U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2019, 09:23 AM

5,480 posts, read 4,408,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Iím also disgusted and ashamed that she is white.

She disgusts me as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Maybe she should take herself out of the game is she is so disgusted with herself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
She should just end her life then......assisted suicide is legal out there I would think.
https://youtu.be/memC01Bmrhs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2019, 09:27 AM

52,969 posts, read 42,623,013 times
She should get a DNA test.

Most people in the US could easily test 1/2% or so of some minority and that's all that is needed I suppose.

All it would take is one non-white relative from around the time the declaration of independence.

Old 08-08-2019, 09:30 AM

4,873 posts, read 4,104,205 times
She has a moral obligation to kill herself. Virtue signaling by adopting a bunch of black kids (e.g., Angelina Jolie) would not be enough. The mandate of social justice demands her death.

Old 08-08-2019, 09:32 AM

41,149 posts, read 40,715,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
I am just wondering how many people who were white and NOT born to affluent parents are sorry that they have risen in the world compared to their parents. In other words, I wonder if being born white is responsible for people feeling shame for being "white and affluent" as much as being born rich does?
Personally, I think it is more important for one's self esteem to accomplish something by one's own efforts than to be just given things.

I am white, and I am not one bit ashamed that I am part of the middle-class because I achieved that on my own without any help from my parents. (However, that being said, I do feel some shame for what the "white man" has done to people who were in this country before they were. I don't, however, feel any guilt for slavery because, as far as I know, none of my ancestors owned any slaves.)
Normal middle class people aren't typically concerned with white guilt type issues. Most of this stuff we see in the media is horse crap. I never see any of this crazy behavior outside of fringe groups on the Internet and stuff you see in the media. Those types of things are from a very tiny tiny groups of people with loud voices.

Again, nothing I see around me in my day to day life matches the stuff I see on the internet and the media. It's all just click bait and fear mongering for ratings.

Old 08-08-2019, 09:32 AM

511 posts, read 80,462 times
Lol, that ratio on her twitter post shows that whatever her expected reaction was...... was not!

Most people are dragging her for people a typical spineless virtue signally white liberal.

Minorities see through that crap, and other white people just think you're an idiot.

Old 08-08-2019, 09:34 AM

511 posts, read 80,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Normal middle class people aren't typically concerned with white guilt type issues. Most of this stuff we see in the media is horse crap. I never see any of this crazy behavior outside of fringe groups on the Internet and stuff you see in the media. Those types of things are from a very tiny tiny groups of people with loud voices.

Again, nothing I see around me in my day to day life matches the stuff I see on the internet and the media. It's all just click bait and fear mongering for ratings.

It's not as isolated as you might think though. Self-hate is measurable.

Amongst the entire population of white people, self-identifying "white liberals" were THE ONLY GROUP that showed a marked preference and outward feelings of warmth toward "other" people. And had less positive feelings toward "their own." This subset was the ONLY measured group that thsi pattern emerged.

All others - minorities, white conservatives and white moderates...everyone has a general good impression of "their own people."

But white liberals? You know, that white left that is just so incredibly insufferable and LOUD and controls the levers of media? Bona fide self-haters and ethno-masochists.

Old 08-08-2019, 09:35 AM

12,648 posts, read 7,215,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
She should get a DNA test.

Most people in the US could easily test 1/2% or so of some minority and that's all that is needed I suppose.
….or like in Elizabeth warren's case, family lore and a DNA test showing potentially 1/1024th minority DNA is enough to claim minority status and affirmative action benefits, lol.

Old 08-08-2019, 09:40 AM

10,453 posts, read 5,756,364 times
My father's policy was that he would pay for our education but we had to take the first two years of ROTC. We didn't have to make the military a career but if offered a reserve contract, we had to take it. The thing was that as priv members of society, it was our responsibility that if the government called, we had to be ready to respond.

HENCE, if she is upset that she is privileged, she should live up to the responsibility and be something good.

Old 08-08-2019, 09:48 AM

32,731 posts, read 60,763,093 times
I read on here all the time how celebrities' opinions are nonsense and no one should pay attention to them.

Yet here they are, quoted on C-D on a daily basis.

If you want to ignore something, you don't go talking about it. Incessantly.

Old 08-08-2019, 09:50 AM

28,204 posts, read 18,098,105 times
Amazing the self-loathing of the American left. Come to think of it, if I embraced liberal principles, I'd loathe myself as well-so maybe not as cra-cra as it seems. These people really do need professional help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies