U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 11:54 AM

32,242 posts, read 36,846,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
I have a right to not get shot by a nut-case with a gun. That is not in conflict with your right to own a gun unless you are a nut case.

Do you think a nut case has a right to own a gun?
Yes until you prove he's a dangerous nut job.

Do you drink? Do you drink and drive ? Should we ban you from owning a car ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 11:58 AM

21,750 posts, read 11,191,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
Republicans want to blame the individual which is basically the same as doing nothing. They also blame the mentally ill....but are they going to pass legislation that will put money where their mouth is?? You can't blame sick people and then do nothing about it.

Democrats on the other hand want to pass legislation that will address this problem by preventing the mentally ill and evil doers from getting their hands on weapons of mass murder. The problem is the NRA and the Republican party are preventing them from doing that.

So because of Republican inaction, our families have to live in a war zone which is everywhere America...movie theater's, night clubs, schools, Wal-Marts, garlic festivals, country music concerts, our playgrounds, our streets.
The lawless have guns and they get them off the black market.. the sales would grow and gangsters would have a field day breaking and entering if they knew all our guns that are owned to protect our homes were confiscated.

Old Yesterday, 12:01 PM

8,886 posts, read 4,772,162 times
I feel both sides are doing nothing. Each Party is a roadblock for the other Party so no change really occurs.

I support the 2nd Amendment and I support improving mental health care in the U.S.

I feel there should be a national firearm class and license that allows an individual to purchase and have possession of a firearm. Also creates a national database of an individual in possession of a firearm and improves the vetting process. Individual has to take a recertification class every 5 year's. Goes into law enforcement database individual has a firearm license. Anyone who is arrested for domestic violence, drug related crimes, or other legal matters license is suspended till charges are cleared. Also anyone admitted inpatient to a mental health facility have their license suspended for a year following hospital discharge. Firearms have to be turned over to local law enforcement or local gun range for temporary storage.

States can create their own individual licenses for various firearms if they choose to. Also States can regulate how weapons are stored, traveling with firearms, and so forth.

Increase funding to mental health. Create a Department of Mental Health and Addiction.

Old Yesterday, 12:06 PM

10,889 posts, read 2,797,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
I feel both sides are doing nothing. Each Party is a roadblock for the other Party so no change really occurs.

I support the 2nd Amendment and I support improving mental health care in the U.S.

I feel there should be a national firearm class and license that allows an individual to purchase and have possession of a firearm. Also creates a national database of an individual in possession of a firearm and improves the vetting process. Individual has to take a recertification class every 5 year's. Goes into law enforcement database individual has a firearm license. Anyone who is arrested for domestic violence, drug related crimes, or other legal matters license is suspended till charges are cleared. Also anyone admitted inpatient to a mental health facility have their license suspended for a year following hospital discharge. Firearms have to be turned over to local law enforcement or local gun range for temporary storage.

States can create their own individual licenses for various firearms if they choose to. Also States can regulate how weapons are stored, traveling with firearms, and so forth.

Increase funding to mental health. Create a Department of Mental Health and Addiction.
Govt and law enforcement databases on gun owners?!!! Seriously?!

Thank you for confirming my theory that many of these 'random' mass shootings are false flags!

You do realize one of law enforcements main directives, is to protect citizens rights...now, wouldnt that be a HUGE conflict of interest if law enforcement was tasked with creating and maintaining such a database of gun owners? I truly hope you can see why this is so wrong.

Law enforcement should be the LAST group involved in disarming ANYONE!

Old Yesterday, 12:09 PM

46,345 posts, read 34,276,613 times
Quote:
Republicans want to blame the individual which is basically the same as doing nothing. They also blame the mentally ill....but are they going to pass legislation that will put money where their mouth is?? You can't blame sick people and then do nothing about it.

Democrats on the other hand want to pass legislation that will address this problem by preventing the mentally ill and evil doers from getting their hands on weapons of mass murder. The problem is the NRA and the Republican party are preventing them from doing that.

So because of Republican inaction, our families have to live in a war zone which is everywhere America...movie theater's, night clubs, schools, Wal-Marts, garlic festivals, country music concerts, our playgrounds, our streets.

Overwhelming majority of sensational mass shooters have never been declared mentally defective.

Most mass shooters don’t have a history of evil.

Nothing wrong with Universal Background Checks. It would not however, prevented a single sensational mass shooting.

Seems to me most folk want Congress to “ do something”, regardless if the “something” will prevent sensational mass shootings, going forward.

Old Yesterday, 01:32 PM

8,886 posts, read 4,772,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Govt and law enforcement databases on gun owners?!!! Seriously?!

Thank you for confirming my theory that many of these 'random' mass shootings are false flags!

You do realize one of law enforcements main directives, is to protect citizens rights...now, wouldnt that be a HUGE conflict of interest if law enforcement was tasked with creating and maintaining such a database of gun owners? I truly hope you can see why this is so wrong.

Law enforcement should be the LAST group involved in disarming ANYONE!
You commit a violent or drug related crime you right to own a firearm us suspended. Pretty simple.

Old Yesterday, 02:04 PM

1,822 posts, read 1,145,260 times
There is only one solution to this evil and insanity and absolutely not a single person will embrace it. That would be God, the father, son and holy spirit. You all will laugh and scoff, but he is our only hope.

Old Yesterday, 02:18 PM
Status: "Come to Texas. We still have plastic straws!" (set 8 days ago)

47,124 posts, read 37,223,430 times
Default Contrary To The OP's Assertion....

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Democrats haven't offered a solution on any topic, including crime, in over forty years.
They just want to take guns away from law-abiding citizens and put them in the hands of those who break it.

Old Yesterday, 02:25 PM

1,871 posts, read 472,536 times
Not a single post on here from the pro-gun crowd offered a solution. Just the status quo and as a result, more people will be killed. And the sad part is we can’t even compromise...it’s basically our way or the highway mentality. Which is why nothing gets done.

Old Yesterday, 03:00 PM

1,822 posts, read 1,145,260 times
Quote:
Not a single post on here from the pro-gun crowd offered a solution. Just the status quo and as a result, more people will be killed. And the sad part is we can’t even compromise...it’s basically our way or the highway mentality. Which is why nothing gets done.
Pro gun crowd here. Build a whole bunch more psychiatric inpatient facilities, throw away the current dsm what ever and get back to reality. Start locking up all the lunatics and nut jobs that are propagating the earth. Start believing in a higher power, God, and enforce the laws that are being ignored and pretty soon it will be all good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or