might be spent to care for the group as they wait, possibly months, to apply for asylum in the US

Which begs the question: why are liberals so eager to flood America with people that harbor such anti-immigrant, racist points of view??

I would say they are far more racist than the average American. Yet liberals still want them here.

Old 08-08-2019, 12:38 PM

35,963 posts, read 32,677,803 times
Quote:
https://10daily.com.au/news/crime/a1...ralia-20190114

I doubt it the hunters doing it. There were hundreds of thousands of them before so they are still there.

Last edited by 1AngryTaxPayer; 08-08-2019 at 01:06 PM..

Old 08-08-2019, 12:59 PM

9,805 posts, read 10,667,043 times
Quote:
Not really. I'm from MA. That little scenario plays out all the time where someone has an old possession of drug paraphilia offense they forgot about that rears it's head when they decide at 50 years old, they want to buy a gun to do some hunting or trap shooting.

If they have money, at that point they lawyer up and about $15K in legal fees later...they might be able to get a license.

Old 08-08-2019, 01:09 PM

337 posts, read 320,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
Not really. I'm from MA. That little scenario plays out all the time where someone has an old possession of drug paraphilia offense they forgot about that rears it's head when they decide at 50 years old, they want to buy a gun to do some hunting or trap shooting.

If they have money, at that point they lawyer up and about $15K in legal fees later...they might be able to get a license.
Happened to several individuals I know in CT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or