U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-20-2019, 04:31 AM
 
Location: Midwest City, Oklahoma
8,142 posts, read 4,783,926 times
Reputation: 2896

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysr_racer View Post
I'm at a loss here.
Why do people want to kill each other? Are these shooters crazy or just angry? Why are so many people so angry?

 
Old 08-20-2019, 04:48 AM
 
Location: the Sticks
9,356 posts, read 2,650,240 times
Reputation: 4989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Why do people want to kill each other? Are these shooters crazy or just angry? Why are so many people so angry?
Frustration. Being called names, labeled, mommy didn't love them enough, not enough hugs from daddy and couldn't get a date to the prom.

I think people have lost family values like respect for your family, respect for your parents. Respect for authority in general. Some people just dont care what shame they bring to their families.

Too many parents adopted the BFF method of parenting.
Participation trophies do little to prepare kids for a world where you dont get a trophy just for showing up. They flat out struggle with reality. I have seen my share of young adults completely melt down when confronted for poor performance.

I dont think that it is any 1 thing, but an accumulation of many. The last 10 years everyone has seen an escalation in class warfare and finger pointing.
 
Old 08-20-2019, 05:11 AM
 
Location: Texas
27,300 posts, read 11,466,505 times
Reputation: 6298
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Frustration. Being called names, labeled, mommy didn't love them enough, not enough hugs from daddy and couldn't get a date to the prom.

I think people have lost family values like respect for your family, respect for your parents. Respect for authority in general. Some people just dont care what shame they bring to their families.

Too many parents adopted the BFF method of parenting.
Participation trophies do little to prepare kids for a world where you dont get a trophy just for showing up. They flat out struggle with reality. I have seen my share of young adults completely melt down when confronted for poor performance.

I dont think that it is any 1 thing, but an accumulation of many. The last 10 years everyone has seen an escalation in class warfare and finger pointing.
The welfare state has encouraged parents to not work and to not stay together and raise their children. The single parenthood rate has gone up by quite a bit since LBJ instituted his war on poverty which was based on lies and deceit.
 
Old 08-20-2019, 05:26 AM
 
34,872 posts, read 42,090,251 times
Reputation: 30265
Quote:
Originally Posted by ysr_racer View Post
I'm at a loss here.
You just accept the fact that America is a gun obcessed culture and with more guns out there than people all to frequently some nut job is going to take his gun and kill as many people as possible. its just the way it is in the USA.
 
Old 08-20-2019, 05:29 AM
 
34,872 posts, read 42,090,251 times
Reputation: 30265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
The welfare state has encouraged parents to not work and to not stay together and raise their children. The single parenthood rate has gone up by quite a bit since LBJ instituted his war on poverty which was based on lies and deceit.
Not much of a welfare state if theres only 5% unemployment meaning 95% of people are working.
 
Old 08-20-2019, 05:32 AM
 
Location: Texas
27,300 posts, read 11,466,505 times
Reputation: 6298
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Not much of a welfare state if theres only 5% unemployment meaning 95% of people are working.
Then why is food stamp usage 33% higher than before the crash while the population has grown ~9%.

A few years ago, for the first time ever, a majority of school children are on free or assisted lunches. Why aren't the parents feeding their kids if they get food stamps?
Answer - Why feed your kids when someone else will?
 
Old 08-20-2019, 07:21 AM
 
Location: San Diego
36,022 posts, read 32,716,172 times
Reputation: 20347
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
You just accept the fact that America is a gun obcessed culture and with more guns out there than people all to frequently some nut job is going to take his gun and kill as many people as possible. its just the way it is in the USA.
Yet you still have a bigger chance of dying from a hail stone to the head than in a mass shooting.
 
Old 08-20-2019, 09:17 AM
 
5,032 posts, read 1,012,843 times
Reputation: 2744
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Yet you still have a bigger chance of dying from a hail stone to the head than in a mass shooting.
Yeah, that ain't true. Couldn't find even one person killed by a hail stone in the USA in the last decade. Not. Even. One.

On average, one person a day in the USA died in mass shootings just in 2018! 373 killed, 365 days in a year.

Try being honest in your assertions.
 
Old 08-20-2019, 09:41 AM
 
10,303 posts, read 4,793,353 times
Reputation: 5676
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Frustration. Being called names, labeled, mommy didn't love them enough, not enough hugs from daddy and couldn't get a date to the prom.

I think people have lost family values like respect for your family, respect for your parents. Respect for authority in general. Some people just dont care what shame they bring to their families.

Too many parents adopted the BFF method of parenting.
Participation trophies do little to prepare kids for a world where you dont get a trophy just for showing up. They flat out struggle with reality. I have seen my share of young adults completely melt down when confronted for poor performance.

I dont think that it is any 1 thing, but an accumulation of many. The last 10 years everyone has seen an escalation in class warfare and finger pointing.
Very true, here they lash out. In Japan, if they can't succeed they commit suicide.
 
Old 08-20-2019, 09:46 AM
 
5,032 posts, read 1,012,843 times
Reputation: 2744
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Or the % blaming Trump for everything, if we are going to be honest.

Where did I say USA? Be honest.


And just for you https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...dly_hailstorms
Yes, now show me in that list of an American killed by a hailstone that hit their head in the last decade. Go ahead..... we'll wait.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top