Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2019, 02:59 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,522,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Well the way he handled himself last night isn't going to get him any brownie points. I enjoyed most of it but he didn't sell himself in many ways. I do give him credit for coming on a network that is pretty far to the right most of the time, but he had trouble answering some questions, particularly the abortion question.
Hannity should stay away from the donuts .

He's more than making up for what he may be burning off from 'mixed martial arts workouts'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2019, 03:02 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,522,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Unlike Demonic liberals, I can listen to the other side's opinion that they want to take all of my rights and money and not try to organize a group to kill that person. I thought de Blasio did fine explaining his views, I just disagree with most of them.
Except re abortion and SSM, I largely vehemently disagree with him as well. The only 'error' I noticed was that he harped on the tax rates of the 1950s while staying silent about how few paid the highest rate re there being so many more deductions.

Old 08-08-2019, 03:22 PM

21,932 posts, read 9,498,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Except re abortion and SSM, I largely vehemently disagree with him as well. The only 'error' I noticed was that he harped on the tax rates of the 1950s while staying silent about how few paid the highest rate re there being so many more deductions.
And they never discuss compliance rates. As tax rates increase, compliance rates go down. People figure out ways to shelter. In Europe, people were literally taking Euros out of the counties to keep from paying taxes. I read an article in a Luftansa magazine a few years ago that said about 1/3 of cars crossing borders in the EU were carrying Euros with the intention of keeping them from being taxed.

Old 08-08-2019, 08:35 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,746,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
I think DeBlasio and Hannity showed that you can disagree with someone without trying to destroy and smear them. They both seemed to have a good time.
But the problem was Deblasio couldn't answer Hannity without a straight response. Instead, he throws in a bunch of nonsense

Old 08-09-2019, 07:31 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,576,536 times
I always find this body language expert's take on people interesting. Not just to learn about the target but you can apply this knowledge in your daily life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cwuH7--uGM
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies