U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 06:19 AM

4,690 posts, read 5,556,491 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
Doest the SJW-ification of Hollywood count?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
What's that? Specifically.
Since you didn't (at this typing) receive a reply, I believe SJW stands for Social Justice Warrior.

Just my opinion, but I suspect that any interesting discussion that would draw in folks of various backgrounds, age groups, etc., would try to avoid trendy acronyms.

I recall some concern being expressed over the moral decaying of society during the '60s. We managed, somehow, to survive. And we will again. If we're lucky, we'll learn from the mistake that is Trump, and choose more carefully the next time around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 06:21 AM

1 posts
In short, the reasons for all this is the lack of morality in people these days.

Old Today, 06:22 AM

11,843 posts, read 5,004,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBMorgan View Post
The country's acceptance (although a minority popular vote) of someone of his character is a symptom of the decay. I recall when Gary Hart withdrew because of his Donna Rice affair. Times have really changed. B. Clinton gets a mention as well.
Or, Dan Quayle and the misspelling of potato.

Old Today, 06:24 AM

4,471 posts, read 2,151,289 times
Default Moral Decaying of Society

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
In a nutshell, that is the root of all evil's (sic) today.
I know it's hard to be positive when we have a president like Trump, but try.

There have always been despicable, evil people. Just like there have always been unimaginably kind and loving people.

Can't have light without darkness.

Old Today, 06:24 AM

8,213 posts, read 2,382,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Nowhere near. I personally don't buy into the whole religion thing but feel that a society that does have some sort of set structure is better off.
What we need is a balance between the two. Religion is a way of control, don't sleep with the neighbors wife because it really isn't the right thing to do. On the other side of that is , why let some silly commandment (for an example) tell me how to run my sex life. Of those two examples which one is really the right one ? I'd say the first one, the second one will eventually break down the family structure.
We have one side letting 3 year olds pick what gender/sex they want to be , before the kid even develops any kind of character, personality, etc. No wonder they are growing up with no way to cope with life.

What we are turning into is a society that lacks respect, any sort of guilt, and no fear of the consequences of their actions. If one wants to get their opinion across, there is no rational communication, it is basically scream the loudest, and insult the other side until you get your way. To many people are signing up to group think instead of thinking for themselves. Not sure why, are they afraid to be alone ? I remember reading an article a while back about many felt alone.
Children aren't being raised by a family, they are being raised by teachers, social media and TV. Mom and Dad are too busy working to pay attention, so they spoil little Johnny with everything they can, and letting him get away with anything, creating an entitled brat that eventually grows up to not be able to deal with society.
little johnny is all grown up now. Lazy and entitled, any time I can crush them, I do.

Old Today, 06:26 AM

58,243 posts, read 41,197,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
The good old days like slavery, or the crusades or the holocaust or the plague..

Many self-professed 'moralists' would welcome a return to those times.

Old Today, 06:27 AM

58,243 posts, read 41,197,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
little johnny is all grown up now. Lazy and entitled, any time I can crush them, I do.

So whom will you be backing to replace the lazy and entitled occupant of the White House?

Old Today, 06:29 AM

10,412 posts, read 6,349,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
My masters is in environmental and evolutionary biology. This post is complete and utter nonsense.

There is no such thing as de-evolving, the notion that intelligence is what makes organism more fit is belied by the fact that the most resilent organisms on the planet are not intelligent at all. When you are talking about intelligence, productive,etc of human beings you are half a step away from eugenics and nowhere near evolution.

And honestly if you have to lie to make your point you’ve lost the debate already. IQ is consistently increasing worldwide, and this is such a universal phenomenon that it has a name, the Flynn effect. Best part, no one is exactly sure why.

https://ourworldindata.org/intelligence

This may be true, but not for here in the US, it seems as if we are falling behind.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/13/healt...ntl/index.html

http://worldpopulationreview.com/cou...iq-by-country/

Old Today, 06:40 AM

16,723 posts, read 14,168,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
This may be true, but not for here in the US, it seems as if we are falling behind.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/13/healt...ntl/index.html
You think the above study is about the US? Did you read it? It never mentions the US. Norway is the main country that was looked at this post there is passing reference to a couple of other European nations.

I went and read the actual study the article is about. It was set in Norway, which is not part of the US It is an interesting article, thank you for sharing,

Most interesting is that they statistically rules out any influences from parents, but instead attribute the trend in Norway to environmental influences.

I am not sure why you think this page about average IQ statically not over time is more relevant than the page actually about IQ over time by nation that I linked to in the post you quoted.

Old Today, 06:55 AM

2,136 posts, read 442,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
In a nutshell, that is the root of all evil's today.
So true. I'll take it one step further in order to fully illuminate the sitch

If it is

sick
prurient
racist
irresponsible
perverse
erosive
corrosive
hateful
negligent
delinquent
regressive
backwards
socially destructive
idiotic

the left will embrace it and attempt to force it down the throat of society. They live in the sewer whlle claiming to be on the high road.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or