U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2019, 12:41 PM

16,785 posts, read 14,202,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by heart84 View Post
The Left will not "let a good crisis go to waste" and will continue to lump more whites as "white nationalists" and "domestic terrorists" for disagreeing with their talking points. It is will go into full overdrive mode. These are the types of games they play.

Don't fall for their agenda and always be ready to cite stats. The Left will never touch the topics like the daily mass shootings in Chicago and Baltimore. Let's just take Chicago as an example of what the media won't touch:

Murders between Jan. 1 and Dec. 31 by year:

2018: 561
2017: 660
2016: 777

Shooting victims between Jan. 1 and Dec. 31 by year:

2018: 2,948
2017: 3,463
2016: 4,351
Do you believe the El Paso shooter to be a white nationalist?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2019, 12:42 PM

32,197 posts, read 20,293,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
no you aren't. if that were the case you would not have responded 'he did' regarding this statement:

But I saw twitter posts by the guy where he spelled out Trump in guns..

I understand what you are saying, and "by the guy" IS incorrect. All he did is leave the post on his twitter feed and liked it.

Do you think changes in any way that the guy is influenced/likes Trump?

He didn't create it, he approved of it.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs

Old 08-05-2019, 12:47 PM

27,502 posts, read 19,335,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I understand what you are saying, and "by the guy" IS incorrect. All he did is leave the post on his twitter feed and liked it.

Do you think changes in any way that the guy is influenced/likes Trump?

He didn't create it, he approved of it.
finally. you could have saved both of us one hell of a lot of typing.

absolutely it changes the parameters. we have no idea why he liked it. he clearly likes guns - if someone had created one these out of guns, he would likely have 'liked' that too:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....15jUL39lQL.jpg

Old 08-05-2019, 12:49 PM

7,457 posts, read 1,688,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heart84 View Post
The Left will not "let a good crisis go to waste" and will continue to lump more whites as "white nationalists" and "domestic terrorists" for disagreeing with their talking points. It is will go into full overdrive mode. These are the types of games they play.

Don't fall for their agenda and always be ready to cite stats. The Left will never touch the topics like the daily mass shootings in Chicago and Baltimore. Let's just take Chicago as an example of what the media won't touch:

Murders between Jan. 1 and Dec. 31 by year:

2018: 561
2017: 660
2016: 777

Shooting victims between Jan. 1 and Dec. 31 by year:

2018: 2,948
2017: 3,463
2016: 4,351
Got any links to credible news outlets, supporting your outlandish theory that "The Left" is trying to demonize white people?

Old 08-05-2019, 01:20 PM

16,036 posts, read 4,235,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Got any links to credible news outlets, supporting your outlandish theory that "The Left" is trying to demonize white people?
Yeah, we have one. It's simple...since there is nothing else to say we have to come up with the most outlandish possibilities. It's every bit as true as the earth starting 6,000 years back and saddles on dinosaurs, but that doesn't stop millions from repeating it.

This is why we will lose the economic and social "wars" of the present and future. Reason, logic, truth and morality has zero to do with things......

One acts like the "white make AH" is a new thing! I got married very young....and we were well matched and happy. I had some peer (female) come to me and ask me why they could not find mates...this was about 1972!

I thought about it and told them "Most guys are arses". It was true then and it is true now. The guys who feel the world is against them are 100% correct - because they never learned how to be a person. Whether from parenting or society they somehow picked up the idea that Selfishness is a positive trait. They also feel entitled....never learned or figured out that they are just a speck...an ant...on this rock.

The results are evident...deplorables abound.

I know some very nice guys. Good men. But they are the exception...it often seems.

Old 08-05-2019, 02:08 PM

1,639 posts, read 1,076,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
Not in the El Paso case; he surrendered peacefully after killing 'just' 20 when he came prepared to kill many hundreds.

Admittedly, I haven't read the entire play-by-play for the El Paso case. Did the shooter surrender peacefully upon the good guys with guns (law enforcement) arriving, or did he shoot a bunch of people, get bored, and disarm himself voluntarily?

Old 08-05-2019, 04:20 PM
mlb

3,275 posts, read 2,901,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionInOcala View Post
Admittedly, I haven't read the entire play-by-play for the El Paso case. Did the shooter surrender peacefully upon the good guys with guns (law enforcement) arriving, or did he shoot a bunch of people, get bored, and disarm himself voluntarily?
He apparently is showing no remorse for the murders.

Old 08-05-2019, 04:23 PM

37,524 posts, read 16,608,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeWannaGetLoaded View Post
Just can't reason with Trump supporters anymore. They will deny the obvious truth that their president is a racist bigoted lying moron that's leading this country to ruin, and will spin whatever facts we still have in this age of misinformation to fit in their own reality to make themselves feel good. The 'left' is not the enemy of this country, but the right wants to delegitimize them instead of acknowledging the unveilings truths of global warming, growing wealth inequality, and the fact that our politicians are bought and paid for by corporations and foreign governments/adversaries. Sure the 'left' in this country has its issues, but most I know are patriots that care about the well-being of this country and are responding to the growing extremism of the right. Right-wingers are programmed to hate anything that does not fit in their bubble of an imaginary world by Fox News, right-wing radio like Limbaugh, so on, etc., rather than logically analyzing their viewpoints and deduce that maybe what they are being spoon-fed to believe in is complete and utter baloney. It's not an issue of intelligence, but an issue of ignorance and stubbornness that plagues the right-wing and Trump supporters. Don't have much faith that they will come around unfortunately after this mess known as the Trump administration.
Utter leftist, lying nonsense!

Old 08-05-2019, 04:43 PM

3,738 posts, read 738,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Utter leftist, lying nonsense!
I give you credit for even responding to that utter leftist! When they're that delusional and sanctimonious, I usually just skip right over. Can't reason with them.

Old 08-05-2019, 04:58 PM

5,189 posts, read 3,042,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
I give you credit for even responding to that utter leftist! When they're that delusional and sanctimonious, I usually just skip right over. Can't reason with them.
“Leftist!”

It’s like a boogie man..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies