U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2019, 09:47 PM

11,084 posts, read 11,018,343 times

Advertisements

Why is the right eager to call out "radical islamic terrorism", but not "right wing domestic terrorism"?

I guess "law and order" doesn't apply to the potential GOP voter base.

https://www.businessinsider.com/ex-f...mp-base-2019-8

"Law-enforcement responses to violence by white nationalists have long been the focus of fierce bipartisan disputes. Republicans in 2009 reacted furiously to a Department of Homeland Security report that described right-wing extremist violence as a rising threat. They accused the agency of a bid to smear conservatives."

Last edited by chopchop0; 08-05-2019 at 10:21 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2019, 10:23 PM

9,646 posts, read 6,391,078 times
Mike tosses in the Red Bull Crap Flag!

Hogwash

Old 08-05-2019, 10:25 PM

17,490 posts, read 8,834,888 times
All couple dozen of them. Only the deranged are buying this tripe. Fake news.
“Ex tds fbi ..bla bla..told tds BI bla bla.. he heard from McCabe...bla bla..” Sucker

Old 08-05-2019, 10:43 PM

1,300 posts, read 206,524 times
Law enforcement only carry out investigation if they have reasonable belief that a crime has been committed or about to be committed.

Unfortunately, being a member of a right wing extremist or left wing extremist group is not a crime.

Unless you want cops to be like in that movie Minority Report (starring Tom Cruise)?

Old 08-05-2019, 11:04 PM

3,195 posts, read 2,734,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Why is the right eager to call out "radical islamic terrorism", but not "right wing domestic terrorism"?

I guess "law and order" doesn't apply to the potential GOP voter base.

https://www.businessinsider.com/ex-f...mp-base-2019-8

"Law-enforcement responses to violence by white nationalists have long been the focus of fierce bipartisan disputes. Republicans in 2009 reacted furiously to a Department of Homeland Security report that described right-wing extremist violence as a rising threat. They accused the agency of a bid to smear conservatives."
Its because liberals have been trying to paint all trump supporters as right wing extremists.

That means if you start calling out right wing extremist terrorism, then you are labeling yourself as a potential terrorist even though you have very little in common with those terrorists.

Old 08-05-2019, 11:09 PM

9,110 posts, read 2,586,311 times
Another thread rights are bad and the left is good.

I have not seen anyone on the right or otherwise condone rightwing domestic terrorism. I haven't seen anyone try to justify it or explain it away as no big deal.

The same can not be said for those who constantly justify the much larger problem of inner city violence.

Of course we could say that some people did something on 9/11? That seems acceptable these days, but don't say that Muslim terrorists did it.

We even had a president try to say that Benghazi was caused by an unknown Youtube video. Rather than admit what it was.

So the OP can spare us the faux outrage. It isn't a right or left majority. What it is, is a political ploy used to demonize the competition. Never let a tragedy go to waste. Rahm Emanuel fessed that up a long time ago.

Old 08-06-2019, 01:35 AM
Status: "Try my Sword-Flavored Beef, now with Extra Justice!" (set 13 days ago)

1,477 posts, read 840,977 times
FBI don't go after "right wing extremists" because there's too many, to the tune of about 200 million...

...I mean, seeing as the Mainstream Media would have people believe that Any and All white, heterosexual, christians are "right wing extremists".

EDIT: Double Down; notice I didn't specify gender in there, because s--t is getting so stupid in this country that a white woman who specifically wants a baby from a white man will probably end up on some kind of watch list.

Old 08-06-2019, 01:38 AM

3,576 posts, read 2,563,434 times
Regardless of what slander you employ, illegal immigration is still morally wrong, Trump is still right to oppose it, and you still support criminality, and the violation of my rights.

Old 08-06-2019, 01:56 AM

19,595 posts, read 17,640,688 times
The FBI did nothing but run around trying to find supposed white supremacists during Obama's terms even while ignoring blatant terrorists and crazies right in front of them. Then you had the SPLC making up stories about the KKK and white nationalists where none existed making them seem even more imaginary. Then Trump gets elected and the MSM repeats the narrative all over again about white nationalism on the rise when its the exact opposite of the truth.
Trump has reigned in the FBI and Justice Department and gotten them back to doing their jobs and not being a bunch of politicized goon squads but he still has a long way to go. The CIA in particular still needs to be fumigated.
Hopefully they'll get to the persons who sent this idiot kid on his mission in El Paso but I don't think the MSM would be happy if they do.

Old 08-06-2019, 04:36 AM

11,084 posts, read 11,018,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
Regardless of what slander you employ, illegal immigration is still morally wrong, Trump is still right to oppose it, and you still support criminality, and the violation of my rights.
Illegal immigration is morally wrong? Try again. How about The fact that the GOP won't fix the immigration problem. Illegal immigrants do a lot of work citizens aren't interested in
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or