U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 12:56 PM

9,246 posts, read 4,207,550 times

Advertisements

https://www.newsweek.com/dayton-ohio...keller-1452526

GOP Rep. Candice Keller of Ohio said on Facebook that blame for the Dayton shootings result from breakdown of the traditional family, gay marriage, video games, professional athletes who protest the American flag, recreational marijuana & “snowflakes, who can’t accept a duly-elected President.

Texas Lt. Gov Dan Patrick also says that the removal of forced prayer from public schools is responsible for the shootings.

Would we really be better off in the USA if we had fundamentalist Christianity as the state religion and its cultural norms strictly enforced by the state?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 12:58 PM

7,445 posts, read 4,502,286 times
Just today I heard Elton John and RuPaul's version of "Don't Go Breaking My Heart" and immediately I shot up a Walmart. The struggle is real

SMH

Old Today, 01:00 PM

17,330 posts, read 8,751,882 times
the collective left said its trumps fault. Ultimately its the triggermans fault.

Old Today, 01:00 PM

8,834 posts, read 10,910,991 times
Video games is really grasping...They discussed that 20 years ago!

Old Today, 01:14 PM

24,368 posts, read 12,060,611 times
I blame liberals just because.

Old Today, 01:16 PM

9,256 posts, read 2,837,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
I blame liberals just because.
You never disappoint, T. LOL>

Old Today, 01:18 PM

5,068 posts, read 3,010,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
Video games is really grasping...They discussed that 20 years ago!
Ya I remember mortal kombat causing kids to freeze their classmates then shatter them into tiny pieces..

Old Today, 01:18 PM

4,873 posts, read 959,804 times
Sheesh, even my fellow Republicans can be lacking in common sense. Blame the shooter. Let's try to better develop practical gun control procedures.

Old Today, 01:19 PM

2,464 posts, read 2,025,763 times
Actually, I do think there is something to be said about the breakdown of the traditional family...but perhaps that can be worded better. Maybe traditional family values?

It's not about dad, mom, and 2.5 kids. It's about conversations and support and addressing issues. I think many of the shooters lack the support of a traditional family (figure). This has nothing to do with Christian fundamentalism.

Old Today, 01:20 PM

19,670 posts, read 12,502,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
https://www.newsweek.com/dayton-ohio...keller-1452526

GOP Rep. Candice Keller of Ohio said on Facebook that blame for the Dayton shootings result from breakdown of the traditional family, gay marriage, video games, professional athletes who protest the American flag, recreational marijuana & “snowflakes, who can’t accept a duly-elected President.

Texas Lt. Gov Dan Patrick also says that the removal of forced prayer from public schools is responsible for the shootings.

Would we really be better off in the USA if we had fundamentalist Christianity as the state religion and its cultural norms strictly enforced by the state?
Jesus H Christmas, the idiocy of these people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or