Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2019, 11:08 AM

36,856 posts, read 17,285,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Yeah, in the past this country survived the immorality of Elvis Presley and the Beatles. It can survive most anything.
Team Red wants to use State force to morally un-decay society (whatever that means) which by extension includes me.

Fact.

Is Team Blue doing anything in the same vein or do its bowel movements smell like roses?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2019, 11:10 AM

4,541 posts, read 2,765,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Hold up there a second, boss.

Are you ditching Team Blue for anarchy?

Or are you simply trying to virtue signal over Team Red?
Do you invest in the stock market? If so, would that make you complicit in in coercive actions committed by the companies you invest in?

Old 08-08-2019, 11:15 AM

23,804 posts, read 14,939,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
Do you invest in the stock market? If so, would that make you complicit in in coercive actions committed by the companies you invest in?
IMO, it would. That's why we are really careful where our money goes. Years ago, there were some that alleged to be woke companies, but I lost my arse. So now we just do serious research.

Old 08-08-2019, 11:22 AM

15,713 posts, read 6,422,030 times
The nearest I've seen to pure evil in our society lately is the selected drug companies that pushed excess prescriptions of pain relievers upon ignorant Americans. It would almost seem that marketing is the root of modern evil. Do the marketers suffer from moral decay then? Was there a time when they were good?

Old 08-08-2019, 11:24 AM

48,413 posts, read 34,586,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
The nearest I've seen to pure evil in our society lately is the selected drug companies that pushed excess prescriptions of pain relievers upon ignorant Americans. It would almost seem that marketing is the root of modern evil. Do the marketers suffer from moral decay then? Was there a time when they were good?
Marketing is for one goal and one goal only, to get you to buy "X". You might as well hold schools and parents more responsible for not teaching their children to understand the psychology of people trying to manipulate you.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-08-2019, 11:30 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,393,018 times
Name a time in history with no violence, political strife, or crime. It never existed. What's changed is news now makes every headline acts like the end times are here.

Old 08-08-2019, 11:42 AM

7,289 posts, read 4,070,940 times
"Moral Decaying of Society"
Originally Posted by BentBow:
In a nutshell, that is the root of all evil's (sic) today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
I know it's hard to be positive when we have a president like Trump, but try.

There have always been despicable, evil people. Just like there have always been unimaginably kind and loving people.

Can't have light without darkness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Here it is folks...

Evil people. Kill them!
Cannot possibly be people with wrong ideas, so let's inquire about them and have a dialogue. The chair of reason is for everyone.

The difference in the left and right.

Evil people physically harm and kill other people. Am I evil, because you think what I say is wrong?

Being overly sensitive and easily offended, is not an excuse for violence. Especially in an armed society.
Is that really what you got from my post?
Or are you being sarcastic?

I didn't accuse anyone of being evil, nor did I advocate killing.

Old 08-08-2019, 11:46 AM

1,893 posts, read 1,003,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
IMO it is better. I grew up in the 1980s and 1990s and crime was out of control and things were much worse than they are today.

There have been biased news outlets for generations - centuries actually. One of my hobbies is reading old newspapers and they were just as ridiculous with the "news" as our current media is in many ways.
Could be right. Maybe we know more about the bad
moral decay stuff d/t internet access.

Last edited by TBMorgan; 08-08-2019 at 11:58 AM..

Old 08-08-2019, 12:21 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,285,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
I breathed EPA-certified air while typing this. Now you own me.

Congrats statist. What are you going to do with body, mind, and soul (not to mention money)?

Old 08-08-2019, 01:54 PM

4,541 posts, read 2,765,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I breathed EPA-certified air while typing this. Now you own me.

Congrats statist. What are you going to do with body, mind, and soul (not to mention money)?
Nice non-answer. Doesn't surprise me that anarchists can't abide by there own "non-aggression" principle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies