U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2019, 01:28 AM

124 posts, read 23,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Keep back peddling.

I said I wasn't going to give him the satisfaction of reading it.

Your reply was:

"This is nearly the definition of ignorance.

1. I'm not going to find out the truth."

Sorry, but you clearly infer that by me not reading it I was not going to "find out the truth."

It was only after I called you out on it that you switched to "his truth".

Like I said, feel free to fulfill his desire of using the death of 20 people to get you to read his rant.

Apparently, you feel it is important.
You should actually read the other thread. You copied and pasted yours and Texas's post out of context after it was pointed out that your post was the definition of ignorance. It has nothing to do with whether you feel the manifesto is important or not.

Keep lying, but we know the truth.

I didn't read it either, btw, but I'm not as weak enough to think that it's going to get me riled up like it has you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2019, 04:01 AM

12,067 posts, read 4,114,574 times
It's semi-automatic centre-fire rifles that are generally restricted in some other countries, whilst shotguns are limited to a capacity of no more than three cartridges (in magazine plus the breech).

Centerfire ammunition - Wikipedia

.22 Rimfire Long Rifle is what is legal in some countries, however you can get have a firear,s licence upgraded in order to use more powerful rifles to cull deer and large mammals, which must by law be shot cleanly.

.22 Long Rifle - Wikipedia

Rimfire ammunition - Wikipedia

A shotgun licence is easier to obtain, a firearms licence is more difficult to obtain in most countries.

As for Murdoch, he recently lost control of Sky to Comcast, and New Corp is not as influential as it once was.

Last edited by Brave New World; 08-05-2019 at 04:15 AM..

Old 08-05-2019, 04:18 AM

12,870 posts, read 4,353,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
"President Trump, America is scared and we need bold action," Monday's front page reads. "It's time to... BAN WEAPONS OF WAR."

https://nypost.com/2019/08/04/the-po...t-weapons-now/

The New York Post is controlled by Rupert Murdoch, the right-wing media mogul who keeps in close touch with the president.

This is not the first time the Post has called for such a ban. But it is still striking to see the message on the front page of the paper, where Trump is likely to see it. Trump grew up reading the paper in New York City and continues to receive copies in Washington.

"America is terrified," the editorial reads. "President Trump, you are positioned to assuage that fear. On gun control, you are a pragmatic centrist, someone who knows there is a vast majority of Americans who are not to the extreme left or right on this issue. They just want the killings to stop."
Love the NY Post.

Old 08-05-2019, 04:19 AM

10,980 posts, read 10,988,863 times
Quote:
So they want to ban swords which were weapons of war for hundreds of years?
Let me know when swords can kill multiple people in a minute or less

Old 08-05-2019, 04:21 AM

10,980 posts, read 10,988,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post
You're discussing this with a guy who thinks swords are categorized assault weapons...
Lmao... So true.

Right wing logic is sad, but unfortunately quite deadly in this country. There is a reason we lead the developed world in mass shootings

Old 08-05-2019, 04:22 AM

7,556 posts, read 3,109,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
"President Trump, America is scared and we need bold action," Monday's front page reads. "It's time to... BAN WEAPONS OF WAR."

https://nypost.com/2019/08/04/the-po...t-weapons-now/

The New York Post is controlled by Rupert Murdoch, the right-wing media mogul who keeps in close touch with the president.

This is not the first time the Post has called for such a ban. But it is still striking to see the message on the front page of the paper, where Trump is likely to see it. Trump grew up reading the paper in New York City and continues to receive copies in Washington.

"America is terrified," the editorial reads. "President Trump, you are positioned to assuage that fear. On gun control, you are a pragmatic centrist, someone who knows there is a vast majority of Americans who are not to the extreme left or right on this issue. They just want the killings to stop."
I hope the Left can keep up their misplaced indignation long enough for the next elections! It is tedious, but gives Joe & Mika
something besides "Orangeman Bad" to whine about!

Old 08-05-2019, 04:28 AM

17,883 posts, read 11,348,375 times
Quote:
So they want to ban swords which were weapons of war for hundreds of years?
You know, Pedro, that is about the lamest defense of assault type weapons ever. Yeah, if someone wants to do harm to others, they can use a knife, scissors, a ball bat, or even some kitchen utensils. But there is no denying that if someone wants to do wholesale slaughter of a whole lot of people in just a few minutes, these guns with multi round magazines are the weapon of choice.

So far, I haven't seen too many of these mass murderers saying " Ya know, I think I will leave the AK-47 at home and take a sword with me instead ". Your excuse is completely out in left field.

Old 08-05-2019, 04:31 AM

19,562 posts, read 17,618,371 times
I'm more frightened of what the crazies in government or working for those who control the government will do when they disarm the citizenry. They do these things now, how much worse will they be when they get emboldened when we're unable to defend ourselves from anyone. The progressives hate the police and abuse of power but they want more police and more police powers. THAT is crazy.

Old 08-05-2019, 04:38 AM

17,883 posts, read 11,348,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
I doubt 'ol bone spurs will do anything. He's a closet fan of the NRA and white supremists.
He won't, you are right. He has bigger fish to fry, like tweeting about celebrities who oppose him.

Old 08-05-2019, 05:37 AM

553 posts, read 199,375 times
Murdoch is playing both sides. In the New York Post, he publishes “Ban guns now!” On Fox News, he has Hannity say, “They’re going to take your guns!”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies