Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: WHich dem presidential candidate do you prefer?
Biden 15 38.46%
Warren 4 10.26%
Sanders 0 0%
Harris 1 2.56%
Buttigeig 0 0%
other 19 48.72%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2019, 11:47 AM

2,189 posts, read 1,385,384 times

Advertisements

Biden for 2 reasons.

1) He will be easy to beat.

2) If us Republicans lose, at least we won't have a ridiculous extremist for a President.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2019, 11:55 AM

3,978 posts, read 1,970,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Of the dem candidates, which one do you prefer the most?

If we are going to have a dem POTUS, I prefer a really crazy one for entertainment purposes. So my choice would be Warren. She is a flat out loon and would provide AOC level entertainment with wacky, absurd statements.

Joe is a little boring. He would be politics as usual, but would provide a lot of good gaffes and enough hair sniffing to be interesting, but not as much as Warren.

Sanders is a true loon as well, but he is old hat and we have heard all his crazy statement already. I would really prefer new entertainment.

Anyone else?
I dont really want our government to be "entertaining".

Out of the clown car of current dem candidates, Gropey Joe would likely do the least amount of damage. His 39 years of ineffective service in govt is testament to that.

Yet we could still be entertained somewhat by the inevitable handwringing and shrieks from the SJW left over the "trauma" of Biden, being part of the white male patriarchy nonsense they focus on.

Old 08-08-2019, 12:04 PM

6,061 posts, read 1,988,040 times
I did not vote, not being a conservative, but right now I am liking Tulsi Gabbard. She waylaid Kamala Harris in the last debate, and rightfully so. If I'm going to vote for a Democrat, I want an actual liberal and not some right-wing prosecutor who puts pot smokers in jail, and then jokes about having smoked pot herself.

There are no real good options at this time. The leading Dems have all lined up behind the chant of 'raaaaacist.' I plan to focus more on state and local elections for 2020.

Old 08-08-2019, 12:06 PM

6,112 posts, read 3,331,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
None of the above.

I agree..the one that sound more sane is Tulsi Gabbard but she is not on the list. I remember her when she slammed and exposed Harris on her career as prosecuting attorney of California during the last debates.

Watch the video:

https://www.democracynow.org/2019/8/1/seg_2

Old 08-08-2019, 12:07 PM

27,296 posts, read 28,366,245 times
Quote:
The one that says illegal immigration is a crime and we need a Wall to keep them out.

Still waiting for that one.

Old 08-08-2019, 12:08 PM

3,978 posts, read 1,970,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
I agree..the one that sound more sane is Tulsi Gabbard but she is not on the list. I remember her when she slammed and exposed Harris on her career as prosecuting attorney of California during the last debates.

Watch the video:

https://www.democracynow.org/2019/8/1/seg_2
Meh, Tulsi has issues also. The dems are in circular firing squad mode right now, so fratricide isnt abnormal.

Old 08-08-2019, 12:12 PM

58,545 posts, read 26,845,300 times
Quote:

If we are going to have a dem POTUS, I prefer a really crazy one for entertainment purposes. So my choice would be Warren. She is a flat out loon and would provide AOC level entertainment with wacky, absurd statements.

Joe is a little boring. He would be politics as usual, but would provide a lot of good gaffes and enough hair sniffing to be interesting, but not as much as Warren.

Sanders is a true loon as well, but he is old hat and we have heard all his crazy statement already. I would really prefer new entertainment.

Anyone else?
Why would any conservative prefer any of them?

Old 08-08-2019, 12:15 PM

6,112 posts, read 3,331,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snebarekim View Post
Meh, Tulsi has issues also. The dems are in circular firing squad mode right now, so fratricide isnt abnormal.

Never said she didn't have issues but to me she sound the most sane. She doesn't support most of the loony issues like the rest of the democratic candidates.

Old 08-08-2019, 12:52 PM

29,946 posts, read 18,513,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Why would any conservative prefer any of them?

I don't. But if you must have a democrat (beyond our control), I was just wondering about preferences.

Harris and Biden are the least crazy of the front runners, but just re-hash all the old dem sound bytes and offer nothing new. MOST of the things they advocate they know can never be instituted, and they just float them for votes.

Now Warren and Bernie are a different kind of crazy. I guess we just need to wait as well for AOC to age, as she would be a great dem candidate- she is really off her rocker crazy.

Old 08-08-2019, 01:07 PM

24,329 posts, read 26,739,713 times
I got the question wrong lol. I thought you were asking which candidate do you hope wins to increase Trump and Republicans chance on winning 2020.

If you meant, if a Democrat were to win, which would you prefer at least... I'd easily say Biden. At least he is center left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies