U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 10:40 AM

11,128 posts, read 6,174,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by heart84 View Post
I have no agenda. Shootings are shootings. Tens of thousands of shootings are committed in inner-cities each year that never receive any attention from the media. The media focuses on lone-wolf type attacks. Both are terrible but the media has a clear agenda because they choose to focus all of their attention on the lone-wolf type attacks.
Again, should the media report every fatality in a war zone--which is virtually what some of these neighborhoods are--and make it on par with every mass shooting of ordinary Americans who are not gang members? You continue to insist they are one in the same.

They are not. If I choose to walk through a gang infested neighborhood, I am knowingly putting my life at risk. If I take my kids to Walmart to do back to school shopping, I am not. Or I shouldn't be, though these days that's not true anymore either.

But hey, keep pretending they are exactly the same thing.

And keep pretending you have no agenda here.

No one buys it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 10:42 AM

17,639 posts, read 19,110,315 times
Quote:
Inner-cities account for tens of thousands of shootings every single year. The media never touches those collective numbers because it doesn't fit their agenda or narrative. Chicago had 4,351 shootings just in 2016 alone. So where is the "epidemic?"
Angry young white men are murdering innocent people all over this nation. Stop trying to spin the conversation.

Old Yesterday, 10:46 AM

3,292 posts, read 5,809,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Oh well, it's only another weekend in Chicago.

Baltimore tried to call a "Cease Fire Weekend".
Sounds like something we'd try in a war zone in Afghanistan it Syria.

‘A lot of nights end up this way’: 7 shot in Lawndale’s Douglas Park

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...rzi-story.html

They were three women, ages 19, 22 and 25, and four men, ages 20, 21, 21 and 23. One of the 21-year-old men was in critical condition with a gunshot wound to his groin, police said.

Seven shootings reported this weekend in Baltimore amid ceasefire call

https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/cr...s5m-story.html
I think it's obvious to everyone save for one or two what this thread is all about. I'm shocked that a very public person -- a real estate agent -- would run out a thread like this in light of yesterday. To be that tone deaf and/or to have that much weird, deep-seated hate somewhere in there is something that I can't explain, but this is much more becoming of someone who just creates an account and has 2 or 3 posts under their belt.

What are you doing, Rakin?

Old Yesterday, 10:52 AM

1,367 posts, read 297,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Angry young white men are murdering innocent people all over this nation. Stop trying to spin the conversation.

And angry young black men are murdering exponentially more people all over this nation compared to "white nationalists" based on the statistics. So what is your point?

Old Yesterday, 10:55 AM

Quote:
I have no agenda. Shootings are shootings. Tens of thousands of shootings are committed in inner-cities each year that never receive any attention from the media. The media focuses on lone-wolf type attacks. Both are terrible but the media has a clear agenda because they choose to focus all of their attention on the lone-wolf type attacks.
So let's be clear....you are trying to get the focus off of the MANY horrific nationwide mass shootings committed by white nationalist domestic terrorists against innocent people by equating it with murders in the "inner city" amongst known associates.

Stop deflecting.

Old Yesterday, 10:56 AM

261 murders in Detroit in 2018.

309 murders in Baltimore in 2018.

561 murders in Chicago in 2018.

Where is the media outrage?

Old Yesterday, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
So let's be clear....you are trying to get the focus off of the MANY horrific nationwide mass shootings committed by white nationalist domestic terrorists against innocent people by equating it with murders in the "inner city" amongst known associates.

Stop deflecting.

Yes, let's be clear. Statistically speaking, young angry black men across the nation are murdering exponentially more people than "white nationalists" are on an annual basis. So where is your outrage given those factual statistics? Where is the media outrage given those factual statistics?

Stop deflecting.

Old Yesterday, 11:00 AM

Quote:

I know YOUR game and you are losing.

White males are the face of American domestic terrorism.

Now spin that

Old Yesterday, 11:03 AM

5,315 posts, read 1,321,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I hardly think, in the immediate wake of the tragedy in El Paso, this is a good time to be blaming liberals.
Why not? Joe Biden was out talking gun control before the bodies were cold yesterday.

Old Yesterday, 11:04 AM

5,315 posts, read 1,321,868 times
Quote:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies