U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2019, 09:53 AM

20,052 posts, read 9,608,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
I read on here all the time how celebrities' opinions are nonsense and no one should pay attention to them.

Yet here they are, quoted on C-D on a daily basis.

If you want to ignore something, you don't go talking about it. Incessantly.
Agree to an extent. They have a right to say stupid stuff, and people have a right to comment on their stupidity. They get media attention as they are, or were famous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2019, 10:16 AM

1,994 posts, read 595,843 times
Quote:
I read on here all the time how celebrities' opinions are nonsense and no one should pay attention to them.

You know they cant help themselves, seems most of the conservatives on this board need to stir the pot incessantly and keep the hypocrisies going. Trolling is all they got.

Patricia doesnt need to be sorry, all she has to do is vote for the candidates that arent trying to Robin Hood all the money from the poor to the rich.

Old 08-08-2019, 10:23 AM

26,540 posts, read 10,243,205 times
Quote:

"Regular" people feel the same way as her.

It's only fair to equally mock all of them. You know, equality and SJWism being so important and all.

Old 08-08-2019, 10:23 AM

2,361 posts, read 703,422 times
I can see where you're coming from, Rosanna.

The rest of us are sorry you were born, also. Won't you please do something about that?

Do it for the children. And Mother Erf.

Old 08-08-2019, 10:25 AM

5,871 posts, read 3,820,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
I don't, however, feel any guilt for slavery because, as far as I know, none of my ancestors owned any slaves.)

Don't let yourself fall into this trap. You say that you feel no guilt towards slavery because your ancestors didn't own slaves. But what if they had? Would you feel guilty then? My response would be the same: don't feel guilty about it. You (not just you, personally, but anyone) have absolutely no control over what your ancestors did. So even if it turned out that your great-great-grandfather was the king of slave-owners, you still have no reason to feel guilty about it.

Old 08-08-2019, 10:25 AM

33,616 posts, read 20,644,689 times
Don't know who she is.

Does she have a new movie or something to promote?

Old 08-08-2019, 10:26 AM

7,980 posts, read 4,704,927 times
I'm not sure why I am supposed to care what she says or thinks or says to a reporter. And I'm not sure why I am supposed to care that the reporter wrote a story about it. But apparently t's big news to right wingers.

Old 08-08-2019, 10:26 AM

2,282 posts, read 477,816 times
She's just saying what most white Democrats think about themselves. It's kind of nice to see someone honest about her self-loathing.

Old 08-08-2019, 10:30 AM

33,616 posts, read 20,644,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
I'm not sure why I am supposed to care what she says or thinks or says to a reporter. And I'm not sure why I am supposed to care that the reporter wrote a story about it. But apparently t's big news to right wingers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
You know they cant help themselves, seems most of the conservatives on this board need to stir the pot incessantly and keep the hypocrisies going. Trolling is all they got.

Patricia doesnt need to be sorry, all she has to do is vote for the candidates that arent trying to Robin Hood all the money from the poor to the rich.
lol.

It looks like you two care about what she says too. Just sayin'

I think we all really need to take a break, and admit there are stupid people in this world who say stupid things. No need to make it a liberal vs conservative issue all the time. yikes.

Old 08-08-2019, 10:35 AM

4,025 posts, read 8,982,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
Rosanna Arquette isn’t the only blonde award-winning actress to wish she wasn’t white. In 2016, Actress Julie Delpy said she believes there’s “nothing worse than being a woman” in Hollywood and wished she were black instead.

I’m sorry I was born white and privileged. It disgusts me. And I feel so much shame,” the Pulp Fiction actor said on Wednesday.

http://www.theblaze.com/news/hollywo...and-privileged
Wow she must be a super insecure depressed woman.

That or major political pandering going on. What a pathetic statement. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies