U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2019, 11:55 AM

1,554 posts, read 346,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Obey the laws and don't commit crimes.

You cannot control the behavior of crazy people.
It really is that simple.

Old 08-04-2019, 11:56 AM

7,515 posts, read 1,726,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ysr_racer View Post
I'm at a loss here.
Not much we can do. Protect your home and family as best you can.

I'm not much into guns, I've got some hunting rifles, that's about it. But I am seriously considering going to get a pistol and take a CCW class so I can start carrying.

These recent shootings are being carried out by a fringe group of conservative extremists, and they do not represent the 99% of responsible, safe gun owners.

Old 08-04-2019, 12:00 PM

11,284 posts, read 2,953,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Until someone decides owning or wanting to own a gun is a mental illness in itself.
Dont think it can happen? Listen to the crazy that is emanating from the mouths of present day,would be presidential contenders...or the leftist professors who help mold young minds
That is where they ultimately want public opinion to be....it takes time to 'manipulate' pubic opinion though, thats what we are seeing now with all the mass shootings, with every new one, more and more people are changing their minds and giving in to tyrannical levels of gun control, even door kicking in, house to house searches, looking for guns!

Old 08-04-2019, 12:15 PM

19,255 posts, read 9,832,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
I’m sorry, I know I’m babbling a bit. My apologies!

On this topic, i have very strong feelings that parents are the first and most important gauge for the health of their children. If you are engaged and spending time with your kids, if you are aware of their activities and friends, then you can tell when things begin to go amiss.
If everyone of us can be a responsible parent, there would be a much better society.

Old 08-04-2019, 12:20 PM

30,393 posts, read 16,744,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
That is where they ultimately want public opinion to be....it takes time to 'manipulate' pubic opinion though, thats what we are seeing now with all the mass shootings, with every new one, more and more people are changing their minds and giving in to tyrannical levels of gun control, even door kicking in, house to house searches, looking for guns!
Yes and they already do it now for unapproved substances that only pose harm to the end user.

Old 08-04-2019, 12:25 PM

8,890 posts, read 5,543,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Yes, they are VERY rare.
How many this week, this month, this year?

Old 08-04-2019, 12:33 PM

5,339 posts, read 3,814,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post
It really is that simple.
Yeah it is.

I live in a town where the newspaper publishes pictures of a group of local kids holding rifles, who placed in state FFA competitions. I live in a town that has signs outside all the schools warning that school staff are armed. Where citizens are allowed to either open or concealed carry, and both are common. Where more people are armed than not.

I was a single mother for a long time, raising two boys. I don't remember how it started, but we made a tradition out of watching the movies Terminator I and Terminator II every Christmas Day. I remember being a young mother of two beautiful little blond haired boys and thinking that I didn't want my darlings playing with "weapons of war". And then I watched these same loved and cherished sons turn combs and hair dryers and sticks and Christmas candy canes into guns and "bazookas". I watched them draw pictures of fighter planes that dropped bombs onto tanks on the ground, and I listened as they made the noises as they drew each dropping bomb until eventually the tank exploded. And I listened to the explosion noises they made as they drew it all on paper.

And I realized that boys are not the same as girls - they're hard wired differently - they are evolutionary-genetically different. And that "playing war" doesn't hurt my children as long as they are taught responsibility, respect, self-respect, self control, and as long as they know that they are unconditionally loved. Which they were.

My husband is a military combat veteran. A medically retired law enforcement officer who was severely injured during an ambush attack. All before I met him. But a firearm has saved his life. More than once. Much more often than once. He is never unarmed. Never.

We live in a part of the country that has bear, mountain lion and rattlesnakes everywhere on state and federal lands - and occasionally even in town.

I fully and completely support the 2A. And I will not ever apologize or excuse make or shrink from that support.

Old 08-04-2019, 12:51 PM

19,672 posts, read 17,712,424 times
Given Sandy Hook and Las Vegas and the DC baseball shooting, I say we need to turn our attention to the Deep State. These aren't all random crazies shooting places up, these are people who are either programmed or set up as patsies while the real psychopaths kill people for political reasons. Maybe these last three were random crazies, maybe not. One we can talk to and find out. Guys like Jeffrey Epstein are the tip of the ice berg, they're into human trafficking, pedophilia, gun running, drugs, murders, assassinations.

Old 08-04-2019, 12:58 PM

1,718 posts, read 846,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Promote more states to allow legal carry for the law abiding. Encourage the law abiding to get their carry permits and carry a firearm. Get rid of gun free zones like the CA garlic festival and retail stores that ban guns. These shooting are RARE and overall very few people die each year from them. More people die by far from inner city black on black violence, but it seems black lives don't matter after all, because nobody tries to stop that.
The El Paso shooting was in Texas and open carry state , it didn’t help.

Old 08-04-2019, 01:01 PM

10,224 posts, read 4,777,431 times
Everyone keeps ignoring the facts. Most mass shootings, 4 people or more are shot, happen to be black on black. Young black men, a very small percent of the population, commit over 50% of all murders. We legal gun owners can do nothing about that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or