Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2019, 05:39 PM

23,967 posts, read 15,063,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Henry Cisneros probably
Bingo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2019, 07:39 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 1 day ago)

35,582 posts, read 17,927,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cttransplant85 View Post
He’s trying to send a message. If you donate to Trump we will publicly call you out and get our outrage mob to attack you. Tyrants.
The list published was only the major contributors, donating the maximum allowable to a political campaign. Not some fella giving 100 bucks.

In my opinion, that list of major contributors deserves to be printed in the newspaper, and on media sites all the time.

People who donate to presidential campaigns shouldn't be ashamed of their choice to do so. If they are, well, maybe don't donate an enormous amount?

The public at large has a vested interest in seeing who's ushering candidates into public office.

Old 08-06-2019, 07:43 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,942,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
The public at large has a vested interest in seeing who's ushering candidates into public office.
They're not and quite frankly, it should be nobody's business who one decides to support politically.

Gotta love the emotionally fragile people that won't frequent an establishment based on ones political party affiliation. Life must be daily struggle for you folks. LOL

Old 08-06-2019, 07:48 PM

9,137 posts, read 5,799,525 times
The list may be public information, but posting it along with their employers is pretty slimy.

Old 08-06-2019, 08:13 PM

20,096 posts, read 8,998,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
The list published was only the major contributors, donating the maximum allowable to a political campaign. Not some fella giving 100 bucks.

In my opinion, that list of major contributors deserves to be printed in the newspaper, and on media sites all the time.

People who donate to presidential campaigns shouldn't be ashamed of their choice to do so.
If they are, well, maybe don't donate an enormous amount?

nothing stopping you from posting who you've donated to politically and where your employed as Castro did.

Walk the walk.

Old 08-06-2019, 08:28 PM

7,922 posts, read 9,146,005 times
While the information is available elsewhere, Castro has placed himself
in a vulnerable postion should something violent happen to any of those donors or establishments.

It was a stupid thing to do, particularly at a time of heightened emotions and a bevy of copycats ready to get their 15 minutes of fame.

Old 08-06-2019, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
So you won’t go to a Pappas restaurant because of the political party they support? I feel everyone has a right to support whoever they want. If I like their product, I’ll support it even if I don’t agree with their politics.
Every business has a right to support whomever they choose. So do I.

My quarrel with Shipley and Pappas nothing to do with their politics. It has everything to do with decisions to exploit people trying to make a living. To the point of paying 1.75 million in fines for transporting illegal employees from one town to another when they knew the border patrol was coming. The other forfeited over a million dollars in property, houses and a warehouse, where illegals worked and lived. The employees were treated so badly, and sexually harassed they filed a complaint with the EEOC and won.

I also don't not buy stock in companies who pay so little their employees have to get food stamps.

Why spend money on a company that exploits their employees and fellow citizens just because they produce a good product?

I'm not giving up a little piece of humanity for a dinner or a donut I could get anywhere.

Old 08-06-2019, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
They're not and quite frankly, it should be nobody's business who one decides to support politically.

Gotta love the emotionally fragile people that won't frequent an establishment based on ones political party affiliation. Life must be daily struggle for you folks. LOL
No struggle here. It is a hobby.

What a sad life one must have to not care about anyone or anything but their own comfort.

Old 08-06-2019, 08:56 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,720,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
We’ve already addressed that it’s public record.

But when an elected official compiles a list of donors for the opposite party and lists them out in public along with a call to admonish them, it’s something entirely different. And entirely unethical.
And when Trump uses his position as president to attack people, try to get them fired, etc. that is fine? Why the double standard? And let’s be clear we are talking about non-politicians he will attack of twitter, and he takes zero responsibility when his followers harass and threaten them even after he tweets about them.

Old 08-06-2019, 09:02 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 1 day ago)

35,582 posts, read 17,927,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post

You can say it's nobody's business, but in fact, legally, it's everybody's business. It's public information.

Way back in the day when I helped sell T-shirts to support a political candidate, every single t-shirt buyer had to disclose who they were, as donors.

You may wish political contributions were anonymous, but they aren't, especially at the very highest level as the subject of this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies