U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 08:06 AM

32,471 posts, read 60,078,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by heart84 View Post
Baltimore and Chicago have mass shootings on a daily basis and the media never touches it. Agenda much?
Repeating the same illogical statement over and over (and over and over) again doesn't make it true.

You've already been schooled on mass shootings vs. scattered gang violence. They are both different issues that require different solutions. But you go right ahead and keep diverting discussion to suit your agenda.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 09:05 AM

6,395 posts, read 6,714,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Repeating the same illogical statement over and over (and over and over) again doesn't make it true.

You've already been schooled on mass shootings vs. scattered gang violence. They are both different issues that require different solutions. But you go right ahead and keep diverting discussion to suit your agenda.
Well actually the media might want to come up with a better therm than Mass Shooting, because the term does include gang violence.

Old Today, 09:07 AM

35,528 posts, read 32,376,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I would be very interested in hearing what your solutions are other than blaming whitey for everything.
I'm not even white but the morons are still lumping me in there cause I have a *cough AR-15.

Old Today, 09:34 AM

9,702 posts, read 2,383,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimAZ View Post
... a sizable number of folks are in fact BSC. ...
How can we help them?

Old Today, 09:36 AM

9,702 posts, read 2,383,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I'm not even white but the morons are still lumping me in there cause I have a *cough AR-15.
Frankly the world doesn't revolve around you. No one's lumping you in anywhere.

Old Today, 09:40 AM

4,868 posts, read 959,804 times
We are constantly asked on what we could have done to prevent or lessen such attacks. Honestly, that is what would I like to know. I am more gun control laws but it shouldn't be too vague or too specific. Even then, gun control laws could potentially stop some shootings from occurring.

Old Today, 12:00 PM

5,312 posts, read 5,360,435 times
This black vs white and white vs black stuff is relentless. So many politics involved with something that we should be honest about. Too many murders by too many people, black and white. And there are different categories which likely equate to different causes/circumstances. Regardless, it's not something people in this forum are going to solve. In fact, it's only going to get worse with everyone divided and pointing fingers at one another.

It's a shame that the richest nation in history is tearing itself apart. Too much money, drugs, guns, greed, and too little community, family and genuine appreciation for life.

Old Today, 12:43 PM

7,441 posts, read 4,502,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
What's the point of this thread? I think it's obvious to most people that we have two separate problems:

1. Inner city gang/drug gun violence

2. White nationalist Terrorists

The causes and solutions to each are very different.
I would change #2 to Mass shootings because not all mass shooters are white and not all are white supremacists. But I made this point in a thread before the weekend shootings that folks seem to suggest we can only care about one of those two types of problems. We either care about all the murders in Chicago or we only care about the mass shootings. This makes no sense to me at all. It all boils down to gun violence.
There's work place violence. Someone has a problem at work and they bring a gun to end the problem. Sometimes work place violence is a domestic situation. The souse or ex of someone goes to their workplace to shoot the place up. El Paso was a situation where the killer for some reason drove to a specific place where he wanted to kill people. The people he wanted to kill were there, so that's where he went.

All of these posts we see after a mass shooting where someone mentions the shootings in Chicago are missing the point. The one thing they all have in common is someone wanted to kill someone. (With guns in these cases) They're all part of the same problem and we do not have to choose which scenario we care more about. We can be just as upset about a mass shooting in El Paso as we can in the intercity od Los Angeles, Baltiore or Chicago. The folks pointing out the Chicago deaths all the time are trying to turn the issue away from guns and paint folks as racist because, in their mind anyway, the shootings in Chicago don't get the national attention as mass shootings elsewhere get.

Old Today, 01:08 PM

7,719 posts, read 4,939,005 times
Why are we using either problem to deflect from one or the other?

Old Today, 01:11 PM

15,196 posts, read 13,420,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
America inner cities are under attack thanks to democrats. Do I get a cookie now?
NO, why doesn't Trump demand Baltimore police start going in gang infested neighborhoods and confiscate guns from everybody caught armed? That is what Trump has suggested be done before. If he doesn't demand that be done, then he is in on the blame.

Another reason you don't get a cookie is because the Republican run city of Tulsa has one of the highest murder rates in the nation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies