Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2019, 10:19 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I don't give a crap about semantics! Any firearm that can kill nine people and injure a dozen more within 30 seconds is a weapon of mass destruction!

The Dayton gunman killed 9 people by firing 41 shots in 30 seconds. A high-capacity rifle helped enable that speed
If you had one, you too would be able to return fire.

Old 08-19-2019, 10:29 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,808,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
If you had one, you too would be able to return fire.
The, "my gun is bigger than your gun and if not, I'll get an even bigger gun," mentality.

Old 08-19-2019, 10:36 AM

8,750 posts, read 3,118,073 times
Quote:
The, "my gun is bigger than your gun and if not, I'll get an even bigger gun," mentality.
When things like this happen you're damned right I want bigger and better weaponry.

Old 08-19-2019, 11:00 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,607,699 times
Quote:
So, if you and your kids were trapped in a room with a nut executing people, you'd prefer to be unarmed?

Old 08-19-2019, 11:05 AM

50,262 posts, read 47,023,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
So, if you and your kids were trapped in a room with a nut executing people, you'd prefer to be unarmed?
They could try and use assault semantics to disarm the perp

Old 08-19-2019, 11:16 AM

19,718 posts, read 10,118,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
They could try and use assault semantics to disarm the perp
You mean, bend over, put your head between your legs and kiss your a** goodbye.

Old 08-19-2019, 11:17 AM

7,510 posts, read 4,351,558 times
Quote:
I don't give a crap about semantics! Any firearm that can kill nine people and injure a dozen more within 30 seconds is a weapon of mass destruction!

The Dayton gunman killed 9 people by firing 41 shots in 30 seconds. A high-capacity rifle helped enable that speed
This fits you to a "T":

Quote:
The debate over gun control can be summed up thusly: Those of us who don't like guns in the hands of our non-costumed brethren, will vote to ensure men with guns, under the guise of the "law," will come and take the property that is rightfully yours, killing you should you resist our will sufficiently.

This is what we call "violence by-proxy" and makes the voter for violence no less culpable in the extortion and death that will ensue.

As Stefan Molyneux correctly observed; if a person claims they are non-violent and are for “gun control” they are not truly anti-gun nor are they non-violent people - because the reality is that guns and violence will be needed to disarm innocent law abiding people.

This is because those people who claim they are anti-gun and anti-violence, who claim to support “gun control,” will need the credible threat of police violence and the police’s guns to take away other people’s guns should they resist the attempt to further centralize their monopoly on violence.

So those who claim to be anti-gun and anti-violence are really very pro-gun and very pro-violence. They ultimately believe that only government officials (which are of course portrayed as reliable, honest, moral, and virtuous) should be allowed to have guns. This obviously flies in the face of reality as the 20th century has proven once and for all.

It’s important to note that those who advocate this type of centralized monopoly of violence do so as cowards, because it’s not their lives 
on the line, rather they advocate others using violence on their behalf in 
order to force their misguided views on innocent people who wish to do nothing other than protect themselves and other innocents.

There is no such thing as "gun control," there is only centralizing gun ownership in the hands of a small, political class and the forces they control which, as recent history has proven is a murderous nightmare for the peace loving, disenfranchised, and disarmed citizenry.--Ron Danielowski

Old 08-19-2019, 11:24 AM

10,730 posts, read 5,664,235 times
Quote:
Why don't you ask those killed during:

<<SNIP>>

US Mass Shootings, 1982-2019

During that same period, there were approximately 1.5 MILLION people killed in automobile accidents. If you and the rest of the enemies of freedom were interested in human lives, you'd address this issue.

Gun control has little to do with saving lives. It's all about control.

Old 08-19-2019, 11:37 AM

7,072 posts, read 9,615,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaxPhd View Post
During that same period, there were approximately 1.5 MILLION people killed in automobile accidents. If you and the rest of the enemies of freedom were interested in human lives, you'd address this issue.

And at least that many Americans killed by medical malpractice during the same time period.

Old 08-19-2019, 11:38 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,837,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Our government has a long history of killing American citizens.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies