U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2019, 02:57 PM

1,816 posts, read 447,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedergras View Post
Anything to deflect from the inner city crime problems. Funny how Baltimore quickly faded from the nation's attention span.
Yeah, how convenient, talk about an eerie coincidence or is it an eerie coincidence?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2019, 03:09 PM

37,949 posts, read 16,765,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demwit View Post
They can see the difference. They can see trump is a racist. They can see the shooter was influenced by his rhetoric. The truth just stops their agenda so they muddy the waters and push out “alternative facts”. Only the gullible will believe this nonsense. They are not fooling anyone except the gullible.
How has Trump been racist? How do you know that this shooter was influenced by anyone? Opinions don't count only facts do.

Old 08-06-2019, 03:11 PM

12,766 posts, read 3,451,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
And there are just as many or more leftist posters in here that say even more vile things about conservatives and our president. Do the words, racist, white supremacist, xenophobe, Nazi, etc. ring a bell with you?

The only browning down we object to is via illegal immigration and rightly so! It's neither natural nor lawful.
Why do you care about what anyone says about the President?

He's not a member of your family.

He's not a personal friend.

Why do you feel protective towards him ?

Old 08-06-2019, 03:18 PM

37,949 posts, read 16,765,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Why do you care about what anyone says about the President?

He's not a member of your family.

He's not a personal friend.

Why do you feel protective towards him ?
My response was to another poster who was pointing out the so-called vileness of the right and calling our president a racist. Why does the liberal left continue to criticize our president and call him vile names? In your own words.....he's not a member of their families nor is he a personal friend of theirs either! See how that works? Let's not be a hypocrite here!

I think all presidents deserve a level of respect and I think we should be respectful towards our fellow citizens also even if we don't agree politically. If we all practiced that instead of this childish name calling and hatred we'd have a better society. Try it some time!

Old 08-06-2019, 03:32 PM

20,226 posts, read 14,967,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Whate male conservatives are considered evil in today's society. We are the punching bag for the looney left.
Biggest bunch a Hypocrites out there. They will call all of you pigs, and demonize all police, then expect you to run into gunfire to save them. Leftist belong in a world of self policing, open Borders, and Anarchy.

Old 08-06-2019, 03:37 PM

2,369 posts, read 891,256 times
So do we get to condemn all illegal aliens for the deaths of thousands of Americans, thru murder, and dwi's? Asking for a friend. And how about all dems for the scalise shooting, antifa violence?

Old 08-06-2019, 03:40 PM

2,020 posts, read 510,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Again, you continue to pretend that shootings in virtual war zones--which is virtually what some of these neighborhoods are--is on par with every mass shooting of ordinary Americans who are not gang members.

They are not. If I choose to walk through a gang infested neighborhood, I am knowingly putting my life at risk. If I take my kids to Walmart to do back to school shopping, I am not. Or I shouldn't be, though these days that's not true anymore either.

But hey, keep pretending they are exactly the same thing.

And keep pretending you have no agenda here.

No one buys it.
Exactly!

Old 08-06-2019, 05:58 PM

1,560 posts, read 369,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
I don't quite get your point, OP. I don't hear anyone "demonizing" whites in general.

There are domestic terrorists in the US, and they SHOULD be demonized for their violence.
There are white nationalists in the US, and they SHOULD be demonized for their "talking points" (ie, hateful bigotry).
What any of this has to do with violent crime in our cities is what I don't get.

Point #1 - Any rhetoric from conservative whites that SJWs and "The Left" do not agree with now, or that goes against their talking points, will be labeled as "white supremacist," "white nationalism," etc.

Point #2 - Violent crime in our cities, just like the 47+ shootings that happened in Chicago over the weekend, never gets much media attention. 47 shootings in two days in one of our biggest cities and networks like CNN and MSNBC don't cover it for 10 seconds? Rather strange.

A lot of it has to do with the fact that these types of shootings do not fit the media agenda/script/narrative like a white "mass shooter" does. Another example would be how quickly the black shooter in Dallas in 2016 who targeted cops disappeared from most media airwaves rather quickly. Again, it did not fit their agenda like a white shooter does.

Old 08-06-2019, 05:59 PM

3,226 posts, read 704,225 times
When a white commits a mass shooting, blame whites.

When a muslim commits a mass shooting, blame whites.

Old 08-06-2019, 06:01 PM

3,226 posts, read 704,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Again, you continue to pretend that shootings in virtual war zones--which is virtually what some of these neighborhoods are--is on par with every mass shooting of ordinary Americans who are not gang members.

They are not. If I choose to walk through a gang infested neighborhood, I am knowingly putting my life at risk. If I take my kids to Walmart to do back to school shopping, I am not. Or I shouldn't be, though these days that's not true anymore either.

But hey, keep pretending they are exactly the same thing.

And keep pretending you have no agenda here.

No one buys it.
It's the same to the people who live in "gang infested neighborhoods." Or do those people not count in your world?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies