U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2019, 06:59 AM

25,423 posts, read 12,446,940 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
Guns are machines that were built for wartime. Unfortunately, you got too many ******* civilians who think they are soldiers fighting some war in their heads.
I am a machine gun dealer, want to buy one?

Old 08-05-2019, 07:02 AM

11,057 posts, read 6,538,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Won't happen. With a sword, the killer would have to get close enough to his victim to risk retaliaton. That's why they use guns, which are the tools of cowards, designed to kill from a distance with little fear of interference.

Sure about that ?
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-26402367

Old 08-05-2019, 07:02 AM

1,905 posts, read 469,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Why does he think a ban will be effective? LOL

Just look at all the different gun laws that were broken in these 2 shootings...neither shooter obeyed the laws.

Maybe they need to hear this more simply...criminals DO NOT obey laws!

I would think they would have learned this with the drug war, there are very tough laws against possessing, selling, etc heroin, but numerous cities and states have major heroin epidemics going on right now...so how is that possible, its a banned drug?!
That reminds me of that editorial toon and let's not forget those who do or did gun smuggling like ex-senator Leland Yee who was an anti-gun activist. I hope then there won't be another person who practiced what the ex-senator did.
Senator Leland Yee gets 5 years in prison.

Old 08-05-2019, 07:05 AM

18,802 posts, read 10,415,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Or the main tool for which millions of Americans put food in the freezer each year. The main tool Law Enforcement uses to do their job. The main tool our military uses to keep us the U.S. There is that.
Nopbody wants to take your deer rifle. I personally shoot a Ruger #1 in .30-06, and a Remington 788 in .308. I have never seen the day I needed 30 rounds to hunt, however. If I was that poor a shot I would stay home ashamed of my marksmanship and eat squash for dinner.

As to LE and the military - they should have a different class of arms than is available to civilians.

Old 08-05-2019, 07:08 AM

36,344 posts, read 32,915,669 times
Quote:
Nopbody wants to take your deer rifle. I personally shoot a Ruger #1 in .30-06, and a Remington 788 in .308. I have never seen the day I needed 30 rounds to hunt, however. If I was that poor a shot I would stay home ashamed of my marksmanship and eat squash for dinner.

As to LE and the military - they should have a different class of arms than is available to civilians.
I have a Savage built up for long range in win mag. I can take the recoil. Some can't and use .308. Long range .308 is about a mortar compared to some other rounds. 6.5 comes to mind is much a better choice than the old .308. Don't get me wrong. I have a .308 in AR-10. It's a fine hog gun if you have a rest set up but it's stupid heavy for deep hikes.

You must not have a hog problem because only an idiot takes on a sounder of hogs with a bolt gun. Texas hunts where we want to take out as many as possible in the shortest amount of time. We use everything we can for an advantage. There is a perfect tool for every situation.

I mainly use my bow. My buddies say anyone who uses a gun is simply not a good hunter. I'll use whatever the hell I want to, to keep me outdoors. Beats workin.

Do you have one of the Remingtons with a bad trigger?

Old 08-05-2019, 07:24 AM

67,959 posts, read 34,723,666 times
Your feelings don't Trump my rights.
You and I have the right to bear the same arms as the Government. They cannot limit us to "small arms"
The right to keep & bear small arms?

Old 08-05-2019, 07:27 AM

67,959 posts, read 34,723,666 times
Quote:
I have a Savage built up for long range in win mag. I can take the recoil. Some can't and use .308. Long range .308 is about a mortar compared to some other rounds. 6.5 comes to mind is much a better choice than the old .308. Don't get me wrong. I have a .308 in AR-10. It's a fine hog gun if you have a rest set up but it's stupid heavy for deep hikes.

You must not have a hog problem because only an idiot takes on a sounder of hogs with a bolt gun. Texas hunts where we want to take out as many as possible in the shortest amount of time. We use everything we can for an advantage. There is a perfect tool for every situation.

I mainly use my bow. My buddies say anyone who uses a gun is simply not a good hunter. I'll use whatever the hell I want to, to keep me outdoors. Beats workin.

The difference in "hunting" and "shooting"

Old 08-05-2019, 08:48 AM

18,802 posts, read 10,415,828 times
Quote:

Mine is fine. I bought it used 25 or 30 years ago, and shot it extensively for both deer and hogs. I grew up hunting in what is now Congaree Swamp National Park, and after the government bought it to protect it, we hunted four thousand acres aboutl a mile upriver from its western border. We had both dog drives with shotguns and tree stands for the rifles, and ran a couple of hog traps.

Now that I'm older and can't run the swamps like I used to, I enjoy the Ruger in a tree stand. One shot is all that you need if you know how it performs.

Old 08-05-2019, 08:51 AM

31,591 posts, read 16,123,621 times
Quote:

The 2nd has nothing to do with hunting and everything to do with governments exploiting, torturing and murdering their citizens.

Old 08-05-2019, 09:02 AM

5,352 posts, read 2,346,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
I am a machine gun dealer, want to buy one?
cost too much. too heavy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies