Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2019, 01:37 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,212,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
Then why are you CCW if it's not an effective tactic?

I just got off the horn with one of my El Paso associates. If the WalMart in question has a 30-06 or 30-07 sign posted, a CCW or open carry is not permitted. In addition to the signage, the person who is in possession of a weapon must have a valid permit to carry.

So at that specific WalMart where the shooting took place, no one legally could carry a firearm onto the premises if 1) 30-06, 30-07 signage is posted and/or 2) they do not lave a valid permit to carry.
Criminals and bats**t crazy people don’t follow laws.

Old 08-06-2019, 01:40 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
For the record, in Texas you have to post the official Texas 30.06 Sign (great sign number) that prohibits weapons. If you do not post the Official sign, it doesn't matter what sign you post someone can carry a Concealed Firearm on premise unless it's one of the restricted Buildings like a Courthouse.

You can put up No Guns, No Weapon signs all day long but if it's not this sign I can carry my weapon in your store.

Last edited by Rakin; 08-06-2019 at 05:42 PM..

Old 08-06-2019, 01:43 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ysr_racer View Post
So what do we as responsible gun owners do about mass shootings?
Return Fire.

Old 08-06-2019, 01:44 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,616,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Why do you want to take, force people to live in the 1950's or even worse, before 1911? Why do you want people to have to use technology that goes back to two centuries before?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M1911_pistol

Indeed. Whats up with that? My AR 15 is functionally no different than any other semi auto minus the ergonomics. The same tech that cn be applied to an AR can be applied with any semi auto and any other type of firearm as well.

Classifying the AR and other service type rifles as "assault weapons" is erroneous and inflating it's capabilities over all other types of firearms is misinformed at best. Unfortunately service type rifles especially the AR have been the choice of wackos for shooting up places.

Thus it's being put out there that we citizens cannot be trusted with rifles of this type. Some even believe we should be limited to flintlock muskets.

Old 08-06-2019, 01:48 PM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Indeed. Whats up with that? My AR 15 is functionally no different than any other semi auto minus the ergonomics. The same tech that cn be applied to an AR can be applied with any semi auto and any other type of firearm as well.

Classifying the AR and other service type rifles as "assault weapons" is erroneous and inflating it's capabilities over all other types of firearms is misinformed at best. Unfortunately service type rifles especially the AR have been the choice of wackos for shooting up places.

Thus it's being put out there that we citizens cannot be trusted with rifles of this type. Some even believe we should be limited to flintlock muskets.
My old 740 has a 20 round mag and is .30-06!

Old 08-06-2019, 01:48 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
someone can carry a Concealed Firearm on premise unless it's one of the restricted Buildings like a Courthouse.

Texas law, is "The Courtroom" The public areas in the courthouse are conceal and open carry areas.
Not even a Judge can order no firearms in the building's common public areas.

Old 08-06-2019, 01:52 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Texas law, is "The Courtroom" The public areas in the courthouse are conceal and open carry areas.
Not even a Judge can order no firearms in the building's common public areas.
I went to the Texas State Capitol Building a few years ago. They had metal detectors and a line of people to go through Security.

They also had an Express line for people that had a CCL license. I just walked on through with no Metal Detection and just showing my Handgun License. I guess they figure if you pass the FBI Background check and qualify, you must be one of the good guys. God I love Texas and a damn good reason to shut down baby Beto.

Old 08-06-2019, 02:01 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,657,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
Then why are you CCW if it's not an effective tactic?

I just got off the horn with one of my El Paso associates. If the WalMart in question has a 30-06 or 30-07 sign posted, a CCW or open carry is not permitted. In addition to the signage, the person who is in possession of a weapon must have a valid permit to carry.

So at that specific WalMart where the shooting took place, no one legally could carry a firearm onto the premises if 1) 30-06, 30-07 signage is posted and/or 2) they do not lave a valid permit to carry.
As I stated. CCW is for close defensive situations. Even in my firearm classes it is advised NOT to try and take out a mass shooter. And based on the results of many mass shootings, people with CCW who are in that situation agree.

when I was researching whether that walmart was a gun free zone, one of the answers I got was that it is not posted with the Texas law 30-06, or 30-07 which is the property owner's required posting if they want to ban all firearms in their establishment. But in that particular store and other Texas stores, a manager can demand to see an open carry persons permit to carry and if they don't have one they can be ejected or arrested for trespassing.

That's the latest info I got.

From my classes, most deadly self defense confrontations happen at 25 feet or less. Bullet placement is more important than caliber and the best gun to have in a gunfight is the one you have on you.

The instructors teach the average citizen applying for a permit, to avoid trying to take out a mass shooter unless he gives you a one in a million close up head shot from his blind spot. Otherwise get your family and your self out of there any way you can and if the shooter starts to draw a bead on you empty you gun at him and run like hell.

Old 08-06-2019, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
And they're not even hot but dang it, they are SOOOOOO GOOD. You can buy the sauce by the bottle so of course I am stocked up! I bet your husband could order some online if he can't get to a Schlotskys!
Maybe I'll eat my hat, right or wrong, just to try some of that tasty sauce you all are raving about.

Old 08-06-2019, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
That doesn't make much sense. "Lost in El Paso?" so where where did he intend to be after driving 10 hours south from Allen?

Didn't he know he was going to see a lot more Latinos in a border town than in Allen?

"Whoa! A whole lot of Mexicans in this store only a mile from the Mexican border! I sure didn't expect that!"

No, I don't expect he picked that Walmart because it was specifically a gun-free zone, he picked it because it was full of Latinos.
that's what I was saying. He didn't pick that Walmart because he thought it was a gun free zone as people on this thread have claimed, he picked it because that's where the most latinos would be at any one time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies