U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2019, 01:16 PM

22,037 posts, read 10,591,730 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
It's amazing how little coverage the MSM give to odd ball people or situations that make the left look bad. I have a far far loony liberal as hell co-worker that is just bat crap crazy. He lives in his own media bubble. If it ain't on MSNBC, CNN, Huff Post or NPR he doesn't know about it.

I try to flip around and get various opinions on things. The far left media is just disingenuous as hell and people in the middle and right see it. The far left just doesn't seem to acknowledge this. They are too busy moral preening and virtual signaling to be able to see themselves with any clarity.
I'm talking about posters here, though, not the media.

I have some liberal friends, one refers to herself as a progressive, but she knows nothing about any of the issues in today's world because she says she doesn't watch or read news since it's so depressing.

Another informed voter complaining about everything and educated about nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Who is trying to stifle conversation about it? I haven't picked that up but tbh I'm just too busy laughing at the surface story.

As a minority I hereby grant you permission to speak on the subject, whitey.
Posters in the thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2019, 01:36 PM

26,414 posts, read 10,200,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Posters in the thread.
Yeah, you're right.

I see a lot of deflection with the hardcore Team Blue members asking cons why they hate Hollywood then turn around and comment on this story.

I mean...it's absurd. You can't be a rational human being and defend it so you have to use deflection. It's just as bad (arguably) as Team Red members complaining about the "decaying of society" in the other thread though. Grant it, that's not over a specific incident or individual but it's still laughable. They've been running that game since Pike's Peak was a pimple.

Old 08-08-2019, 01:38 PM

33,609 posts, read 20,608,969 times
when will she move to canada?

Old 08-08-2019, 01:41 PM

5,172 posts, read 1,374,103 times
What a load of virtue signaling BS. Give up all she has to rid herself of her self loathing.

Old 08-08-2019, 01:44 PM

3,420 posts, read 2,169,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
when will she move to canada?

Canada is too white. Maybe Kenya?

Old 08-08-2019, 01:50 PM

2,026 posts, read 818,427 times
She can happily volunteer her time to help minorities.

Old 08-08-2019, 01:52 PM

22,037 posts, read 10,591,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Yeah, you're right.

I see a lot of deflection with the hardcore Team Blue members asking cons why they hate Hollywood then turn around and comment on this story.

I mean...it's absurd. You can't be a rational human being and defend it so you have to use deflection. It's just as bad (arguably) as Team Red members complaining about the "decaying of society" in the other thread though. Grant it, that's not over a specific incident or individual but it's still laughable. They've been running that game since Pike's Peak was a pimple.
I miss the days when 'stupid' was clearly recognizable and saying so didn't involve politics, but common sense.

What she said was damn stupid.

Old 08-08-2019, 01:52 PM

21,799 posts, read 11,902,675 times
I hope she donates her brain to science fiction when she dies.

Old 08-08-2019, 01:54 PM

12,481 posts, read 11,516,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I miss the days when 'stupid' was clearly recognizable and saying so didn't involve politics, but common sense.

What she said was damn stupid.
Loving this....LMAO

When my very dear friend told me about "white privilege" i laughed and we got into one of our "discussions". When I was in college I worked my ass off and they were having a party time and were "brothers". I became successful because I used my smarts and my hands to forge a life. Guess they didn't

To f'n bad.

Old 08-08-2019, 01:57 PM

12,481 posts, read 11,516,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUMAN View Post
Canada is too white. Maybe Kenya?
Iran.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies