U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2019, 05:58 AM

3,271 posts, read 2,110,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
I doubt 'ol bone spurs will do anything. He's a closet fan of the NRA and white supremists.

Oh such a profound of a comment wonder why Obama-the-Clown didn't "ban" assault weapons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2019, 06:03 AM

35,715 posts, read 32,470,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post
Understood... you simply don't know what is categorized as an assault weapon. That explains your previous comment.
The made up definition of "assault weapon" includes shotguns, hand guns and a plethora of other stuff. Basically whatever one wants it to be.

Old 08-05-2019, 06:08 AM

35,715 posts, read 32,470,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post
Understood... you simply don't know what is categorized as an assault weapon. That explains your previous comment.
The made up definition of "assault weapon" includes shotguns, hand guns and a plethora of other stuff. Basically whatever one wants it to be. You already know this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assault_weapon

Old 08-05-2019, 06:18 AM

10,980 posts, read 10,988,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUMAN View Post
Oh such a profound of a comment wonder why Obama-the-Clown didn't "ban" assault weapons.
I know you right wingers love your pretzel logic, but please tell us who was in Congress at the time he wanted to...

Old 08-05-2019, 06:20 AM

10,980 posts, read 10,988,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
The made up definition of "assault weapon" includes shotguns, hand guns and a plethora of other stuff. Basically whatever one wants it to be. You already know this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assault_weapon
I guess that means we can't solve the problem (unlike Japan, Australia, Singapore etc)

Old 08-05-2019, 06:26 AM

18,469 posts, read 10,251,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
How many civilians have been murdered byother civilians?

How many civilians have been murdered by governments?

Sorry, but I'll keep the 2nd and my ability to put up a fight against another civilian or government that might want to kill me.
How big a group do you think that is, out of curiosity? And why would anyone want to kill you?

Old 08-05-2019, 06:27 AM

Quote:
A box truck was a much more effective weapon in France.

87 dead that night.
Maybe you ought to trade your guns in for a box truck if you're worried about being attacked. Sounds like state-of-the-art defense technology.

Old 08-05-2019, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
Gun control is constitutional. Your argument is nonsense.

The U.S. Government has a huge nuclear arsenal and thousands of tanks at its disposal. Should I be allowed to have private nukes or a fleet of tanks on my property due to some irrational fear of tyrannical government?
You bring up an interesting point. The Revolutionary War was fought against a tyrannical government that taxed the colonies, but which provided no method of input into the decision by a representative. You may recall it as "taxation without representation".

We don't have a tyrannical government in the United States. We have a body of elected representatives, and the vote for the representatives is extended to every citizen in good standing. The only way we would have a tyrannical government here is if a sitting president declared himself above the law and the sole voice of authority.

But with our system of checks and balances, the possibility of such a scenario actually succeeding here are laughably almost nil. To be afraid of it is indeed, totally irrational.

Old 08-05-2019, 06:38 AM

Quote:
I know that morons have formulated a ridiculous category for "assault weapon" used to make things like 22 rifles sound scary.
Okay. Point taken. Let's don't call them by the term the firearms writers coined in the 60s to describe them, "assault weapons".

Instead, let's call them "any and all semiautomatic firearms, and all other firearms using rimfire or centerfire cartridges with a magazine capacity of more than five rounds".

Better...?

Old 08-05-2019, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Yes. Morons label 22 rifles as assault weapons.

Are you saying semi-automatic 22 rifles that use a magazine don't fall into the "assault weapon" category?
Define ".22 rifle". The Ar-15 is technically a .22 rifle, as are the hundred other configurations that began as wildcat cartridges - .222 Remington, ,225 Weatherby, .22-250 - the list goes on.

If you are referring to rimfire cartridges, please be specific so we morons can understand what you're talking about.

Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies