U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2019, 11:02 AM

654 posts, read 234,273 times

Advertisements

It is good to hear this from Trump
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...otings-remarks

President Trump called Monday for reforms at the intersection of mental health and gun laws -- including so-called "red flag laws" to take guns from those deemed a public risk -- in the wake of back-to-back mass shootings over the weekend that left at least 30 people dead.

“Our nation is overcome with shock, horror and sorrow,” Trump said, in solemn remarks from the White House. “We are outraged and sickened by this monstrous evil.”

In unequivocal terms, the president also condemned white supremacy, responding to reports that the shooter in El Paso wrote a racist manifesto.

"In one voice, our nation must condemn racism, bigotry and white supremacy,” Trump said, standing beside Vice President Pence. “These sinister ideologies must be defeated. Hatred has no place in America.”

Old 08-05-2019, 11:58 AM

16,200 posts, read 9,069,718 times
“The shooter in El Paso posted a manifesto online consumed by racist hate,” Trump said. “In one voice, our nation must condemn racism, bigotry and white supremacy. These sinister ideologies must be defeated. Hate has no place in America. Hatred warps the mind, ravages the heart and devours the soul.”
https://news.yahoo.com/trump-stateme...143508003.html
If only he took his own advice. To bad that he didn't write that.

Old 08-05-2019, 12:00 PM

20,007 posts, read 18,141,331 times
And it only took 2 1/2 years to do this. But we all know it was empty as he knows he is condemning many of his own supporters.

Old 08-05-2019, 12:02 PM

7,810 posts, read 8,953,263 times
His next 'inspiration' will coincide with his next toilet twitter session. Of course those aren't scripted but what he says comes right out of his arse.

Old 08-05-2019, 12:03 PM

17,816 posts, read 9,041,012 times
If he cured cancer.... well, you know

Damned if he does or doesn't
"orange man bad" -TDS man

Old 08-05-2019, 05:10 PM

4,938 posts, read 2,667,312 times
Talk is cheap Mr. President.

Old 08-05-2019, 05:29 PM

12,634 posts, read 7,208,239 times
Trump is not a racist and neither are most of us who voted for him. I can't say the same for most leftists who hate trump voters.

Old 08-05-2019, 05:36 PM

253 posts, read 45,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
It doesn't matter if they support him or not the bottom line is that he doesn't support white supremacy. You guys won't even give him credit for that.
I don't care who the president is, they should not receive "credit" for simply "not supporting white supremacy." Not supporting white supremacy SHOULD be right up there with "able to breathe" as a bare-minimum given for being the POTUS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Trump is not a racist and neither are most of us who voted for him. I can't say the same for leftists who hate us.
That's a huge blanket statement. We can set aside Trump because I think there are plenty of quotes and actions that could support either argument (he is racist or he is not racist) but of course a lot of his followers are racist. "Send her back!" Come on. Be real.
Also, I'd say the hatred coming from some people on the left towards people on the right is pretty equal to the hatred coming from some people on the right towards people on the left. The extremists wash each other out.

Old 08-05-2019, 06:00 PM

10,247 posts, read 3,367,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RollsRoyce1 View Post
I don't care who the president is, they should not receive "credit" for simply "not supporting white supremacy." Not supporting white supremacy SHOULD be right up there with "able to breathe" as a bare-minimum given for being the POTUS.

That's a huge blanket statement. We can set aside Trump because I think there are plenty of quotes and actions that could support either argument (he is racist or he is not racist) but of course a lot of his followers are racist. "Send her back!" Come on. Be real.
Also, I'd say the hatred coming from some people on the left towards people on the right is pretty equal to the hatred coming from some people on the right towards people on the left. The extremists wash each other out.
White supremacy is bad

But let’s not kid ourselves. Leftists highly exaggerate the prevalence of white supremacy and also have a tendency to call any non liberal a “racist”

Old 08-05-2019, 06:04 PM

38,332 posts, read 16,978,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RollsRoyce1 View Post

The left forces his hand. If he didn't say he opposes white supremacy they'd say because he didn't then he must be one or approves of it. The lefty, liberals are so predictable. Damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies