U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 08-21-2019, 02:02 PM
 
Location: 130 Miles E of Sacramento
5,546 posts, read 3,368,018 times
Reputation: 3705

Advertisements


 
Old 08-21-2019, 03:56 PM
 
Location: Midwest City, Oklahoma
8,145 posts, read 4,779,113 times
Reputation: 2896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Canada is pretty diverse. Isn't Toronto like half Asian? I know Vancouver has a ton of Asian people.
A few major cities are majority non-white, but the rest of the country is still almost 100% white. And most of the non-white immigration didn't begin until a few decades ago. Vancouver is basically China now. China came in and bought up all the real-estate when they got rich and Canada was happy to take their money. Same thing has been happening in Australia, causing housing prices to skyrocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Like New Zealand, one mass shooting by a white terrorist lead to immediate change in gun laws. New Zealand is a wonderful place, so I would be happy if Canada was like it, and it already is, in many ways. I'm planning a hunting trip to New Zealand for next year.
They changed the gun laws but will that stop someone from going on a shooting spree? And what are the motivations for these mass-shootings?


I wish you would read some of the manifestos of these "white terrorists". Though in the case of New Zealand they made it illegal to even look at it. In New Zealand, even sharing the manifesto online can get you 20 years in prison. Why?

I read all of the manifestos, and if you did, you would realize that not only are they not crazy, but you're surrounded by people who basically feel much the same way as the shooters. Probably a full 20% of the people in this country are potential mass-shooters. And that is why the manifestos are so dangerous and have to be banned.


I'm never shocked when a mass-shooting happens, I'm shocked that they don't happen more than they do. You have a lot of angry people in this country, and the whole world for that matter, and they seem to be getting angrier.

Last edited by Redshadowz; 08-21-2019 at 04:11 PM..
 
Old 08-21-2019, 04:52 PM
 
20,532 posts, read 11,453,072 times
Reputation: 20749
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Incels are a pretty big percentage. Remember, the Parkland school shooter was angry that his "girlfriend" was dating another and he lashed out at her.
There have always been high school "incels." Lots of guys didn't get any sex or even have girlfriends in high school. But in the past, even those guys had to get out into life anyway, and they generally learned to deal with people in various settings and they learned basic social etiquette until they found a girl in their natural setting.

Social media has created a permanent incels. These are guys who never go anywhere to do anything and never learn basic social etiquette. They are, indeed, essentially jerks. There are so many of them now because social media encourages it. And at the same time, social media teaches them that every guy should get a girl that's a 10 (the way it teaches girls they they should all be a 10).
 
Old 08-21-2019, 05:19 PM
 
Location: Midwest City, Oklahoma
8,145 posts, read 4,779,113 times
Reputation: 2896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
There have always been high school "incels." Lots of guys didn't get any sex or even have girlfriends in high school. But in the past, even those guys had to get out into life anyway, and they generally learned to deal with people in various settings and they learned basic social etiquette until they found a girl in their natural setting.

Social media has created a permanent incels. These are guys who never go anywhere to do anything and never learn basic social etiquette. They are, indeed, essentially jerks. There are so many of them now because social media encourages it. And at the same time, social media teaches them that every guy should get a girl that's a 10 (the way it teaches girls they they should all be a 10).
I don't know if every guy who prefers to play video games than to go out and socialize is an incel. Incel means involuntarily celibate, and the actual number of incels is very very small.


What these guys actually have in common is a kind of misogyny. It isn't that they are incapable of getting a girlfriend, but that they basically don't want one. They think women are a bunch of whores and social-justice types who will cheat on them and take them for alimony and child support.

It isn't that they want a "10" in terms of looks. They just don't want some used-up ***** with multiple "baby-daddies"(which is basically a 10 these days).


They see a broken system, and playing video games appears far "safer" and even "better" than slaving the rest of your life for a bunch of garbage women. But video games cannot stave off the loneliness. They just allow you to not think about it, for a while.

At some point reality again comes into focus, and you can either accept it and make the best out of a ****ty world, or you can reject it and be angry.


And as the saying goes, fear the man with nothing to lose.
 
Old 08-21-2019, 05:47 PM
 
4,940 posts, read 995,961 times
Reputation: 2697
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
A few major cities are majority non-white, but the rest of the country is still almost 100% white. And most of the non-white immigration didn't begin until a few decades ago. Vancouver is basically China now. China came in and bought up all the real-estate when they got rich and Canada was happy to take their money. Same thing has been happening in Australia, causing housing prices to skyrocket.



They changed the gun laws but will that stop someone from going on a shooting spree? And what are the motivations for these mass-shootings?


I wish you would read some of the manifestos of these "white terrorists". Though in the case of New Zealand they made it illegal to even look at it. In New Zealand, even sharing the manifesto online can get you 20 years in prison. Why?

I read all of the manifestos, and if you did, you would realize that not only are they not crazy, but you're surrounded by people who basically feel much the same way as the shooters. Probably a full 20% of the people in this country are potential mass-shooters. And that is why the manifestos are so dangerous and have to be banned.


I'm never shocked when a mass-shooting happens, I'm shocked that they don't happen more than they do. You have a lot of angry people in this country, and the whole world for that matter, and they seem to be getting angrier.
So, there is something in the American DNA that causes enough anger to kill many people, where as the civilized world doesn't have that problem. The Civilised World like Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Europe, India, Pakistan, South Africa, South America.. .you know, almost any other country in the world.

Or maybe, just maybe, it's time to get real gun laws into place that constrain who gets firearms, how much ammo that gun can use at one time, require training, and safe storage.

But, naaaaa... "Y'all steppin' on me 2nd Amendment thing".

Give your collective heads a shake. You can dance all you want that it is mental health, video games or some other irrelevant garbage. The problem is too many guns that have too much firing capacity. Period.

The rest of the world has video games and mental health issues. They don't have mass shootings.
 
Old 08-21-2019, 05:50 PM
 
Location: The 719
14,720 posts, read 22,617,534 times
Reputation: 13974
Quote:
Originally Posted by ysr_racer View Post
I'm at a loss here.

I'm concerned about abortions.
 
Old 08-21-2019, 05:54 PM
 
Location: Denver, CO
8,776 posts, read 2,032,156 times
Reputation: 1731
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
So, there is something in the American DNA that causes enough anger to kill many people, where as the civilized world doesn't have that problem. The Civilised World like Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Europe, India, Pakistan, South Africa, South America.. .you know, almost any other country in the world.

Or maybe, just maybe, it's time to get real gun laws into place that constrain who gets firearms, how much ammo that gun can use at one time, require training, and safe storage.

But, naaaaa... "Y'all steppin' on me 2nd Amendment thing".

Give your collective heads a shake. You can dance all you want that it is mental health, video games or some other irrelevant garbage. The problem is too many guns that have too much firing capacity. Period.

The rest of the world has video games and mental health issues. They don't have mass shootings.
Abolish the military and completely disarm cops and the entire U.S government first.
 
Old 08-21-2019, 06:13 PM
 
20,532 posts, read 11,453,072 times
Reputation: 20749
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
So, there is something in the American DNA that causes enough anger to kill many people, where as the civilized world doesn't have that problem. The Civilised World like Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Europe, India, Pakistan, South Africa, South America.. .you know, almost any other country in the world.
There is something in the American DNA that causes enough anger to kill.

Look at all other homicide statistics. The US leads the industrialized world in all methods of homicide. Whatever way there is to kill someone, Americans do them all more merrily than Europeans.

Europeans weren't so merry to shoot each other even before they laid strict gun laws into place. Europeans were able to pass such laws because they weren't so interested in shooting each other.

The strict gun laws in Europe didn't fix a severe problem, they were just definitive statements of where their heads already were. If Europe didn't have strict gun laws, there would still be a massive difference in shooting deaths compared to the US.

Americans have a severe indifference to human deaths. This is reflected in attitudes on both ends of political spectrum. Both sides of the aisle are more concerned about supporting their ideologies than who might suffer under them.

This is the reason the US still has capital punishment. It's the reason the US doesn't have universal health care. It's the reason the US is so easily roused to war.

Yes, there is something in the American DNA that causes enough anger to kill.
 
Old 08-21-2019, 06:16 PM
 
20,532 posts, read 11,453,072 times
Reputation: 20749
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
I don't know if every guy who prefers to play video games than to go out and socialize is an incel. Incel means involuntarily celibate, and the actual number of incels is very very small.


What these guys actually have in common is a kind of misogyny. It isn't that they are incapable of getting a girlfriend, but that they basically don't want one. They think women are a bunch of whores and social-justice types who will cheat on them and take them for alimony and child support.

It isn't that they want a "10" in terms of looks. They just don't want some used-up ***** with multiple "baby-daddies"(which is basically a 10 these days).


They see a broken system, and playing video games appears far "safer" and even "better" than slaving the rest of your life for a bunch of garbage women. But video games cannot stave off the loneliness. They just allow you to not think about it, for a while.

At some point reality again comes into focus, and you can either accept it and make the best out of a ****ty world, or you can reject it and be angry.


And as the saying goes, fear the man with nothing to lose.
I don't in general disagree with you, except that I'd merely add your points to mine.

I do disagree that an incel couldn't find a nice girl without children if he weren't looking for a first date that ran like a porno movie.
 
Old 08-21-2019, 07:07 PM
 
4,940 posts, read 995,961 times
Reputation: 2697
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Abolish the military and completely disarm cops and the entire U.S government first.
The rest of the world doesn't have the mass shootings the USA has. Both the civilized, and those you know, @@@@hole countries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top