Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Twitter is blatantly biased in support of the Democrat left and against the Republican right.
True 58 75.32%
False 19 24.68%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2019, 01:37 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,519,803 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
I don't think you understand - my post is tongue and cheek. Because watching that, all you feel is hatred and violence for the people doing it and by extension the rest of the Democratic party.
OK then. Sometimes the nuance of our posts is not easy to discern, because of the flat format of this sort of a board.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2019, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Here is the video that was suppressed by Twitter. Remember, this is a video of violence targeted at Senator McConnell, in front of his house, that was published by his campaign on Twitter so that people could see the leftists in action.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
We need all the help we can get against this recent epidemic of RWNJ domestic terrorists under the current instigator and chief
Watch the video above. Obviously it is people like those in the video and their radical militant Democrat left supporters that we need to be concerned about.

Old 08-08-2019, 01:46 PM

Looks like the Republican party, the NRSC and President Trump are gearing up to take on Twitter and the other Democrat left biased social media mega-platforms:

Quote:
GOP goes to war with Twitter over McConnell campaign account freeze

The National Republican Senatorial Committee on Thursday said it won't spend money on Twitter until the situation is "adequately addressed." A top official with the Republican National Committee also said the RNC and the Trump campaign would not spend money with Twitter "until they address this disgusting bias."

Meanwhile, the White House for weeks has been hinting at possible action in relation to how social media outlets treat conservatives. A White House official told Fox News the administration is "exploring all policy solutions." The administration has circulated drafts of a possible executive order from Trump, following a summit last month where he met with conservative social media influencers, according to Politico.

“If the internet is going to be presented as this egalitarian platform and most of Twitter is liberal cesspools of venom, then at least the president wants some fairness in the system,” a White House official told the outlet. It is unclear what the order will entail or how it would aim to curb social media bias but it reportedly deals with other issues as well.
It is about time.

Old 08-08-2019, 02:21 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Looks like the Republican party, the NRSC and President Trump are gearing up to take on Twitter and the other Democrat left biased social media mega-platforms:

It is about time.
boy am i out of the loop. i didn't even know twitter ran ads.

Old 08-08-2019, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
boy am i out of the loop. i didn't even know twitter ran ads.
Yeah, I see Twitter posts posted here and a few other places. But I have never had a Twitter account or a Facebook account, and I am highly confident that I never will. Even if I had one of these accounts, I use an ad-blocker, so I would not see those ads anyway.

I do not expect that the NRSC's cancellation of their ad contract is going to be a defining event for Twitter, but Twitter is really making themselves not only a target for the wrath of the current federal government - President Donald J. Trump presiding - but they are making themselves a campaign issue that could certainly help Trump and Republican candidates to win races in the 2020 election.

Old 08-08-2019, 02:39 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Yeah, I see Twitter posts posted here and a few other places. But I have never had a Twitter account or a Facebook account, and I am highly confident that I never will. Even if I had one of these accounts, I use an ad-blocker, so I would not see those ads anyway.

I do not expect that the NRSC's cancellation of their ad contract is going to be a defining event for Twitter, but Twitter is really making themselves not only a target for the wrath of the current federal government - President Donald J. Trump presiding - but they are making themselves a campaign issue that could certainly help Trump and Republican candidates to win races in the 2020 election.
i don't have an account but i read twitter posts all the time and never see any ads.

here, for example - not an ad in sight.

i agree that they are getting themselves in some hot water over their ban/lock policies. watch the video in this link if you haven't seen it already, tim pool does a great job.

Tim Pool and Joe Rogan make Twitter execs squirm

Old 08-08-2019, 02:43 PM

3,606 posts, read 1,658,433 times
Moscow Mitch "*****" McConnell has blood on his hands and not doing anything to change it.

Old 08-08-2019, 02:47 PM

8,624 posts, read 10,148,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
They need to lock Trump's account, he is inspiring mass shootings and mass murder.
Odanny...

Old 08-08-2019, 02:49 PM

12,039 posts, read 6,570,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker53 View Post
The rapidly growing violence and threats of violence by the far left and their media enablers is starting to spin out of control.
I am starting to believe that the average democrat voter doesn’t really understand what’s happening in their party, or how could they keep voting for a party encouraging harassment, violence, hatemongering, and anarchy against police, republicans, Christians, corporations, people with opposing views, and people who are patriotic toward our country. The democrat party has given hundreds of millions to lawyers supporting and helping illegals with legal aid , but ignore the needs of their own constituents.

Old 08-08-2019, 03:16 PM

8,498 posts, read 4,561,677 times
Extremists such as McConnell should not be given a platform to promote their hate and divide the nation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies