Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2019, 06:41 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,807,784 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I don't need a reason to own anything.
This, and it's no one else's damn business what I own.

Old 08-05-2019, 06:46 PM

19,718 posts, read 10,118,354 times
The government lies to us on a daily basis. I found that out when I got back from Vietnam. How far will they go, I have no idea. But I certainly don't trust them.

Old 08-05-2019, 06:49 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
The government lies to us on a daily basis. I found that out when I got back from Vietnam. How far will they go, I have no idea. But I certainly don't trust them.
Government can legally lie to you. They are under the umbrella of qualified immunity.
You on the otherhand, can go to jail for lying to the government.

Old 08-05-2019, 07:40 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,922,456 times
You don't get rid of crazy people by getting rid of guns.
Crazy people are always going to be here.
This is not some heavenly place where all is peace and love.
The world is a dangerous place.
Any type of gun control just seeks to create MORE victims. PERIOD.

Old 08-05-2019, 11:19 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuakerBaker View Post
Many people say that we need the right to own weapons such as an AK47 so that we can protect ourselves from an abusive government.

I would argue that this is not true.

1...Our military takes an oath to defend the constitution or in other words the rights of the people. In Nazi Germany they took an oath to Hitler, etc...not the rights of the people. Our military is staffed by good people overall who hold the protection of the constitution in high value.

2...In similar countries with similar constitutional values like France, the UK, Australia....which have reduced gun rights...you don't see an oppressive government beating up the people. Because as above, the military would turn on the government if it ever did that.

3...The military has high tech weapons and vehicles...an AK47 wouldn't be effective for fighting against that either.

4...The same reason that many don't want Iran to have nuclear weapons is the same reason that many don't want anyone to have AK47s. The more weapons of mass destruction out there the more likely they are to fall into wrong hands and be used for evil.
Do you think the Armenians would have liked AK47s about 100 years ago or are you on Turkeys side?

It was 80 years ago that our government threw over 100,000 people of Japanese descent into prison because they were Japanese. I didn't see the military defend them. When you don't have weapons you have little choice. They make anyone think twice.

Old 08-05-2019, 11:23 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
[/color]
No, it is just that some of us are not paranoid about everything being a conspiracy. I bet you think Alex Jones is dead on, don't you ?

It's about the truth and what history has taught us.

Old 08-05-2019, 11:38 PM

18,725 posts, read 7,604,328 times
Why we don't need Assault Rifles to protect ourselves from Government

If you think you don't need an "Assault Rifle", by all means don't buy one.

And if I think I do need one, I *will* buy one.

Ain't freedom wonderful?

(Or did you start this thread for the purpose of taking away my freedom?)

Old 08-06-2019, 01:27 AM

231 posts, read 332,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
You don't get rid of crazy people by getting rid of guns.
Crazy people are always going to be here.
This is not some heavenly place where all is peace and love.
The world is a dangerous place.
Any type of gun control just seeks to create MORE victims. PERIOD.
Crazy people can do less damage if they couldn’t get their hands on a gun...absolutely no way it creates more violence. Violence of some sort will always exist but it doesn’t mean you can’t reduce it.

Old 08-06-2019, 02:37 AM

24,404 posts, read 23,056,554 times
I always like when progressives say that people don't need to have semi automatic weapons to protect themselves from the government going rogue because the government would kill them with bombs and missiles and tanks if it wanted to. Yikes.
But I'm on record saying that we don't have to fear the military and the military would side with the American people if it came down to the government deciding it no longer likes America being free.
What does cause the deep state to wet their beds is the thought of armed US citizens being able to stand up against theirgoon squads when confronted by them.

Old 08-06-2019, 03:41 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,982,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
BS. It is not "as capable". The Dayton shooter shot over a dozen people in about a minute just walking on the street. To kill that many people with a 3 shot integral mag would take a highly trained military sniper stationed on top of a building.

Enough with the gun nut garbage please.

Oh, is that how he did it? I was wondering, thought it must have been an incredible piece of (bad) luck.

As far as the "highly trained military sniper", well, the more training the better, of course. One should appreciate, however, that there are lots of people who come out of the military with similar skills. I get a kick out of movies when they are looking for a rogue vet and are only considering SEALS for as military police, I had the skills that the rogue in movie had.

Could I do it with a 3 shot internal magazine? Not currently for that is not my training and nor would I want to have to fight (picturing myself as such a person, the mass shooter, is not something I like to do when I don't have to do it) that way as someone other than the mass shooter.

As far as the thread goes, for what we have left, be it the -15, be it the Uzi which as they are sold to the public are not assault rifles, it is what we have left and there are certain tactical advantages to them (which because they are advantages, I am not going to say). Their presence, the ability to have them, are the tools to make those who would want to change the US into something else...think twice about doing so.

Otherwise, why would they constantly be on the fight, truthfully and lying, to get rid of them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies